Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I believe and hope that the young guys can improve enough to get this

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see it, but we might be the surprise of the season. The coaching will be much better, the defense will be much better, the style of play will be much better and the young guys should all take a significant step. I'd say 6th seed is the ceiling, but probably 7th or 8th if we make the playoffs.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully ahead of T'Wolves, Thunder, Kings. Anything beyond that seems unlikely. Maybe ahead of Memphis but that's a stretch.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Hopefully ahead of T'Wolves, Thunder, Kings. Anything beyond that seems unlikely. Maybe ahead of Memphis but that's a stretch.
    Houston is going to suck this year. Harden is unhappy, and doesn’t want to be there.

Why is Memphis an unlikely target? They finished out of the playoffs last year, bombed in the bubble, and surrendered their first rounder to Boston.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't see it, but we might be the surprise of the season. The coaching will be much better, the defense will be much better, the style of play will be much better and the young guys should all take a significant step. I'd say 6th seed is the ceiling, but probably 7th or 8th if we make the playoffs.
    I agree. I would add that even if they finish 9 or 10 but are finally more exiting to watch, then I’ll take it.

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    top 4 from behind baby

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'll take a crack at it: in the NBA, the top four seed teams are: 1. LAL 2. MIL 3. MIA 4. LAC. The top four teams in the EAST are: 1. MIL 2. MIA 3.BOS 4. PHI (BKN? I see a whole lot of drama there.). The top four teams in the WEST are: 1. LAL 2. LAC 3. DEN 4. DAL. The forth seed out WEST was a toss up for me between DAL & UTA, but I believe that DAL may have a slight edge this year. We'll see, especially how COVID, along with other injuries, could play into each teams' progression this NBA season, which could change the outcomes from what is viewed "on paper," as what the projected expectations will be.
    1. LAL 2. LAC 3. DEN 4. DAL. --I agree with that, then you have GSW, HOU, UTA, POR who I believe right now should be favored over the Spurs. And then you have the Spurs, PHO, NOP, and MEM who have a shot at kicking one of these teams out, if HOU self-destructs and/or players miss games due to injuries or covid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KJ3 is the real deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think there's been a loss every time this thread gets bumped.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The best thing about how we’ve started the season is we’re doing it all without Derrick White. Can you imagine how good we can be when he gets back? If the team gets fully healthy and peaks at the right time, it has a legitimate chance of snagging a top 4 seed in the West.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    way too early in the season to be optimistic. Just be happy the team is showing something. I doubt we're a top 4 seed, but maybe a 6-8 seed

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs are Lazarus. I was eyeing a top five draft pick a few weeks ago and now they're sitting on the tenth best record in the entire league.

Thread Information