Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Didn't say Ewing would shut Jim down. The refs wouldn't let anybody lay the wood to him like back in the 1980s.

What I am saying is you won in a 50-game shortened season against a midget team who was light their sole hall of fame big man.

1999*
    The Knicks were the dirtiest team in the '99 playoffs. I remember one play where Dudley tried to break Duncan's arm in game 1 where Duncan went up for a dunk. Duncan got the dunk and Dudley actually ended up injuring himself but it was a dangerous play if had gone right Duncan could have been taken out for the series. There was another play where I think Duncan was on a fast break and went up for a dunk and some Knicks player shoved him in right in the back which sent Duncan flying into the crowd. Another dirty play that could severely injured Duncan.

The '99 Knicks team had a reunion a year ago and even mentioned how they tried to rough up Duncan but were surprised that it had no effect. They were all amazed at how great he was.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not trolling son. Prime Shaw never won without an all star guard (Kobe, D-Whistle). Kobe wasn't ready yet. And we didn't have Phillip Jackson, yet.
    And Ewing never won anything at all. And I liked Patrick Ewing quite a bit. He played in a very difficult era. But he’s A second-tier Hall of Fame big man.

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    Dragged by AARP Reggie in a cat fight

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Dragged by AARP Reggie in a cat fight

I forgot about Reggie roughing him up. Kobe 0-2 in hand to hand combat

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    And Ewing never won anything at all. And I liked Patrick Ewing quite a bit. He played in a very difficult era. But he’s A second-tier Hall of Fame big man.
    Agreed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He earned that Bronze Medal. That's for sho!!
    Better than bandwagonning and taking the credit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Knicks played without Ewing, who was still averaging 17.3/9.9 and 2.6 blocks. Your biggest in NBA history 1999 asterisk staysPERIOD.
    Look up the Ewing effect. That term came into play and gained huge traction because of their 99 playoff run.

Ewing’s absence unleashed Houston and sprewell.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Better than bandwagonning and taking the credit.
    Coach K said Kobe set the tone in 2008 Olympic practices. Funny, but Bron never made an all defensive team before playing with Kobe in those Olympics. Look it up - I know you will

But yet Kobe bandwagoned to Gold...TWICE

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Look up the Ewing effect. That term came into play and gained huge traction because of their 99 playoff run.

Ewing’s absence unleashed Houston and sprewell.
    Ewing is a first ballot HOFer. Those other two you are not and I'm ashamed of you making that statement as if it has merits.

Imagine Allan and Spree playing well with Ewing. Ever thought of that? SMH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Coach K said Kobe set the tone in 2008 Olympic practices. Funny, but Bron never made an all defensive team before playing with Kobe in those Olympics. Look it up - I know you will

But yet Kobe bandwagoned to Gold...TWICE
    So now Kobe is responsible for Lebron's defense? Just like he was responsible for Kawhi's? Funny that we were talking about people taking other's credits. Waiting to hear Ja Morant saying that Kobe was a huge inspiration to him, and the Laker fans will jump on it and claim that Morant made it purely because of Kobe.

Ewing is a first ballot HOFer. Those other two you are not and I'm ashamed of you making that statement as if it has merits.

Imagine Allan and Spree playing well with Ewing. Ever thought of that? SMH
    So you have no idea about the Ewing effect.

Read this up: https://medium.com/the-knicks-wall/t...e-ca2021d6e8ea

It is exactly how Ewing, despite him being a 1st a ballot HoFer (and deservingly so) drags his team down.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So now Kobe is responsible for Lebron's defense? Just like he was responsible for Kawhi's? Funny that we were talking about people taking other's credits. Waiting to hear Ja Morant saying that Kobe was a huge inspiration to him, and the Laker fans will jump on it and claim that Morant made it purely because of Kobe.
    Yeah, I'm saying that until Kobe locked him and Wade down in the first couple of Olympic practices - thus setting the tone like Coach K said - Bron really didn't bother with that side of the ball (hence 0 all defensive team appearances). After those Olympics he became a monster on both sides of the ball. Facts son.

And why would you lie and throw Kawhi in your post? He clearly wasn't in the 2008 Olympics. I'll ignore the Ja pointless post and delete the BS you cited about Big Pat.

The Knicks were perennially great defensive teams in the 1990s. I wonder what the common denominator was on those teams? When he wasn't there, their defense wasn't as good. 1999 Spurs benefitedPERIOD.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2011 ruined any chance he had for a perfect resume'. You can't lose to an 8th seed PERIOD. As far as his ranking goes, I have Timmy ahead Shaq and ahead of Kobe once he got that 5th le of his. But he is in that sphere. My rankings are different than anybody else's obviously but I feel like Tim is in that second tier of all time greats 5-10 range and not the upper tier.

But Kobe missed the playoffs I think 4 times which hurts his "flawless career" argument. Once in his absolute prime too.

Shaq was a s of himself obviously but his latter half of his career was the most embarrassing thing as far as all time greats go, but I can't hate on it when they are willing to pay you millions of dollars to play, you have to take advantage of that as long as you can.

Not even Jordan is flawless. Dude got bounced in the first round a ton of times and I have to include the Wizard years.

The only flawless career in the history of the NBA is Bill.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well the next best thing in NY was ... John Starks

Can’t blame Ewing tbh, that’s why context matters when we’re discussing les

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well the next best thing in NY was ... John Starks

Can’t blame Ewing tbh, that’s why context matters when we’re discussing les
    Ewing choked against Olaujuwon in '94 but that gets overshadowed by Starks bad game 6. Ewing also choked in '95 against the Pacers in game 7. The window to win for a lot of guys is very small so you have to take advantage when there is a small opening like Dirk did in '11. Ewing failed to do that in '94 and '95. He also didn't show mental discipline in '97 when he ran off the bench during the Heat brawl which cost his team the series.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    2011 ruined any chance he had for a perfect resume'. You can't lose to an 8th seed PERIOD. As far as his ranking goes, I have Timmy ahead Shaq and ahead of Kobe once he got that 5th le of his. But he is in that sphere. My rankings are different than anybody else's obviously but I feel like Tim is in that second tier of all time greats 5-10 range and not the upper tier.

But Kobe missed the playoffs I think 4 times which hurts his "flawless career" argument. Once in his absolute prime too.

Shaq was a s of himself obviously but his latter half of his career was the most embarrassing thing as far as all time greats go, but I can't hate on it when they are willing to pay you millions of dollars to play, you have to take advantage of that as long as you can.

Not even Jordan is flawless. Dude got bounced in the first round a ton of times and I have to include the Wizard years.

The only flawless career in the history of the NBA is Bill.
    Most of Kobe's prime was wasted playing with bums like Odom, Kwame, Chris Mihm, Smush Parker and Luke Walton.

Be lucky Klutch wasn't in power back then. No way they let the Lakers abuse Kobe's talent like that.

Kobe went to war vs the #1 seeded loaded Suns with garbage. But yet it somehow is held against him for losing. Same deal with Bron losing to the loaded Dubs.

No one said Kobe's career was flawless. But you do hear that crap about Jim. It is what it is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I'm saying that until Kobe locked him and Wade down in the first couple of Olympic practices - thus setting the tone like Coach K said - Bron really didn't bother with that side of the ball (hence 0 all defensive team appearances). After those Olympics he became a monster on both sides of the ball. Facts son.

And why would you lie and throw Kawhi in your post? He clearly wasn't in the 2008 Olympics. I'll ignore the Ja pointless post and delete the BS you cited about Big Pat.

The Knicks were perennially great defensive teams in the 1990s. I wonder what the common denominator was on those teams? When he wasn't there, their defense wasn't as good. 1999 Spurs benefitedPERIOD.
    So wait, you think that Lebron started to dedicate on defense because he was "locked down" by Kobe in a practice of an exhibition tournament, and not because he dedicated his entire life to playing basketball. Not to mention that his defensive metrics, both advanced and traditional, did not see any significant improvement in 2008 and whatever improvement can be explained by experience and growth. . This is the stupidest you have said here, and you have said plenty.

As for the Knicks, Ewing's defensive numbers were of an average center in 99. Look it up.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    So wait, you think that Lebron started to dedicate on defense because he was "locked down" by Kobe in a practice of an exhibition tournament, and not because he dedicated his entire life to playing basketball. Not to mention that his defensive metrics, both advanced and traditional, did not see any significant improvement in 2008 and whatever improvement can be explained by experience and growth. . This is the stupidest you have said here, and you have said plenty.

As for the Knicks, Ewing's defensive numbers were of an average center in 99. Look it up.
    Show me where he made even 1 all defensive team before the 2008 Olympics or shut your pie hole.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Just as I suspected. Bron made all defensive team in 2009 (year after 2008 Olympics for the slow and pigheaded posters like amb)
    2008-09

First Team

Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers

Kevin Garnett, Boston Celtics

Dwight Howard, Orlando Magic

LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers

Chris Paul, New Orleans Hornets
    So, as I was saying. Bron never made an all defensive team before 2008. But after a summer practicing with Kobe - preparing to win a Gold Medal (unlike Jim), he's 1st team? Funny how that works.

Jim was 2nd team det year. No wonder the Lakers dusted the Spurs off in the playoffs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Most of Kobe's prime was wasted playing with bums like Odom, Kwame, Chris Mihm, Smush Parker and Luke Walton.

Be lucky Klutch wasn't in power back then. No way they let the Lakers abuse Kobe's talent like that.

Kobe went to war vs the #1 seeded loaded Suns with garbage. But yet it somehow is held against him for losing. Same deal with Bron losing to the loaded Dubs.

No one said Kobe's career was flawless. But you do hear that crap about Jim. It is what it is
    Yeah but most of Jim's career was wasted too. I mean you had Antonio Daniels starting as point guard. Danny Ferry was an actual starter too. Same with One kidney Elliott. Steve Smith. 38 year old Terry Porter was 5th in minutes in the playoffs.

But nah man Jim ain't flawless. Kobe ain't. MJ ain't. Bron ain't flawless either. You can't pull that kinda he did against the Mavs. Same with the Spurs in 14. You can lose to them, but you can't set the ALL TIME NBA finals record for a loss

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ewing choked against Olaujuwon in '94 but that gets overshadowed by Starks bad game 6. Ewing also choked in '95 against the Pacers in game 7. The window to win for a lot of guys is very small so you have to take advantage when there is a small opening like Dirk did in '11. Ewing failed to do that in '94 and '95. He also didn't show mental discipline in '97 when he ran off the bench during the Heat brawl which cost his team the series.
    He didn't choke , Olajuwon is just the goat center imo; Ewing still had a great defensive series and made a big 3 in game 3 or 4

In 95 he was playing injured against the Pacers, reason why he couldn't dunk on the final play

I give you 1997

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Yeah but most of Jim's career was wasted too. I mean you had Antonio Daniels starting as point guard. Danny Ferry was an actual starter too. Same with One kidney Elliott. Steve Smith. 38 year old Terry Porter was 5th in minutes in the playoffs.

But nah man Jim ain't flawless. Kobe ain't. MJ ain't. Bron ain't flawless either. You can't pull that kinda he did against the Mavs. Same with the Spurs in 14. You can lose to them, but you can't set the ALL TIME NBA finals record for a loss

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Kobe's prime was 2 years?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Show me where he made even 1 all defensive team before the 2008 Olympics or shut your pie hole.
    So what? Kobe didn't even make the All-NBA first team until he got his shoved in by Austin Croshere. Austin Croshere made Kobe. prove me wrong.
    Just as I suspected. Kobe made all defensive team 1st team in 2000 (year after 99 playoffs where he was swept by Jaren Jackson for the slow and pigheaded posters like @Lkrfan)

So, as I was saying. Kobe never made an all defensive 1st team before 2000. But after a summer a summer getting his shoved in by Jaren Jackson - getting swept in the process, he's 1st team? Funny how that works.

Shaq was all time great det year. No wonder the Lakers dusted the Spurs off in the playoffs

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Mi hombre Ricardo Vincente Carlos Hernandez II ( LkrFan) telling it like it is

My Team
    Toronto Raptors
    Post Count
    I forgot about Reggie roughing him up. Kobe 0-2 in hand to hand combat
    ....except when he "finished himself" in the hotel room

Thread Information