Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its obvious lkrfans point is he didnt have some flawless career and would probably not be quite as revered if he played more of his prime years in the modern social media era

which is honestly the case with basically all players pre-social media, while if lebron and kobe accomplished the same things back in the 80s they would probably be disliked and crapped on a whole lot less, while far more people would have a massive disdain for jordan and the lousy human being he is and all the threats he made against his team in order to get surrounded by more talent, or would see how much guys like bird magic and timmy benefitted from an almost ideal situation from day 1 compared to most top draft picks

the double standards are ridiculous

he didnt tweet so he had less skills
    the twitter didnt exist in this era so it doesnt count
    if the BSPN media doesnt feed it to me all day on the Gram I dont believe it

- 12 year olds

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP dropping trooth nooks tbh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Failed to score over Shane Battier twice at the rim*

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    99 is an asterisk but 12 and 20 weren’t.

the hypocrisy.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Triggered af lmfao.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you should work for snopes brah

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    In '01 Duncan did get severely criticized for folding in game 3 and 4. I remember the national media crucifying him left and right. That was an embarrassing moment for Duncan but he learned from it and got better.

'02- The roster was complete offensively and Duncan had to do a lot of work against the Lakers. He guarded Shaq most of the time since Drob was hurt for half of that series and even when he came back wasn't effective. Duncan's stat line for that series was 29 points-17.2 reb-4.6 assists-1stl-3.2 blocks. Duncan was clearly the best player in that series. He just didn't have enough help. Parker was the second best player on the Spurs in that series and his stat line was 13.8 points and 5.4 assists. Not surprisingly by the time the 4th quarter started in every game of that series Duncan was gassed from having to carry the team on both ends of the court.

'04- Lakers went to double and tripple teaming Duncan after the first 2 games with combinations of Payton,Kobe,Malone,Shaq and the rest of the team choked by missing open shots.

'06- Pop's stupidity in playing small ball cost the Spurs the series. Duncan was dominant throughout the series but it's hard to win when your coach is a dumbass and playing Bowen and Finley on Dirk. Terrible idea and hurt the Spurs on the boards that's where they lost the series.

'08- Duncan's prime was over. So of course he wasn't good in the playoffs after the Suns series when facing better defensive teams in the Hornets with Chandler/West and then the Lakers with Odom/Gasol. If it was prime Duncan the Spurs easily beat both of those teams without any struggle.

Anything after '08 I don't judge at all because those were his twilight years.
    Who was he supposed to put on Dirk, though? Back then Prime Dirk was torching any bigs who dared to step out there. And Jet was killing it if you doubled down on Dirk. I think Pop had to go small, tbh.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who was he supposed to put on Dirk, though? Back then Prime Dirk was torching any bigs who dared to step out there. And Jet was killing it if you doubled down on Dirk. I think Pop had to go small, tbh.
    No one was going to stop Dirk. He was going to go off on Rasho,Nazr but the difference is at least the Spurs would have limited the second chance points. The Mavs killed the Spurs on the boards in that series. I remember how demoralizing it was whenever the Spurs would get the Mavs to miss a shot but couldn't secure the possession due to Dirk,Dampier,Diop getting the offensive board.

Putting Finley/Bowen on Dirk would be the equivalent of if the nuggets decided to have Jamal Murray guard Kawhi or if the Clippers decided to have Patrick Beverly guard Lebron.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    he didnt tweet so he had less skills
    the twitter didnt exist in this era so it doesnt count
    if the BSPN media doesnt feed it to me all day on the Gram I dont believe it

- 12 year olds
    someone obviously missed the point

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    O'RLY?

Rang count: Kobe 5, Jim 4.61**

**the 1999 " le" was won by a team that only played 50 games. 50/82=0.61. 4+0.61=4.61

5 >>> 4.61
    Thank god for helicopter rides and mountain sides.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree with this

01 - he was great in the first two games, including that amazing 40/15/5 game in game 2, but it wasn't enough. That Lakers team was just too good. Nobody was beating them, and certainly not a Spurs team with 1 superstar to their 2.

02 - Tim deserves some blame here, only because the games were close and he should've been more selfish/aggressive in the fourth quarters. Otherwise, the difference in talent between the Lakers and Spurs that year was laughable, and the fact that the series was close shows how amazing Tim was. He thoroughly outplayed Shaq and held his own defensively against him as well. He didn't have Kobe as a number 2 though...he had a rookie Tony Parker.

04 - I blame him most for games 4 and 6. He completely disappeared in game 4 in the second half, then in game 6 I felt like he gave into the defense and wasn't aggressive enough. As mentioned previously, the loss was mainly due to masterful coaching by Phil with no adjustment from Pop. He should've put Tim in more PnR or off-ball action to combat the constant double/triple teams. The Spurs shooters just went ice cold. Turkoglu and Horry were abysmal that series.

06 - he started having cramps in OT of game 7, which was unfortunate. He's not the type to be dramatic about it or say anything though. Prior to that, he had an amazing game and almost led one of the greatest comebacks ever if not for Manu's horrendous foul (ended the game with 40pts/15rbs). That series against Dallas was one of his best, so not sure why it's even mentioned to discredit him.

07 Finals - he shot poorly. It happens. He still led the team in rebounds, assists, and blocks while coming second in scoring. Three best part: he was genuinely happy for Tony when Tony win finals MVP

08 - he was never fully right this season, and the following year we'd learn that he had problems with that left knee. I think the knee issues started in 08. If you look at the tape, he just wasn't the same, especially on D. He was really inconsistent offensively against NO and that game 7 was terrible. He also had no lift against the Lakers yet still dropped 23/13/5 against them in the WCF, badly outplaying Pau. Kobe was just something else in that series though, and single handedly killed us. Didn't help that Manu was hurt and getting locked down by Sasha ing Vucevic.
    Last edited by TDfan2007; 11-29-2020 at 12:03 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nope, still had flawless career . even those mistakes where flawless. your post = invalid

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    **Debunking the “Why are you on a Spurs forum to begin with Laker fans?” narrative once and for all** because laker fans are nothing more than bandwagon fans at the end of the day anyhow and have no real place to call home.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But seriously, if this is the best you can do to discredit a guy's career...

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    99 is an asterisk but 12 and 20 weren’t.

the hypocrisy.
    I told you 2020 would be an asterisk championship. You forgot?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Triggered af lmfao.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kirby's wife has already shacked up with Karl Malone again.
    Amy está agarrando sus tobillos y mordiéndose el labio inferior con mi amigo Miguel y no Jim!

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    its obvious lkrfans point is he didnt have some flawless career and would probably not be quite as revered if he played more of his prime years in the modern social media era

which is honestly the case with basically all players pre-social media, while if lebron and kobe accomplished the same things back in the 80s they would probably be disliked and crapped on a whole lot less, while far more people would have a massive disdain for jordan and the lousy human being he is and all the threats he made against his team in order to get surrounded by more talent, or would see how much guys like bird magic and timmy benefitted from an almost ideal situation from day 1 compared to most top draft picks

the double standards are ridiculous

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    OP dropping trooth nooks tbh
    You see it

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    **Debunking the “Why are you on a Spurs forum to begin with Laker fans?” narrative once and for all** because laker fans are nothing more than bandwagon fans at the end of the day anyhow and have no real place to call home.
    Lakers won the 2020 le. Spurs couldn't even win the 2020 lottery.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Agree with this

01 - he was great in the first two games, including that amazing 40/15/5 game in game 2, but it wasn't enough. That Lakers team was just too good. Nobody was beating them, and certainly not a Spurs team with 1 superstar to their 2.

02 - Tim deserves some blame here, only because the games were close and he should've been more selfish/aggressive in the fourth quarters. Otherwise, the difference in talent between the Lakers and Spurs that year was laughable, and the fact that the series was close shows how amazing Tim was. He thoroughly outplayed Shaq and held his own defensively against him as well. He didn't have Kobe as a number 2 though...he had a rookie Tony Parker.

04 - I blame him most for games 4 and 6. He completely disappeared in game 4 in the second half, then in game 6 I felt like he gave into the defense and wasn't aggressive enough. As mentioned previously, the loss was mainly due to masterful coaching by Phil with no adjustment from Pop. He should've put Tim in more PnR or off-ball action to combat the constant double/triple teams. The Spurs shooters just went ice cold. Turkoglu and Horry were abysmal that series.

06 - he started having cramps in OT of game 7, which was unfortunate. He's not the type to be dramatic about it or say anything though. Prior to that, he had an amazing game and almost led one of the greatest comebacks ever if not for Manu's horrendous foul (ended the game with 40pts/15rbs). That series against Dallas was one of his best, so not sure why it's even mentioned to discredit him.

07 Finals - he shot poorly. It happens. He still led the team in rebounds, assists, and blocks while coming second in scoring. Three best part: he was genuinely happy for Tony when Tony win finals MVP

08 - he was never fully right this season, and the following year we'd learn that he had problems with that left knee. I think the knee issues started in 08. If you look at the tape, he just wasn't the same, especially on D. He was really inconsistent offensively against NO and that game 7 was terrible. He also had no lift against the Lakers yet still dropped 23/13/5 against them in the WCF, badly outplaying Pau. Kobe was just something else in that series though, and single handedly killed us. Didn't help that Manu was hurt and getting locked down by Sasha ing Vucevic.
    Do you think Jim keeps his Olympic Bronze Medal with his 4.61 NBA les?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Amy está agarrando sus tobillos y mordiéndose el labio inferior con mi amigo Miguel y no Jim!
    Wrong side of the wall el hermano.

Thread Information