Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

And this doesn't include his Olympic Bronze Medal

And let's not forget how he celebrated his divorce from Any with David Robinson

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Still better than Kirby though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kobe went 6-24 once and was gifted a finals MVP. Is this thread a joke? He also went to the Olympics at least when all the other Americans bailed.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    O'RLY?

Rang count: Kobe 5, Jim 4.61**

**the 1999 " le" was won by a team that only played 50 games. 50/82=0.61. 4+0.61=4.61

5 >>> 4.61

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Kobe went 6-24 once and was gifted a finals MVP. Is this thread a joke? He also went to the Olympics at least when all the other Americans bailed.
    Let's talk about Olympics, shall we?

Bronze Medal count: Jim 1, Kobe none
    Gold Medal count: Kobe 2, Jim none

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    O'RLY?

Rang count: Kobe 5, Jim 4.61**

**the 1999 " le" was won by a team that only played 50 games. 50/82=0.61. 4+0.61=4.61

5 >>> 4.61
    Is basketball an individual sport?

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Tbh

Duncan could not defend les. Besides that, he always seemed to showup when it mattered. Never quit on his team like Kobe did.

And those early faliures vs LA were a case of Phil just undressing Pop in schemes.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Is basketball an individual sport?
    Okay, how about wedding rang count? Kobe 1, Jim nne

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Okay, how about wedding rang count? Kobe 1, Jim nne

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Tbh

Duncan could not defend les. Besides that, he always seemed to showup when it mattered. Never quit on his team like Kobe did.

And those early faliures vs LA were a case of Phil just undressing Pop in schemes.
    Jim never repeated as a champion. Repeating at least once shows dominance. It's cool...Bird never did it either. It happens.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Tbh

I don't think that it's right to judge players by rings tbh. Every season of 1988-1990 MJ >> 1996-1998 MJ.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    at you farmers avoiding this thread >>

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BREAKING NEWS : SUPERSTAR IS NOT PERFECT, MORE AT 11

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Meh it happens. I mean 2005 he was defended by the DPOY all series long, on a sprained ankle and plantar fasciitis while Gino was guarded by Rip Hamilton.

2004 was masterful coaching by Phil. Triple team Duncan and let everyone else suck. And they did.

2001 and 02 I give him a pass just by default of his roster. DRob didn’t even play in one of those Laker series. I mean Kobe complained about his ty roster in 05-07 but Duncan took an even tier roster to the WCF and WCSF. It’s impressive if anything.

99 was dominant btw. Same in 03. Same is 05.

06 was rigged but even so had 40 and 15 to close out the series. Also was the dumbest foul in Spurs history away from making the Finals again and probably ringing.

07 he rang so who gives a f

08 was bad. I remember thinking wtf Tim that’s a ty performance

09 he was great but we lost in 5

10 was on Pop thinking George Hill was any good. Also we started Kieth Bogans or some . Dark days

11 I said he should’ve retired

12 was a resurgence as well as 13

And 14 was a masterpiece. Hit the game winner to go to the Finals and called his shot.

15 was also a masterpiece. Destroyed Jordan on one knee

16 wheels fell off

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    20 years and only half a dozen bad games. That’s why he should be in GOaT convos.

And works out right, he had a bad game and the spurs lose. He was the team and that team won five rings.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    its obvious lkrfans point is he didnt have some flawless career and would probably not be quite as revered if he played more of his prime years in the modern social media era

which is honestly the case with basically all players pre-social media, while if lebron and kobe accomplished the same things back in the 80s they would probably be disliked and crapped on a whole lot less, while far more people would have a massive disdain for jordan and the lousy human being he is and all the threats he made against his team in order to get surrounded by more talent, or would see how much guys like bird magic and timmy benefitted from an almost ideal situation from day 1 compared to most top draft picks

the double standards are ridiculous

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    In '01 Duncan did get severely criticized for folding in game 3 and 4. I remember the national media crucifying him left and right. That was an embarrassing moment for Duncan but he learned from it and got better.

'02- The roster was complete offensively and Duncan had to do a lot of work against the Lakers. He guarded Shaq most of the time since Drob was hurt for half of that series and even when he came back wasn't effective. Duncan's stat line for that series was 29 points-17.2 reb-4.6 assists-1stl-3.2 blocks. Duncan was clearly the best player in that series. He just didn't have enough help. Parker was the second best player on the Spurs in that series and his stat line was 13.8 points and 5.4 assists. Not surprisingly by the time the 4th quarter started in every game of that series Duncan was gassed from having to carry the team on both ends of the court.

'04- Lakers went to double and tripple teaming Duncan after the first 2 games with combinations of Payton,Kobe,Malone,Shaq and the rest of the team choked by missing open shots.

'06- Pop's stupidity in playing small ball cost the Spurs the series. Duncan was dominant throughout the series but it's hard to win when your coach is a dumbass and playing Bowen and Finley on Dirk. Terrible idea and hurt the Spurs on the boards that's where they lost the series.

'08- Duncan's prime was over. So of course he wasn't good in the playoffs after the Suns series when facing better defensive teams in the Hornets with Chandler/West and then the Lakers with Odom/Gasol. If it was prime Duncan the Spurs easily beat both of those teams without any struggle.

Anything after '08 I don't judge at all because those were his twilight years.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Another myth a lot of young people have who are 30 and below have is that Duncan never got criticized by the media. I would say from '97-'05 he dealt with a lot of severe criticism. After he won his first le the national media called it an asterisk after Phil Jackson stated it was. When Duncan won his first two MVPs you heard a bunch of idiots in the national media and players says Kidd and Garnett deserved it over him. He proved those idiots wrong by winning the le in '03. Even after the Spurs won in '03 Duncan was not respected because the media kept screaming it was a fluke le and the Spurs just got lucky. After '03 Duncan had to deal with the narrative that he couldn't win without David Robinson. I remember during the '05 Finals the media called out Duncan and said he wasn't a real leader when the series got tied up 2-2 and kept running that narrative until the series was over. Duncan dealt with a lot of bs criticism from the media but he handled it much better than Durant/Lebron did.
    Last edited by daslicer; 11-28-2020 at 02:32 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Duncan alive, not Kirby.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Duncan alive, not Kirby.
    But his marriage is dead

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    20 years and only half a dozen bad games. That’s why he should be in GOaT convos.

And works out right, he had a bad game and the spurs lose. He was the team and that team won 4.61 rings.
    FIFY

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    all that research cherry picking to find stats from 20 years ago of 2 bad games during playoffs where he had just come off knee surgery, was like 22 years old and had a 1 man team. While KoMe had a 1 man team and didnt make the playoffs. In the middle of his prime. In big NBA favorite market LA. Playing every game 8 on 5 with massive ref assistance. And the srlf proclaimed GOAT coach.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But his marriage is dead
    Kirby's wife has already shacked up with Karl Malone again.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s 12 talking tbh.. not sure why Ernesto is heading in that direction tbh... won’t end well for Kobe.. dude is dead a few months ago.. not nice Ernesto

Thread Information