Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You don't even believe the lies you are spewing. Sad
    What lies? Just using the logic you’ve been using since you begged to be adopted here.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People bring up Duncan's international record but the fact remains he (and Iverson to his credit) went and at least competed when Kobe, Shaq, Garnett and many others bailed on representing the USA when it mattered. Of course Kobe and others jumped back on bandwagon when team was stacked.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    The 2 piece

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    People bring up Duncan's international record but the fact remains he (and Iverson to his credit) went and at least competed when Kobe, Shaq, Garnett and many others bailed on representing the USA when it mattered. Of course Kobe and others jumped back on bandwagon when team was stacked.
    Kobe was fighting to stay out of jail. Shaq already won Gold in 1996. I don't know why KG wasn't there, but still.

Kobe competed in 2008 and 2012. Why didn't Jim come back to redeem himself like Bron?

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe was fighting to stay out of jail. Shaq already won Gold in 1996. I don't know why KG wasn't there, but still.

Kobe competed in 2008 and 2012. Why didn't Jim come back to redeem himself like Bron?
    Duncan is uncomfortable taking somebody else’s credit.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Duncan is uncomfortable taking somebody else’s credit.
    Was he too uncomfortable with taking Gold from Manure in 2004 Olympics?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was he too uncomfortable with taking Gold from Manure in 2004 Olympics?
    Duncan earns his stuff. He never takes.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Duncan earns his stuff. He never takes.
    He earned that Bronze Medal. That's for sho!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    O'RLY?

Rang count: Kobe 5, Jim 4.61**

**the 1999 " le" was won by a team that only played 50 games. 50/82=0.61. 4+0.61=4.61

5 >>> 4.61
    Who the was going to beat them in 1999? They were the hottest team in basketball down the stretch. What they were suddenly going to cool off down the stretch run of an 82 game season? Who was going to beat them? Utah? Portland? No ing chance.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Who the was going to beat them in 1999? They were the hottest team in basketball down the stretch. What they were suddenly going to cool off down the stretch run of an 82 game season? Who was going to beat them? Utah? Portland? No ing chance.
    Knicks played without Ewing, who was still averaging 17.3/9.9 and 2.6 blocks. Your biggest in NBA history 1999 asterisk staysPERIOD.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knicks played without Ewing, who was still averaging 17.3/9.9 and 2.6 blocks. Your biggest in NBA history 1999 asterisk staysPERIOD.
    Ewing was a big time playoff choker. He choked big time against Rik Smiths on a regular basis and got severely choked against Olajuwon in '94 by averaging a measly 18 points on 36 percent shooing. Knicks would not have gone to the finals if he was healthy considering they matched up much better with the Pacers without him then with him. Hard for me to imagine Dave and Tim would have struggled against Ewing.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Ewing was a big time playoff choker. He choked big time against Rik Smiths on a regular basis and got severely choked against Olajuwon in '94 by averaging a measly 18 points on 36 percent shooing. Knicks would not have gone to the finals if he was healthy considering they matched up much better with the Pacers without him then with him. Hard for me to imagine Dave and Tim would have struggled against Ewing.
    You speaking offensively. He was still a defensive force. But alas, Jim battled with 6'3" Larry Johnson

-50 points son

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You speaking offensively. He was still a defensive force. But alas, Jim battled with 6'3" Larry Johnson

-50 points son
    That's * talking.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

-50 points son
    My younger brother is a hardcore Knicks fan. I watched a lot of Knick games growing up. Ewing choked a bunch of times defensively against Rik Smits in the playoffs. I saw plenty of games where Rik Smits took him to school in the playoffs and outplayed him. Keep in mind Smits wasn't some super mobile big. The only thing Smits had going for him was he had a good shooting touch but he didn't have great mobility. By '99 Ewing was a slow immobile stiff on the defensive end. He was just a giant pylon. Granted I will say he did come up big defensively against ZO in the first round of 'the '99 playoffs in the 4th quarters of games but I always chalked that up to ZO also being a mental midget.

Like I said before the Knicks benefited from Ewing getting hurt early in the Pacers series. If he played the full series they would have lost. Him going down allowed the Knicks go with a quicker line up which caused problems for the older Pacer's team. A year later both teams matched up again and the Pacers won in rematch due to Ewing slowing the game down for the Knicks which favored the Pacers. Ewing would have been too slow to guard Duncan. Duncan would have easily take him to school. Hard to imagine Duncan struggling against an old Ewing after what he did to Shaq in the earlier rounds.

Here is a game of Duncan/Robinson vs Ewing during Duncan's rookie year which was the last time Ewing was a superstar. Both got whatever they wanted against Ewing in this game. This was a better Ewing than '99 Ewing which was even a worse version. So I would expect they would do even better against '99 Ewing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah right I’m sure he would’ve completely shut down Tim Duncan in that series LOL. We swept you. Shaq in his prime and you got swept. Tim dropped 37/14 and 33/14 in games 3 and 4.. You obviously repaid the favor down the road, but give us credit when we deserve it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would not say he was a big-time playoff choker. He had some struggles certainly. He also had some great series in which he just didn’t get enough help. 1993 against the Bulls he really played incredibly. But he just never had that second guy that consistently scored..

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yeah right I’m sure he would’ve completely shut down Tim Duncan in that series LOL. We swept you. Shaq in his prime and you got swept. Tim dropped 37/14 and 33/14 in games 3 and 4.. You obviously repaid the favor down the road, but give us credit when we deserve it.
    Didn't say Ewing would shut Jim down. The refs wouldn't let anybody lay the wood to him like back in the 1980s.

What I am saying is you won in a 50-game shortened season against a midget team who was light their sole hall of fame big man.

1999*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't say Ewing would shut Jim down. The refs wouldn't let anybody lay the wood to him like back in the 1980s.

What I am saying is you won in a 50-game shortened season against a midget team who was light their sole hall of fame big man.

1999*
    I repeat who was going to beat them? The Knicks were going to beat them when your Lakers with prime Shaquille O’Neal could not beat them? Troll much.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    I repeat who was going to beat them? The Knicks were going to beat them when your Lakers with prime Shaquille O’Neal could not beat them? Troll much.
    Not trolling son. Prime Shaw never won without an all star guard (Kobe, D-Whistle). Kobe wasn't ready yet. And we didn't have Phillip Jackson, yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not trolling son. Prime Shaw never won without an all star guard (Kobe, D-Whistle). Kobe wasn't ready yet. And we didn't have Phillip Jackson, yet.
    That 1999 series was the most evenly matched series between the Shaq/Kobe Lakers and the Duncan Spurs. David was still playing at an all star level then, and Tim was obviously a superstar. Shaq was a superstar and Kobe was an ascending all star. Both teams had solid role players, but nothing amazing...and y'all got on.

2001 was hilariously one-sided. That Lakers team was one of the greatest of all time, and Shaq and Kobe were both top five players that year and played even better in the playoffs. The Spurs were missing DA and David had nothing left in the tank after a very physical first two rounds. Didn't help that the Spurs were starting 80-year-old Terry Porter and Danny ing Ferry

2002 was even more of a mismatch. Shaq and Kobe vs Tim and no other all stars. Those games were only close because of Tim's greatness. But Phil knew the deal. Let Tim beat up on Horry in the first three quarters, then switch Shaq on him and throw doubles when he puts the ball on the floor in the fourth quarter. It was genius, and it worked to perfection.

We all know what happened in 2003...

2004 was once again Tim and no other all stars, but this time going against 4 future hall of famers and prime Shaq/Kobe. Somehow, thanks to Tim's greatness, the Spurs were one shot away from a 3-2 lead and a potential series win. I'll never forget watching Devin Brown turn into our go-to perimeter score in game six lolol.

Thread Information