Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doncic isn't half as good as Giannis on the defensive end, though.
    Does that matter in today's NBA? Let's be real.

I don't remember Giannis being talked about much in the playoffs for his defense. Did he shut down anybody? He couldn't even stop Kawhi.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does that matter in today's NBA? Let's be real.

I don't remember Giannis being talked about much in the playoffs for his defense. Did he shut down anybody? He couldn't even stop Kawhi.
    Uh, Milwaukee didn’t play the Clippers in the playoffs. Giannis can play defense, and yes, in today’s NBA, it matters. So few can do all of the switches, it may matter more now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Uh, Milwaukee didn’t play the Clippers in the playoffs. Giannis can play defense, and yes, in today’s NBA, it matters. So few can do all of the switches, it may matter more now.
    I was talking about last year in regards to Kawhi.

And as for defense, I was talking about on ball D.

So long as you're not a liability on defense, as Doncic isn't, defense is not as important in today's NBA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was talking about last year in regards to Kawhi.

And as for defense, I was talking about on ball D.

So long as you're not a liability on defense, as Doncic isn't, defense is not as important in today's NBA.
    The best defensive team in the league won the le this year and the team with the best defensive player in the league won it the previous year. Defense always matters in basketball.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best defensive team in the league won the le this year and the team with the best defensive player in the league won it the previous year. Defense always matters in basketball.
    Team defense is different than individual defense, which is what we are talking about when we are comparing two players.

Put the best defensive player on a bad defensive team and it doesn't make that team one of the top defensive teams without the correct players and defensive philosophies.

Are you calling Kawhi the best defensive player last year? Because that is just outrageous...

Article in 2019:

"That’s what Kawhi Leonard was this year too. He had by far the worst DBPM of his career (and does again in the playoffs, a worrying sign) with his ever increasing offensive load. Like PG, Kawhi played for a top-5 defense but got plenty of help from Gasol, Siakam, Danny Green, Ibaka, and Lowry. OKC and Toronto were great defenses because of team defense more than individual play. Jimmy Butler was not good on defense this year."

https://medium.com/sportsraid/best-d...r-b6ec6212a065

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The fact that this Giannis vs Doncic debate is even happening kinda shows why they'd be such a great pairing. And that's without even discussing Porzingis. No one's saying "yeah but is Giannis even better than DeRozan?" or "Lonnie Walker is a better 3 pt shooter than Giannis!"

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Antetokounmpo is definitely better than Doncic right now. It'll be difficult for the latter to truly ever be the best because he'll always be a sub par initial defender (granted, he's big and a good rebounder, but still), but the league and media can't wait to crown him. Other than the fact that he's foreign, he's their wet dream.

At thinking S bag was ever the best defensive player in the league, let alone recently.

Antetokounmpo and Davis are the two best defensive players in the league because of their superior versatility to the likes of Gobert and Embiid (the rare times he's in shape and playing hard).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bend over, I'll ing give you a white extension.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Antetokounmpo is definitely better than Doncic right now. It'll be difficult for the latter to truly ever be the best because he'll always be a sub par initial defender (granted, he's big and a good rebounder, but still), but the league and media can't wait to crown him. Other than the fact that he's foreign, he's their wet dream.
    Great White Hope, tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

#hegone
    #comehometoSA
    #nextspurssuperstar
    #lolspergs
    #eyetesters

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’ll either sign it by the 20th, or he won’t.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He’ll either sign it by the 20th, or he won’t.
    And if he doesn't, the probability for Giannis to become a Spur goes from 1% to 5%. I like it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And if he doesn't, the probability for Giannis to become a Spur goes from 1% to 5%. I like it.
    How is there a 1% chance he becomes a Spur if he DOES sign it?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How is there a 1% chance he becomes a Spur if he DOES sign it?
    I didn't mean it like that. More like how Vegas odds changes by the day as news gets provided every day.

Like how right now it's a 1% chance for Giannis to become a Spur because there's still a possibility he signs with the Bucks.

Remove that possibility and then it becomes 5%.

I think they call it 'running probability'
    Last edited by Dejounte; 12-03-2020 at 03:43 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doncic is a great player and he put up amazing stats last year but as of right now he isn’t better than Giannis.

he has to be more efficient shooting the ball, cut down on the turnovers, and be at least not bad on defense. The crazy part about all the things he needs to get better at, is the fact that he is still damn close to being as impactful/good as Giannis. Lol

Doncic is a really damn good player to be so young!

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would take Doncic cause I am trying to win a Championship and he has proven that he can rise to the challenge and produce and help his team win. Giannis unless he makes some big improvements will be shut down like he has the last two years in the playoffs cause teams now know how to shut him down

I don't think he will sign an extension and I think he ends up in either the Heat or Dallas.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would take Doncic cause I am trying to win a Championship and he has proven that he can rise to the challenge and produce and help his team win. Giannis unless he makes some big improvements will be shut down like he has the last two years in the playoffs cause teams now know how to shut him down

I don't think he will sign an extension and I think he ends up in either the Heat or Dallas.
    Giannis got shut down because Bledsoe couldn't shoot. I get what you are saying, but if you play Giannis with 4 3-point shooters there's no way to stop him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

when did he do that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when did he do that?
    When he lost to the Clippers in the first round?

And Doncic being white has a lot to do with all the hype & praise he's receiving, right now. He's basically a white version of James Harden, but people are acting like he's the next coming of Mike or LeBron. He does play a less selfish game than Harden so I'll give him that at least.

Anyway, has anyone on the Spurs said anything about Derrick's possible extension so far?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many superstars have ever come to the Spurs via trades or drafts in the last twenty years? Put it another way, how many superstars would like to play in San Antonio, away from the spotlight of major cities and the lure of easy women and lifestyle unlimited. Even St. Duncan was tempted to go to Orlando --Orlando for Christ's Sake--until a sense of loyalty and a full court press got him to stay. I don't think he has any regrets now, but Superstars of a certain age don't have the wisdom of later years.

If we get a superstar via the draft someday, (a la Kwahi) we see the pattern of the superstar leaving a really nice team for greener pastures rather than be the franchise player we could have built around. That is the future of superstars in San Antonio unless we find a truly unusual guy like Duncan and Manu and Tony. All of the Big Three could have written their own ticket to other teams. They were that good individually, but we can thank our lucky stars that they believed their future was tied to each other and the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    bucks is a small market team? but doesnt the owner also owns like 2 other sports team in that state?...GA should just sign the supermax and call it a day, end of the day its about the money

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many superstars have ever come to the Spurs via trades or drafts in the last twenty years? Put it another way, how many superstars would like to play in San Antonio, away from the spotlight of major cities and the lure of easy women and lifestyle unlimited. Even St. Duncan was tempted to go to Orlando --Orlando for Christ's Sake--until a sense of loyalty and a full court press got him to stay. I don't think he has any regrets now, but Superstars of a certain age don't have the wisdom of later years.

If we get a superstar via the draft someday, (a la Kwahi) we see the pattern of the superstar leaving a really nice team for greener pastures rather than be the franchise player we could have built around. That is the future of superstars in San Antonio unless we find a truly unusual guy like Duncan and Manu and Tony. All of the Big Three could have written their own ticket to other teams. They were that good individually, but we can thank our lucky stars that they believed their future was tied to each other and the Spurs.
    You have to overcome trauma, not avoid it

If the Spurs always act with fear in the future because of the past, they're going to miss out on a lot of players

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When he lost to the Clippers in the first round?

And Doncic being white has a lot to do with all the hype & praise he's receiving, right now. He's basically a white version of James Harden, but people are acting like he's the next coming of Mike or LeBron. He does play a less selfish game than Harden so I'll give him that at least.

Anyway, has anyone on the Spurs said anything about Derrick's possible extension so far?
    I guess you didn’t watch the game’s cause he did not get shut down he put up some sick stats.

As far as White I think the Spurs are going to be cautious they going to have to have money to pay all these other youngsters Walker, Keldon, Luka, plus White has had feet issues I think every year he has played so I don’t think they in a rush. As far as White I like him he has a good at ude is a team player and I think once DEROZZ is gone he will be prime ball handler and will see improvements and I think he will sign a team friendly deal.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know about team friendly deal. When guys like Bertans and Joe Harris are signing $76m and $80m deals D-Dub is gonna get a Brink's truck.

Thread Information