Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    plenty of great players wouldnt be challenged if they had a stacked and perfectly built team in a weak era

bc no finals team ever had even a sliver of a chance at beating them to begin with because the bulls as a team were simply way better than everyone. it wasnt like mike was just carrying a bunch of scrubs, or some talented but poorly built team to a bunch of rings. he had the best of both worlds, something only the lakers, spurs and warriors have had over the past 20 years, and they all won 3+ championships.

its easy to not have those moments when your being guarded by the likes of dan majerle, craig ehlo and john starks, and teams aren't allowed to provide help unless its a blatant double. lets see him do it while guys like kawhi, pg, or tony allen are draped on you, along with two other defenders shading in the lanes.
    Lebron played on the 2011 and 2014 Heatles teams. I'd say those teams were stacked pretty heavy. Refresh our memories on how that worked out for him. Does Jordan get smoked in 2014 with the same supporting cast? I kinda doubt that, Neo. And I am a Mav's fan and I am not so myopic to think for a single second that we beat the 90's Bulls with our le team.

And I think you and a few others on this forum are underrating the 96 Sonics. They won 64 games and had the 2nd best PT differential in the NBA. 2nd best FG% allowed and Prime GP.

Claiming that the 90's were a weaker era is a subjective argument. We can argue that this is actually a 'weaker' era because of the lack of physicality and 6'5 centers. It's a different brand of basketball. If you like a more fast paced game with everyone shooting 3's then this is for you.

I'll admit that the league expansion did dilute the talent some in the 90s. But overall you still have some solid teams at the top.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    Lebron played on the 2011 and 2014 Heatles teams. I'd say those teams were stacked pretty heavy. Refresh our memories on how that worked out for him. Does Jordan get smoked in 2014 with the same supporting cast? I kinda doubt that, Neo. And I am a Mav's fan and I am not so myopic to think for a single second that we beat the 90's Bulls with our le team.

And I think you and a few others on this forum are underrating the 96 Sonics. They won 64 games and had the 2nd best PT differential in the NBA. 2nd best FG% allowed and Prime GP.

Claiming that the 90's were a weaker era is a subjective argument. We can argue that this is actually a 'weaker' era because of the lack of physicality and 6'5 centers. It's a different brand of basketball. If you like a more fast paced game with everyone shooting 3's then this is for you.

I'll admit that the league expansion did dilute the talent some in the 90s. But overall you still have some solid teams at the top.
    this post is full of wrong on so many levels

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Jordan easily gets smoked with the same supported cast
    lol thinking the 90s were more physical what a ing myth

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who cares what obama has to say... oh wow he can shoot a 3 pointer in an empty gym. wgaf!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    who cares what obama has to say... oh wow he can shoot a 3 pointer in an empty gym. wgaf!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    plenty of great players wouldnt be challenged if they had a stacked and perfectly built team in a weak era

bc no finals team ever had even a sliver of a chance at beating them to begin with because the bulls as a team were simply way better than everyone. it wasnt like mike was just carrying a bunch of scrubs, or some talented but poorly built team to a bunch of rings. he had the best of both worlds, something only the lakers, spurs and warriors have had over the past 20 years, and they all won 3+ championships.

its easy to not have those moments when your being guarded by the likes of dan majerle, craig ehlo and john starks, and teams aren't allowed to provide help unless its a blatant double. lets see him do it while guys like kawhi, pg, or tony allen are draped on you, along with two other defenders shading in the lanes.
    Exactly

Thread Information