My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Don't show KobesAchilles these tweets

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

In Pop's own words.

He says they're committed to making the playoffs.
    Committed to making the playoffs but added nothing but 2 rookies?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Whites foot/toe is a long term concern to Sa and if it might lead to a value extension?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Don't show KobesAchilles these tweets
    Prayingdog.gif tbh

But let's be honest, Demar ain't gonna be shooting any 3s

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It looks like Pop is going to demand more accountability and push from his veterans to play in a modern style of play than before, this season. That is indeed good to know. DDR, for example, was quite good last season as a facilitator and clutch/efficient scorer. More than his 3 pt shooting (which he should utilise when open), it is his effort on defense & understanding defensive concepts that was disappointing last season. There was some improvement in the Bubble when he played PF, but he can still guard longer SFs in isolation if he puts in the effort and if Pop demands that of him. Rudy Gay has been a model veteran in all his years in SA so far and I think he just needs to keep being efficient. Aldridge is now old and has lost his lateral speed and so if he can take a back-seat and play fewer but more effective minutes, he would be of great use to the Spurs, still.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    there sure was a lot of money being put into Patty's bank account.... What a rich quote coming from him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR shying away from 3s doesn't hurt the team if he continues the role he had during the bubble, which was to facilitate more often and not look for his own shot as often. It made a big difference. He let others shine and handle the ball more.

Rudy is the only one I agree with.

But that's only one player-- not enough to hurt the team's new goals.
    How many shots per game do you think Lonnie is going to get? Where would you have him ranked on the team in this regard? Top of my head is DJ, DDR, LMA, Patty, Derrick and Rudy will all have more shot attempts along with KJ as a possibility.

I'm not a point per game kinda guy, but I do focus on shots per game and time of possession. I think Lonnie is going to be the odd man out of the starters. I don't count Lyles bc Lyles

Things I am excited for. A hungry Pop. It's been far too damn long. No Bryn Forbes!!!! Derrick and DJ playing together finally. Vassell and of course my second favorite Spur (behind White) in KJ.

Things I am on the lookout for this season: Less dribble dribble from our guards... but speaking of dribble dribble, can DJ actually dribble the ing ball in traffic and break down opposing defenses? DJ to shoot a least 3 times as many 3s as he did last year. Will White to continue jacking up 5 triples a game (like he did in the bubble) as well? A consistently assertive Derrick White, that would be nice to see. Pop drawing up a play for Lonnie. Just one please. Vassell/KJ becoming a starter. I hope it happens. And of course any trades of our vets if hits the fan

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wonder if Whites foot/toe is a long term concern to Sa and if it might lead to a value extension?
    If it's that much of a concern, would the Spurs even want to extend him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dejounte tore his ACL and the spurs extended him, but people are worried about DWhites toe lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How many shots per game do you think Lonnie is going to get? Where would you have him ranked on the team in this regard? Top of my head is DJ, DDR, LMA, Patty, Derrick and Rudy will all have more shot attempts along with KJ as a possibility.

I'm not a point per game kinda guy, but I do focus on shots per game and time of possession. I think Lonnie is going to be the odd man out of the starters. I don't count Lyles bc Lyles

Things I am excited for. A hungry Pop. It's been far too damn long. No Bryn Forbes!!!! Derrick and DJ playing together finally. Vassell and of course my second favorite Spur (behind White) in KJ.

Things I am on the lookout for this season: Less dribble dribble from our guards... but speaking of dribble dribble, can DJ actually dribble the ing ball in traffic and break down opposing defenses? DJ to shoot a least 3 times as many 3s as he did last year. Will White to continue jacking up 5 triples a game (like he did in the bubble) as well? A consistently assertive Derrick White, that would be nice to see. Pop drawing up a play for Lonnie. Just one please. Vassell/KJ becoming a starter. I hope it happens. And of course any trades of our vets if hits the fan
    I'm interested, did you keep track of Lonnie's shots per game and possession time for last season? It'd be interesting to know, so I can actively watch whether it changes this season, and by how much (I guess there should be a page somewhere with these stats, but idk it). Off the top of my head though, and under the assumption that Pop carries on the Bubble Offense and builds up on it, I can't see Patty, Rudy, nor LMA taking more shots than Lonnie. The first two due to playing time/vet status, and LaMarcus since I'd think Pop will want him camping out more at the 3pt line, where his spacing doesn't require him constantly having to get "mah touches" and shots up to be effective, like his post offense does. He can just stand there, drag out the opposing big man into the perimeter, and be a plus just with that. But we'll see...

Agreed on the rest of your lookout. It's going to be a pretty interesting season for more involved followers of the team, I'm excited.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Change is here and it's here to stay.
    I believe... I believe..

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm interested, did you keep track of Lonnie's shots per game and possession time for last season? It'd be interesting to know, so I can actively watch whether it changes this season, and by how much (I guess there should be a page somewhere with these stats, but idk it). Off the top of my head though, and under the assumption that Pop carries on the Bubble Offense and builds up on it, I can't see Patty, Rudy, nor LMA taking more shots than Lonnie. The first two due to playing time/vet status, and LaMarcus since I'd think Pop will want him camping out more at the 3pt line, where his spacing doesn't require him constantly having to get "mah touches" and shots up to be effective, like his post offense does. He can just stand there, drag out the opposing big man into the perimeter, and be a plus just with that. But we'll see...

Agreed on the rest of your lookout. It's going to be a pretty interesting season for more involved followers of the team, I'm excited.
    I did to start the year (and by start I mean the Rockets game and after since he was benched behind Marco prior to that) and then got pretty freaking frustrated with the vets selfishness, so I stopped watching the team all together for a good while. I picked it up again with the bubble. With the time of possession, I'm sure there is a stat out there for it, but I just kinda eyeball it. He got the ball A LOT more in the bubble and shot A LOT more so I can't complain about that, but I felt like the play calling for him was still pretty bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good way to extend your career too if you're not banging down low.

Still Sporting Ben Davis Allan Rowe vs Wade's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sounds like a non-issue to me. Protecting his Big 3 from meaningless practices to start the season. Just what anyone coaching a group of superstars would be doing.

Nothing to see here. Move along......
    a voice of reason in the otherwise turbulent seas of ST.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Opposite. Multiple ball handlers needed for bubble offense , DJ has also the highest potential to push the pace because of his rebounding. This is referring to LA, DDR and Gay Pop would cut down on post-ups and iso possesions.
    If we need to push the pace, we need him to leak and get the outlet pass from the bigs and not doing rebounding.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we need to push the pace, we need him to leak and get the outlet pass from the bigs and not doing rebounding.
    No outlet passing big on the team second best is a grab and go guard.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drew, come on, try a little harder...

That ain't Blazers colors dude.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No outlet passing big on the team second best is a grab and go guard.
    Yeah, Timmy has spoilt us for so long. However DJM's handling and vision needs to improve to push the pace, last season his fast break the best we can describe is mixed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Drew, come on, try a little harder...

That ain't Blazers colors dude.
    No doubt. At least Photoshop a "P" over the "J". Come on!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Foot. Keldon is the one with the toe.
    D White seems to have recurrent foot issues... fasciitis. Is it always same side?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Committed to making the playoffs but added nothing but 2 rookies?
    "you can take 15 guys off the street and I can coach them to the playoffs"

Thread Information