Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I usually make Cowboys content on my channel, but I think it’s a joke how MSM talks about the Spurs offseason. You can tell they don’t watch our games. The team got better (addition by subtraction,) added to their young core, and will be a fringe playoff team headed into this season. Hopefully a few fans will non-Spurs fans will see this video or thread and remember once we’re a “better than expected” team this season.

I know I forgot to mention Keita Bates-Diop, I like his upside especially if there is an injury to Rudy Gay or Trey Lyles. Also failed to mention Quinn Weatherspoon as another guard defender, although I doubt he will be apart of the rotation this year. Wouldn’t shock me though, he can play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's how I've always pictured you tbh

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Solid points.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People were griping that we stayed pretty much the same, but this is where that corporate knowledge helps: in a truncated season where training camp is almost non existent, and the preseason is like a week long. The Spurs will know what they’re doing when other teams are running around like chickens with their heads cut off, and throwing passes all over the place.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People were griping that we stayed pretty much the same, but this is where that corporate knowledge helps: in a truncated season where training camp is almost non existent, and the preseason is like a week long. The Spurs will know what they’re doing when other teams are running around like chickens with their heads cut off, and throwing passes all over the place.
    Also a solid point.

A tangent: It seems the results of the Bubble affected the FO’s philosophy moving forward. So if Pop can stick to effective lineups, I think we have some chance for the playoffs. I think getting into the lottery is probably better, but the team is going to play to win.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's how I've always pictured you tbh
    haha for better or worse, I'll take it.

Thank you!

This is a very good point.

Also a solid point.

A tangent: It seems the results of the Bubble affected the FO’s philosophy moving forward. So if Pop can stick to effective lineups, I think we have some chance for the playoffs. I think getting into the lottery is probably better, but the team is going to play to win.
    Good thing is when you only have 1 of Mills/Forbes/Beli then there really aren't any true death lineups anymore are there? I mean I guess you can have like Mills/Walker/DeRozan/Gay or Lyles/Aldridge as a lineup and the defense still be bad but at least Walker is athletic I wouldn't be surprised if he becomes a plus defender this year and Aldridge can be good defensively as well. No more Mills/Forbes/DeRozan/Gay/Aldridge rotations

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Very true. The depth will also be useful when players are rested on the regular or miss weeks after getting covid. On top of that most of the bubble playoff teams will rest their stars a lot in the first couple of months.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also a solid point.

Needing a pandemic for logic to prevail. What took so ing long?

Anyway they were a 10th ranked offense but had a 24th ranked defense. The offense might go down a tick but there's going to be huge improvements on defense if Pop doesn't start mucking things up by getting cute. Seemingly the Spurs will have at least 3 above average defenders at all times on the floor.

But now that I think about it, the offense might get worse than "a tick" next year if the young guys don't become volume shooters from the outside.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Needing a pandemic for logic to prevail. What took so ing long?

Anyway they were a 10th ranked offense but had a 24th ranked defense. The offense might go down a tick but there's going to be huge improvements on defense if Pop doesn't start mucking things up by getting cute. Seemingly the Spurs will have at least 3 above average defenders at all times on the floor.

But now that I think about it, the offense might get worse than "a tick" next year if the young guys don't become volume shooters from the outside.
    I don't even know if it was logic, initially. I think they went into the Bubble to basically tank and were shocked when they realized that playing all the young players was actually a huge improvement over playing the veterans. To carry this logic further, during the regular season when they were playing to win, they actually were inadvertently tanking. I'm sort of joking. I think. But the trade rumors surrounding the veterans and the draft's prioritization of defensive players makes me think they are moving in a better direction that is consistent with the actual reality of where the team is and what the team needs. So maybe Brian Wright is actually a good influence?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any expectations for Samanic? Still a shot in the dark project I guess.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any expectations for Samanic? Still a shot in the dark project I guess.
    Well, he played one actual game, dropped 16 points, including 3 3 pointers, and grabbed 16 rebounds, so yeah, I’m expecting good things.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, he played one actual game, dropped 16 points, including 3 3 pointers, and grabbed 16 rebounds, so yeah, I’m expecting good things.
    Wait, what game did I miss? Pretty sure I've never seen Luka grab 16 boards in my life... Even during his G-L games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs have been written-out too many times. It's not new. They will surprise many critics. Addition by subtraction. Defense should be so much better as well as offense with young guys hustling for 2nd chances and trips to the free throws.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wait, what game did I miss? Pretty sure I've never seen Luka grab 16 boards in my life... Even during his G-L games
    I think that maybe a typo. Luka grabbed 6 boards in the Jazz (8/13/2020) game (if that's the game being referenced.). Luka had 16 points, 6 boards, 3 assists in 31 minutes of play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sorry, that was 6 rebounds.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think that maybe a typo. Luka grabbed 6 boards in the Jazz (8/13/2020) game (if that's the game being referenced.). Luka had 16 points, 6 boards, 3 assists in 31 minutes of play.
    Ah, that makes more sense, I see. Yeah, exciting stuff.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Excellent. Would be nice to see.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not MSM bruh

Its Las Vegas and Odds makers who are not in the business of getting "it wrong" because it looses them $$ +15000 or150-1. So Place your bets. .66% Porbability
    To win the Western Conference Spurs are +8000 or 80-1 1.23% Probability
    only WORSE teams in the West are Timberwolves, OKC(after blowing up the team) and Sacramento. Meaning Odds are better that the spurs finish WORSE than one of those teams than "making the playoffs"

I get it, your an eternal optimist. You have to be if,

A. You are Cowboy fan (a team that has been dog for decades)
    B. Your enough of a Cowboy fan to apparently run a you tube channel about
    It's both. You're right about Vegas, but I've seen a couple of lazy MSM takes (I'd post them if I could find them) about how we've gotten worse since we lost Forbes/Belinelli. Like the Spurs, you have Cowboys fans who are super optimistic, super pessimistic, and in between and I'd like to think I'm somewhere in between. They're a frustrating team to cheer for but they're the team I cheer for so it is what it is. I guess I was fortunate to also grow up a Spurs fan right? And to my point, I'm not saying we're a playoff team this year. That's a possibility but far from a guarantee. I just happen to think we will be improved from last season.

And to the poster that brought up Luka Samanic, I have low expectations for this season. Unless he becomes a knockdown shooter like Bertans, I don't see him getting minutes at PF with Gay/Lyles there (especially considering DDR's played a lot of PF and Aldridge can still play alongside Poeltl from time to time.) He could always jump ahead of Lyles in the rotation, but I'm not sure at what point he'll do that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need more spurs fans who are youtubers, so i appreciate the effort.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need more spurs fans who are youtubers, so i appreciate the effort.
    Thanks and I'm happy to post some on here sometimes, although I don't want people to feel like I'm just using this site to advertise either. At the end of the day I'm fairly new to YouTube but I've been apart of SpursTalk as a Spurs fan for 10+ years.

I've already subbed. Im not a hater.
    I appreciate that. And also trust me as die hard of a Cowboys fan as I am, it's refreshing sometimes not to feel the need to talk about the Cowboys. So I actually got some joy out of talking some Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not MSM bruh

Its Las Vegas and Odds makers who are not in the business of getting "it wrong" because it looses them $$ +15000 or150-1. So Place your bets. .66% Porbability
    To win the Western Conference Spurs are +8000 or 80-1 1.23% Probability
    only WORSE teams in the West are Timberwolves, OKC(after blowing up the team) and Sacramento. Meaning Odds are better that the spurs finish WORSE than one of those teams than "making the playoffs"

I get it, your an eternal optimist. You have to be if,

A. You are Cowboy fan (a team that has been dog for decades)
    B. Your enough of a Cowboy fan to apparently run a you tube channel about
    Vegas isn’t in the business of making predictions. Their ONLY interest is in seeing the money come down evenly on both sides of the bet, so that the losers pay the winners, and they skim their cut. Small market teams never draw bets on the level of their talent. Even when we were winning rings, you could make pretty good money betting on SA, because they needed to sweeten the odds a bit to attract bets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any topics ya'll would like to hear about specifically? If not I'll probably wait until we start playing again before I talk more Spurs. Idk if I'm going to get to watch preseason or not. I'm not local anymore but I do buy league pass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any topics ya'll would like to hear about specifically? If not I'll probably wait until we start playing again before I talk more Spurs. Idk if I'm going to get to watch preseason or not. I'm not local anymore but I do buy league pass.
    Try NBA Bite

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I usually make Cowboys content on my channel, but I think it’s a joke how MSM talks about the Spurs offseason. You can tell they don’t watch our games. The team got better (addition by subtraction,) added to their young core, and will be a fringe playoff team headed into this season. Hopefully a few fans will non-Spurs fans will see this video or thread and remember once we’re a “better than expected” team this season.

I know I forgot to mention Keita Bates-Diop, I like his upside especially if there is an injury to Rudy Gay or Trey Lyles. Also failed to mention Quinn Weatherspoon as another guard defender, although I doubt he will be apart of the rotation this year. Wouldn’t shock me though, he can play.

Respectively the MSM should have been tougher on the Spurs FO that did nothing of consequence despite two aging stars they need to move or at least try.

Thread Information