Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah at Arizona all the textbooks I had to buy could be bought used for a decent price. Sometimes there’s be a new edition and we’d get ed since there weren’t any used copies for sale but it was manageable.

The new way students get screwed is when classes require you to buy some kind of online that’s usually owned by Pearson. The idea that privatizing education with companies like Pearson has made things cheaper is absurd.
    , sometimes I found the text book at the school library just checked it out

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two different things
    And thats why the current system is flawed. It puts money before actual talent.

That's why white people are so protective of the sham.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's good for you. Glad you didn't have to pay the exorbitant prices. The people I mentioned didn't pay what you're claiming. You're probably old.
    I like Chucho's anecdotes.

"In 2014, Time magazine ranked ITT Technical Ins ute No. 2 on its list of "The 5 Colleges That Leave the Most Students Crippled By Debt".[36]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITT_Technical_Ins ute

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And thats why the current system is flawed. It puts money before actual talent.

That's why white people are so protective of the sham.
    No, being two different things isn't the reason it's flawed.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah at Arizona all the textbooks I had to buy could be bought used for a decent price. Sometimes there’s be a new edition and we’d get ed since there weren’t any used copies for sale but it was manageable.

The new way students get screwed is when classes require you to buy some kind of online that’s usually owned by Pearson. The idea that privatizing education with companies like Pearson has made things cheaper is absurd.
    I was fortunate at UCLA a lot of my professors would use $10 textbooks and when they didn't I'd get my friends to buy the foreign printings when they went home for holiday breaks. Got a lot of Iranian and Chinese printings of CS books for instance. The online subscription is a response to the cheap Indian editions of textbooks you can buy on ebay nowadays. Never had time to take all the physics courses I wanted to in college so I bought a load of those India Edition paperbacks for $15 each for books that cost $100+ in the US.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Chucho's anecdotes.

"In 2014, Time magazine ranked ITT Technical Ins ute No. 2 on its list of "The 5 Colleges That Leave the Most Students Crippled By Debt".[36]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITT_Technical_Ins ute

OK, it's just easier to be direct. Show some balls and call me a liar directly. It won't hurt me and I won't insult you.

You think what you think and I know what I know.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We've already been down this road. You couldn't Google rot gut liqour or California laws regarding spreading AIDS properly and you still tried your smug schtick.

Back on ignore you go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OK, it's just easier to be direct. Show some balls and call me a liar directly. It won't hurt me and I won't insult you.

You think what you think and I know what I know.
    Lol I don't think you're a flat liar as much as I think you're just ignorant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We've already been down this road. You couldn't Google rot gut liqour or California laws regarding spreading AIDS properly and you still tried your smug schtick.

Back on ignore you go.
    Lolwut? I have no idea wtf you're babbling about

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This message is hidden because Blake is on your ignore list.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I am supposed to believe more students equals more STEM courses?

We all know this will result in the already under qualified Liberal Arts departments ballooning in size. Furthermore imagine what it will do to the worth of that paper degree when even more have one.

Win-Win situation for Democrats as they program more foot soldiers
    All or nothing is easier to grasp than proportional growth for you it seems.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The point of that chart is pretty spot on and should be passed out as a flyer to all high school seniors

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She is smart
    If it would be free people would not study and learn
    She has more smarts then 95 percent in this place
    Current public education disproves this entirely in the US. Nevermind the rest of the world. If it is not compulsory then I see no mechanic that leads to what you claim moreso than the status quo of public education.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes the meme about every college student being out of work is prevalent, but the facts simply dont back it up, on average. higher median income, lower unemployment rates. that said, i'd agree that people going to college need a plan... get the right degree and one that you can actually put to work. i know ben shapiro has his meme of everybody in college majoring in "lesbian dance theory" but the reality is most people in college end up increasing their prospects

https://www.northeastern.edu/bachelo...ucation-level/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yes the meme about every college student being out of work is prevalent, but the facts simply dont back it up, on average. higher median income, lower unemployment rates. that said, i'd agree that people going to college need a plan... get the right degree and one that you can actually put to work. i know ben shapiro has his meme of everybody in college majoring in "lesbian dance theory" but the reality is most people in college end up increasing their prospects

Yeah getting the "right" degree is the key.

Kids thinking they need to just get "a" degree from a good school are the ones that get ed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dunno about that. Buddies who graduated within the last decade who paid about $30k for their degree. Dunno about the other two because I didn't ask, but I know for a fact homie is making high six figures and is honestly leading the life most of the lifers here profess to lead.
    Bullsh*t. ITT Tech closed down so there is no current tuition rates but for the last year in existence (2016), the tuition alone was $18,048 per year per this: https://www.univstats.com/colleges/i...of-attendance/

So with books and fees, you're looking at around $85-90K for a four year degree.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    College shouldn't be free but maybe give the schools more funding or find out why the their tuition has skyrocketed. The money they spend on schools could probably be spent elsewhere if they just spend some to keep costs down instead of all of it to make it free.

A neverending cycle Trainwreck2100's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Fixing to join that 2% in about a week

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    College shouldn't be free but maybe give the schools more funding or find out why the their tuition has skyrocketed. The money they spend on schools could probably be spent elsewhere if they just spend some to keep costs down instead of all of it to make it free.
    Maybe the schools do not need to be fancy either
    It should not cost 100k for 4 years
    The average couple would be in debt 500k once they got out bought cars and a house
    At 4 percent interest thirty year 3k a month to pay the loan

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's all the fat in administrative positions, mostly boomers that won't retire. The average age of a college president is 63, many of them over over 70.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Queen AOC destroys her

adults should be treated as so. you sign off for debt you reap what you sow. these aren't kids signing off on loans to go to school so we need to start recognizing the situation for what it is; adults who aren't willing to take accountability for their own actions thus they deserve the debt they're in.

aoc is a clown trying to make us all live in her circus.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Fixing to join that 2% in about a week
    Sorry to hear

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    adults should be treated as so. you sign off for debt you reap what you sow. these aren't kids signing off on loans to go to school so we need to start recognizing the situation for what it is; adults who aren't willing to take accountability for their own actions thus they deserve the debt they're in.

aoc is a clown trying to make us all live in her circus.
    Stfu, druggy

Thread Information