My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Queen AOC destroys her

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As she dodges taxes on her yacht.

No one gets more handouts than the rich.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As she dodges taxes on her yacht.

No one gets more handouts than the rich.
    bruh its crazy how en led these people are. I can't wait for her to get the boot.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Ditzy Devos' so-called brain has been pickled by her inherited wealth.

incredibly stupid, ignorant, aka, typical right wing nut job + Christian Supremacist

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At least she'll get the boot here shortly

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's so much information available for free that for many occupations, you can learn 80% just by Googling. At some point, there just needs to be a proficiency test for several jobs without the bull of needing a four year degree.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    I am supposed to believe more students equals more STEM courses?

We all know this will result in the already under qualified Liberal Arts departments ballooning in size. Furthermore imagine what it will do to the worth of that paper degree when even more have one.

Win-Win situation for Democrats as they program more foot soldiers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shes one dumb mother er

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She is smart
    If it would be free people would not study and learn
    She has more smarts then 95 percent in this place

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's so much information available for free that for many occupations, you can learn 80% just by Googling. At some point, there just needs to be a proficiency test for several jobs without the bull of needing a four year degree.
    Then why should this be free
    Teachers want money !
    Because clothes cost money

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Devos is an idiot. She hates public education because she cashes in on for profit schools that typically offer the worst education especially the "colleges" -- not to mention the worst value for money.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then why should this be free
    Teachers want money !
    Because clothes cost money
    Don't get me wrong...there's a definite benefit to being able to have some time with a professor. But imo, these are getting fewer and farther between. And some jobs obviously need hands on experience and labs. But most of them don't need so much where you need to pay what the university is charging. Not to mention the cost of living associated with going away to college.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She is smart
    You know free college doesn't mean automatic degree, right? Students will still have to maintain a passing GPA.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She is smart
    You think you're smart tho

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    She is smart
    I am surprised you would say this about AOC.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Devos is an idiot. She hates public education because she cashes in on for profit schools that typically offer the worst education especially the "colleges" -- not to mention the worst value for money.
    #leechclass

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL, worrying about free college when public education is a ing farce.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The biggest tech company in the world is actively invalidating the American college ins ution. They will educate you to their standards in a fraction of the time for a fraction of the price and will give you employment with a pay scale college graduates would be licking their chops at from first interviews out of college.

If you think you're above going to a trade school for the same degree, you're stupid. I know 3 ITT tech graduates making 6 figures, one making nearly seven figures and living in Abu Dhabi living the pimp life.

Murican College is a sham, it's dying because honest for-profit schools will get you that piece of paper for a fraction of the time and price of traditional colleges.

The times are killing businesses and job opportunities for professionals not in the medical, science, legal, tech or finance sectors. No need to accrue near 7-figure debt to become a $35k/year teacher where you will need 10 years of tenure to not be paid poverty wages.

Murica is boiling off the the useless/inessential "professions" that were already in ultra-minute-demand.

High schools need to be producing young adults with the proper tools that will help them accelerate in the real world and they haven't been doing that in over 20 years.

A revamped Home Economics needs to be mandatory and overhauled from a domestic wife prep class to a class that teaches these stains about basic, real world issues- budgeting, taxes, the economics of having a child. Parents passed the buck of child-rearing and responsibility a LONG time ago, so it's fair to expect that from our tax dollars since we have unrealistic expectations in other avenues where our tax dollars are spent. Just seems this would be the best investment of our tax dollars, while killing unnecessary debt.

Only clowns who were shamed into paying more than their worth would be opposed to something this simple and logical.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL, worrying about free college when public education is a ing farce.
    Two different things

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The biggest tech company in the world is actively invalidating the American college ins ution. They will educate you to their standards in a fraction of the time for a fraction of the price and will give you employment with a pay scale college graduates would be licking their chops at from first interviews out of college.

If you think you're above going to a trade school for the same degree, you're stupid. I know 3 ITT tech graduates making 6 figures, one making nearly seven figures and living in Abu Dhabi living the pimp life.

Murican College is a sham, it's dying because honest for-profit schools will get you that piece of paper for a fraction of the time and price of traditional colleges.

The times are killing businesses and job opportunities for professionals not in the medical, science, legal, tech or finance sectors. No need to accrue near 7-figure debt to become a $35k/year teacher where you will need 10 years of tenure to not be paid poverty wages.

Murica is boiling off the the useless/inessential "professions" that were already in ultra-minute-demand.

High schools need to be producing young adults with the proper tools that will help them accelerate in the real world and they haven't been doing that in over 20 years.

A revamped Home Economics needs to be mandatory and overhauled from a domestic wife prep class to a class that teaches these stains about basic, real world issues- budgeting, taxes, the economics of having a child. Parents passed the buck of child-rearing and responsibility a LONG time ago, so it's fair to expect that from our tax dollars since we have unrealistic expectations in other avenues where our tax dollars are spent. Just seems this would be the best investment of our tax dollars, while killing unnecessary debt.

Only clowns who were shamed into paying more than their worth would be opposed to something this simple and logical.
    Huh? ITT Tech is a lot more expensive than going to say University of Texas.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count

the state university education I got costs a fraction of what an ITT Tech degree costs, and that was despite tuition prices being jacked up while I was in school.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the state university education I got costs a fraction of what an ITT Tech degree costs, and that was despite tuition prices being jacked up while I was in school.
    I heard they're horrible on textbooks too. Like you pay top dollar for books that can only be bought through them and used at their schools, and they're even worse than the crap you have to buy at universities. If you know anyone in school right now, you should point them to a thing called Library Genesis where you can download tons of textbooks for free. In math and physics for example, they seem to have almost everything except newest editions of some freshman level books. Since I have been studying Japanese lately I have been able to find most of the standard textbooks for it there too.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    I heard they're horrible on textbooks too. Like you pay top dollar for books that can only be bought through them and used at their schools, and they're even worse than the crap you have to buy at universities. If you know anyone in school right now, you should point them to a thing called Library Genesis where you can download tons of textbooks for free. In math and physics for example, they seem to have almost everything except newest editions of some freshman level books. Since I have been studying Japanese lately I have been able to find most of the standard textbooks for it there too.
    Yeah at Arizona all the textbooks I had to buy could be bought used for a decent price. Sometimes there’s be a new edition and we’d get ed since there weren’t any used copies for sale but it was manageable.

The new way students get screwed is when classes require you to buy some kind of online that’s usually owned by Pearson. The idea that privatizing education with companies like Pearson has made things cheaper is absurd.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Huh? ITT Tech is a lot more expensive than going to say University of Texas.

Dunno about that. Buddies who graduated within the last decade who paid about $30k for their degree. Dunno about the other two because I didn't ask, but I know for a fact homie is making high six figures and is honestly leading the life most of the lifers here profess to lead.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

That's good for you. Glad you didn't have to pay the exorbitant prices. The people I mentioned didn't pay what you're claiming. You're probably old.

Thread Information