My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    News 4 San Antonio @News4SA

G Khyri Thomas signs Exhibit 10 deal with Spurs news4sanantonio.com/sports/spurs-z… #GoSpursGo

9:45am · 14 Dec 2020 · Twibble.io

JeffGSpursZone
    JeffGSpursZone
    22h
    Did confirm the Spurs signed G Khyri Thomas to an Ex 10 deal this past Friday. As part of Ex 10 deals, they did waive him and he will play with Austin should there be a G League season. He last played with Pistons. #gospursgo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The team could easily find itself short on wings within the next year. Thomas was a decent prospect, though I was never a huge fan. In a normal year, it would've been interesting to see the full TC roster in some games. This year, they have many kinks to work out and too few games to do it as it is.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why though? Unless he really plays out of his mind he's not reaching the main roster.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So with him being signed and waived, I assume the Spurs are going to send players to play in the G-League bubble?

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, with these recent type of signings I wonder if they are doing their “due diligence” or if the G League is getting the green light.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So with him being signed and waived, I assume the Spurs are going to send players to play in the G-League bubble?

Yep. Teams have been doing that. Li angelo ball got waived but is likely going to be sent 5o the g league

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why though? Unless he really plays out of his mind he's not reaching the main roster.
    I guess it's a way of filling out a G-League roster. The intention is not bring him up per se but to give the guys that are being evaluated to make the big team some teammates to play with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People always kvetch about exhibit 10 signings. Austin needs players, too. He obviously wasn’t getting picked up by any NBA clubs for their 15 man roster. Austin is one of the best run and marketed gleague teams. He WILL get playing time and visibility there. Next season, he’ll have a decent shot at an NBA roster spot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good pick up I think. I think he's an NBA player that just needs to get healthy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop has always called the Spurs org. a "program". It's basketball college. This guy wanted to go to Spurs University.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pop has always called the Spurs org. a "program". It's basketball college. This guy wanted to go to Spurs University.
    That was definitely the case with that center who did the same thing last week. He went to Oregon State, and talked to Eubanks about his experiences w/ the Spurs, and felt comfortable signing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Louis King just got waived by pistons he be another interesting G League signing?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Ball kid got waived-what about him?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Louis King just got waived by pistons he be another interesting G League signing?
    I'm too lazy to look and see who but King had some advocates on this board that wanted to draft him I recall.
    Last edited by Ocotillo; 12-14-2020 at 04:14 PM. Reason: add a couple of words

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    King is a Forward who played for Oregon and was a one and done player - He was top 25 High school recruit all McDonalds so he was on ever ones radar. During his one year of play he shot 79% from free throws and 39% from three land definitely is talented on offense and has the athletic ability to be a good defender.

So what happened I think he is a taller version of Walker he tore he meniscus his Senior year in high school and well has not developed the way he should. Like Lonnie lots of talent but had not been able to apply that talent to the basketball court but I did really like him cause he can shoot the 3 ball is 6'9 forward and has the athletic ability to take it to the rim. I think he averaged 15pt and 6 rebounds a game during his Freshmen season with the Ducks.

But they are signs he went to 3 different Heigh Schools so not sure why? Was he looking at getting better coaching playing time or was he having to find a school after coach said enough is enough?
    Last edited by BackHome; 12-14-2020 at 07:55 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That Ball kid got waived-what about him?
    I’m not sure, but I think the players we’ve signed to ex 10 contracts have been unsigned expired contract FAs. KBD, and Cade both were, and that C from Oregon state was undrafted. Players cut now will go to their club’s gleague teams.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just kidding about Ball

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The good thing about Thomas is that He is a really good defender.
    6'3 with a 6'10 wingspan.

Thread Information