My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Barr taps Durham as special counsel, pushing probe into Biden era
    The attorney general revealed his latest move to dig into the origins of the Trump-Russia investigation.

Attorney General William Barr has appointed U.S. attorney John Durham as a special counsel to investigate the origins of the FBI’s probe of Russian interference in the 2016 election.

The appointment formalizes Durham’s ongoing probe, but more significantly, would give Durham la ude to continue the politically explosive investigation after President-elect Joe Biden takes office in January.

Barr elevated Durham to special-counsel status on Oct. 19 but disclosed the move in a letter Tuesday to the House and Senate Judiciary Committees.

The Biden transition team did not immediately respond to a request for comment. Democrats have long viewed Durham’s efforts as political payback by President Donald Trump and his allies, seeking to deflect from evidence that the Trump campaign capitalized on the Kremlin’s efforts.

Since May 2019, Durham has been reviewing the FBI’s decision to launch the investigation of President Donald Trump’s campaign and its connections with Russia, a sprawling probe that became known as Crossfire Hurricane and which was later taken over by Special Counsel Robert Mueller.

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/1...-russia-441872

---

While I don't particularly have a problem with Durham investigating whatever he needs to investigate, I'm not sure this hiring is legal?

28 CFR 600.3 determines the qualifications of the Special Counsel and specifically mentions: The Special Counsel shall be selected from outside the United States Government.

IIRC, Durham is a United States Attorney for the District of Connecticut, which makes him part of the US government. I can't think Barr isn't aware of this, but I wonder what's the endgame?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    deja vu?

Trump-Russia probe:

Barr assigns prosecutor to review inquiry

14 May 2019

John Durham, the US attorney in Connecticut ...

"I didn't ask him to do that...

But I think it's a great thing that he did," Mr Trump said.

"I am so proud of our attorney general." our? Barr is exclusively YOUR personal ball washer

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-48263249

Is this how Barr appeases Trash after calling Trash, Julie Annie, Repugs all liars on election fraud?

Durham was apparently dropping an October Surprise bomb, but nothing.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 12-02-2020 at 06:09 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    " Attorney General William Barr has

given extra protection to the prosecutor

he appointed to investigate the origins of the Trump-Russia probe,

giving him the authority of a special counsel to complete his work without being easily fired.
    "

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/barr-...wsltushpmgnews

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

While I don't particularly have a problem with Durham investigating whatever he needs to investigate, I'm not sure this hiring is legal?

28 CFR 600.3 determines the qualifications of the Special Counsel and specifically mentions: The Special Counsel shall be selected from outside the United States Government.

IIRC, Durham is a United States Attorney for the District of Connecticut, which makes him part of the US government. I can't think Barr isn't aware of this, but I wonder what's the endgame?
    Might have bought some time for Barr after the first Durham investigation failed to lay allegations against the president's declared enemies. It's also a do over for sore losers like TSA.

(Come to think, demanding a do-over has been the characteristic response of MAGAlandia to adverse outcomes the whole way.)

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BOOOOOOMMMMMMMM!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OTOH

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump's special counsel investigating the Mueller probe only found one loose allegation

Mueller probed whether Trump colluded with Russia and it resulted in 34 indictments and cited at least ten incidents in which Trump potentially obstructed justice.

the only thing he could find is su ion no evidence, no proof

that a lawyer lied to the FBI.

Lawyer Michael Sussmann served as the Democratic National Committee's cybersecurity lawyer for the Russia investigation and

Durham has accused him of making false statements.

He will reportedly recommend to the Justice Department that Sussmann be indicted by a grand jury.

https://www.rawstory.com/durham-inve...p-russia-probe

===================

Special Counsel Spends $1.5 Million in Probe of Russia Inquiry

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...russia-inquiry

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    BOOM!!!

Dumb TSA

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're still around? Damn, I was hoping to celebrate your passing from the China Virus already like yall've done in that other thread for the unvaxxed. Bummer...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're still around? Damn, I was hoping to celebrate your passing from the China Virus already like yall've done in that other thread for the unvaxxed. Bummer...

you got issues

i got tissues!

keep whining and crying you little snowflake

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    you got issues

i got tissues!

keep whining and crying you little snowflake
    I'm just waiting to read an article of your passing bro so I and others can celebrate your death just like you're doing in that other thread. What's wrong with doing that?

You finally waking up to the realization that you're exactly the monster you're trying to make others out to be? You're a dumb SH and you will always be a dumb .

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm just waiting to read an article of your passing bro so I and others can celebrate your death just like you're doing in that other thread. What's wrong with doing that?

You finally waking up to the realization that you're exactly the monster you're trying to make others out to be? You're a dumb SH and you will always be a dumb .

wishing death on others again…

pretty much all that needs to be said about you- and pretty much reveals what you are all about

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wishing death on others again…

pretty much all that needs to be said about you- and pretty much reveals what you are all about
    Twist it all you'd like SH but you can't squirm away from your excitement over the deaths of the unvaxxed in that other thread. Go yourself btw and cry some more you big pussy!

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Twist it all you'd like SH but you can't squirm away from your excitement over the deaths of the unvaxxed in that other thread. Go yourself btw and cry some more you big pussy!

people who are ending up dead and are part of a disinformation campaign that resulted in many other people dying

do not get my tears- and there is zero wrong in that
    because i prefer people to live

and their deaths

HELP others live since their disinformation dies with them

however that is way different than just wishing death on other posters simply because they are not in the trump cult

but you do YOU

Thread Information