Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs were 67-15 that season. Second to the dubs.

What I remember is this, Anus Kanter and Steven Adams absolutely abused us on the rebounding thanks to the turd tower(boris diaw/david west) that Poopovich kept insisting on in the line-up.

LMA started out hot but cooled down the rest of the series. Kawhi didn't play well majority of the series.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No answer for KD and Westbrook... and rebounding... no answer for Kanter/Ibaka/Adams and throw in the rebounding efforts of Westbrook/KD. It was a wrap.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    Spurs were 67-15 that season. Second to the dubs.

What I remember is this, Anus Kanter and Steven Adams absolutely abused us on the rebounding thanks to the turd tower(boris diaw/david west) that Poopovich kept insisting on in the line-up.

LMA started out hot but cooled down the rest of the series. Kawhi didn't play well majority of the series.

pretty much this. Kawhi and LMA didn't play as well as the series went on and there was definitely some questionable officiating but the getting obliterated on the glass was the biggest reason imo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim’s second knee went bad. He rested it for a while, came back well for a couple of weeks, but it crapped out in the playoffs, which is why Kanter and Adams feasted, and why Pop had to play other players more minutes.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not staggering Duncan/LMA/Diaw/West correctly. Flat out not playing Boban.

Of course this could've all been averted by never signing West in place of a legit center.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan's good knee blew up midseason. It was over after that.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan's good knee blew up midseason. It was over after that.
    Yup. There's a reason Duncan retired after that series. He said he'd play until the wheels fell off, and they finally did.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim’s second knee went bad. He rested it for a while, came back well for a couple of weeks, but it crapped out in the playoffs, which is why Kanter and Adams feasted, and why Pop had to play other players more minutes.
    This, this man knows what's up.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Like others said Duncan's good knee went bad and caused him to be washed up. If the Spurs had 2015 Duncan instead then they would have won this series.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Of course this could've all been averted by never signing West in place of a legit center.
    hit the nail on the head with this one

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

The frustrating thing was West was automatic from midrange all season and then it completely dried up in the playoffs.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    The frustrating thing was West was automatic from midrange all season and then it completely dried up in the playoffs.
    i was about to say that he did his job in the RS. that okc matchup wasn’t for him though. and pop didn’t recognize.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Greg Poppovich

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Realistic Spurs Fan Amuseddaysleeper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Size, okc bigs murdered us

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    poop

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Start a thread digging up 4 yr old terd and post answer to own question with 1st post...must be really bored

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim's knee is a decent answer but the reality is the 2016 Spurs were one of our best teams ever talent wise and should never have depended on going as far as a 39 year old Tim Duncan would take them. If Pop had stopped playing West and Diaw constantly against Kanter and Adams and played Boban here and there I think Spurs win that series

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop refusal to play Boban. Would have kept OKC off the boards and spurs probably win in 6.

Another mental midget team that never got over any mental block except to beat the spurs...just like the clippers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Tim's knee is a decent answer but the reality is the 2016 Spurs were one of our best teams ever talent wise and should never have depended on going as far as a 39 year old Tim Duncan would take them. If Pop had stopped playing West and Diaw constantly against Kanter and Adams and played Boban here and there I think Spurs win that series
    The reality is that every ring team depended on Tim, even 2014, no matter what his age. He’d always answer the bell when others were playing sub par, like Kawhi in games 1-2 in 2014.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop refusal to play Boban. Would have kept OKC off the boards and spurs probably win in 6.

Another mental midget team that never got over any mental block except to beat the spurs...just like the clippers.
    The new rules were already in effect, and Westbrook would have played him off the floor in two or three minutes by switching.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The new rules were already in effect, and Westbrook would have played him off the floor in two or three minutes by switching.
    Same old story with the NBA... Spurs get good & win a championship, NBA tweaks the rules to keep that from happening again.
    Last edited by OldMan88; 11-30-2020 at 02:57 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I recall weren't the refs making some terrible calls that basically cost us the series?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I recall weren't the refs making some terrible calls that basically cost us the series?
    It was definitely bad. A ridiculous call at the end of Game two that swung the game. I left that game feeling sick.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    in David West. That dude sucked ass. Then bandwagoned his way to a ring he really didn't deserve.

Thread Information