Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think what Murray got is his floor. Something like 4 years, $68-80 million. That's a big range but it's still hard to determine whether he can replicate his bubble play over the course of a full season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White is in line for a $70 million 4 year extension, methinks, with a front-loaded salary.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    With all the deadline shuffling, when is the last day to extend him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure. But speaking of extensions, your account pics...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Dunc’d on podcast did a rookie extension pod and they talked about Derrick whites possible contract extension one guy said Derrick will ask for over 20 million a year and the other guy discussed basically an insultingly low deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Dunc’d on podcast did a rookie extension pod and they talked about Derrick whites possible contract extension one guy said Derrick will ask for over 20 million a year and the other guy discussed basically an insultingly low deal.
    He'll likely get 80/4, unless he wants to cut the Spurs a bit of flexibility the way Spurs of yore did, and maybe do a 70/4 deal. The loyalty thing used to work both ways, but that also tends to mean the Spurs give him a bit bigger third contract than PATFO would prefer to give him in 2025 or whenever.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White is relatively old for his first non-rookie contract. This will be his only chance to cash in during his absolute physical prime. I'd assume he's not really in position to give major discounts. He's gotta make his cash while he can.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    White is relatively old for his first non-rookie contract. This will be his only chance to cash in during his absolute physical prime. I'd assume he's not really in position to give major discounts. He's gotta make his cash while he can.
    Right. Unless he gets another 60/4 deal next when he should only be getting a 45 or 50/4 deal. Lots of unknowns but I'm sure he and his agent know how PATFO does business.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On what planet or league is Doncic a bigger/"brighter" star than Giannis?

Doesn't Giannis have his own signature shoe, major endorsement deals & he's one of the highest vote getters during all - star voting while playing in a small market?
    Doncic is the future of the league, much more than Giannis.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t envision DWhite doing this but they talked about how he could do a 3 year deal so that he’ll be 29 when the deal ends so he could get another decent pay day, but I think somewhere along the lines of 4 year/78-81 million will happen

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    21st December - day before the season starts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    21st December - day before the season starts.
    Thanks.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The unexpected part of the Conley trade was that Utah paid so much for him. Most had Conley as a clear negative due to his horrible contract.

I think Murray could be the centerpiece in a trade for a star. He's certainly not a good piece by my eye, but he has a good mid-sized contract for trading, which is important for in-season deals where neither team can afford to take back too many players to match salaries. Like Murray and Lyles for Gordon works without any other salary for example, and it's easier to take back than like White, Lyles and Mills. Sure they could do Gay instead, but that's an option the Spurs avoid with Murray.
    Not a chance. Unless Murray ups his 3-point volume considerably while at least coming close to maintaining his %, he'll be undesirable because he'll be an expensive, net negative offensively.

Gordon isn't a star and the Magic already have the same issue with Fultz (at least he's a play maker though) and just drafted Anthony.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a chance. Unless Murray ups his 3-point volume considerably while at least coming close to maintaining his %, he'll be undesirable because he'll be an expensive, net negative offensively.

Gordon isn't a star and the Magic already have the same issue with Fultz (at least he's a play maker though) and just drafted Anthony.
    Murray is not expensive. He’s a young, versatile two way player making $16M in a league where player annual salaries are edging up towards $50M, a figure that Harden apparently turned down for his extension.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Murray is not expensive. He’s a young, versatile two way player making $16M in a league where player annual salaries are edging up towards $50M, a figure that Harden apparently turned down for his extension.
    Relative to the caliber of player he is and the skillsets teams value, he is. That's a big number for a net negative offensively, with a torn ACL.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolute best case scenario for Spurs this year is Tre Jones winds up being as good as Murray, and the Spurs trade DeRozen & Murray for a true star.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Absolute best case scenario for Spurs this year is Tre Jones winds up being as good as Murray, and the Spurs trade DeRozen & Murray for a true star.
    It doesn't have to be Tre. Lonnie or Vassell can make Murray expendable. We have depth at the position he plays, even in front of Tre.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doncic is the future of the league, much more than Giannis.
    I totally disagree, but I know people wanting Doncic to be the "next great player" has more than a few factors involved.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I totally disagree, but I know people wanting Doncic to be the "next great player" has more than a few factors involved.
    Doncic will never be better than Giannis, it is simply impossible (except for some Giannis injury)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do people here not watch the NBA outside the Spurs? People are really not aware of the historical numbers Doncic has put up?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doncic has joined an elite list of NBA legends:

-Doncic and Wilt Chamberlain are the players ever with 43+ points, 17+ rebounds and 13+ assists in a game.

-Doncic and Michael Jordan are the only players to put up 40+ points and hit a game-winning buzzer-beater while trailing.

-Doncic and LeBron James are the one 21-year-olds to record 30 point triple-double in playoffs.

Doncic is currently is the only player with more than one triple-double in the NBA playoffs this year. In his second year, Doncic's magic is already becoming a superhuman phenomenon that is etching him into the history books.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si....ight-in-game-5

Not to mention, Giannis has been repeatedly exposed when it matters most whereas Luka barely has any weaknesses.

I've already debunked your statement that Giannis was more popular.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doncic has joined an elite list of NBA legends:

-Doncic and Wilt Chamberlain are the players ever with 43+ points, 17+ rebounds and 13+ assists in a game.

-Doncic and Michael Jordan are the only players to put up 40+ points and hit a game-winning buzzer-beater while trailing.

-Doncic and LeBron James are the one 21-year-olds to record 30 point triple-double in playoffs.

Doncic is currently is the only player with more than one triple-double in the NBA playoffs this year. In his second year, Doncic's magic is already becoming a superhuman phenomenon that is etching him into the history books.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.si....ight-in-game-5

Not to mention, Giannis has been repeatedly exposed when it matters most whereas Luka barely has any weaknesses.

I've already debunked your statement that Giannis was more popular.
    even if they don't mean anything in the same way, at least the discussions are with crude statistics and not with misleading advanced statistics, this is already an evolution

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doncic will never be better than Giannis, it is simply impossible (except for some Giannis injury)
    Doncic is already better than Giannis. Giannis can’t shoot for , specially if you need him to take the last shot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember I was pretty happy for the Suns when they drafted Ayton, and my younger brother told me they'd regret not picking Luka.

Cuban knew what he was doing on that one. I heard he was going to do whatever needed to be done to get Doncic on the roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doncic is already better than Giannis. Giannis can’t shoot for , specially if you need him to take the last shot.
    Doncic isn't half as good as Giannis on the defensive end, though.

Thread Information