Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steve Kerr was the original Forbes.
    No way, Steve was super clutch in game 6 (I think?) & that puts him way above that group.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So, probably not linked to DeMar. If it was indeed tears, maybe it was just something personal.
    Who gives a ! Are you the man's therapist?

I know it has become the cool, new thing to designate DeJounte as the Forbes replacement as ST "whipping boy." Yet, this is getting old quick.

Y'all are constantly ing & moaning about a kid that is essentially a 3rd - year NBA rotation player (barely played his 1st year & ACL tear in 3rd), was selected 2nd to last in the first-round (look at the last 10 picks to see how little recent value that pick has) & has shown growth (believe it or not) as a playmaker & shooter.

Maybe the coach & FO need to realize his best future won't come from him being the primary playmaker or the starting PG. He needs to focus on the things he does well like defending, rebounding & playing off his teammates on offense. He needs to play more of a Bruce Bowen role on offense & not be a very poor man's Tony or Manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who gives a ! Are you the man's therapist?

I know it has become the cool, new thing to designate DeJounte as the Forbes replacement as ST "whipping boy." Yet, this is getting old quick.

Y'all are constantly ing & moaning about a kid that is essentially a 3rd - year NBA rotation player (barely played his 1st year & ACL tear in 3rd), was selected 2nd to last in the first-round (look at the last 10 picks to see how little recent value that pick has) & has shown growth (believe it or not) as a playmaker & shooter.

Maybe the coach & FO need to realize his best future won't come from him being the primary playmaker or the starting PG. He needs to focus on the things he does well like defending, rebounding & playing off his teammates on offense. He needs to play more of a Bruce Bowen role on offense & not be a very poor man's Tony or Manu.

So weird being on this side of the aisle...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So weird being on this side of the aisle...
    My bad, bro.

The trend of bashing DeJounte has been building steam since last year & it can get nauseating.

I also understand that a lot of ST is down on him & think his contract is undeserved, yet he's only heading into his 4th year. I think we need to give him at least one more year, if his role is altered again to more a 3-&-D player, to truly write him off.

He definitely improved in a few areas but his impact to winning hasn't been positive thus far. This is a make or break season for not just him but Lonnie too, IMO.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your right if the Spurs can put him in a position to become a good player then I think he will rise to the occasion. My issue is really not with him but more with Pop I don't think he was ever a PG material and they kept trying to force a square into a whole and that ain't going to work. I think if they just ask him to focus on playing tough All Star Defense and work on his 3 ball he will be a force for other teams to contend with. I always wanted him to play SG and in the role of Bowen or Green with the ability to dribble the ball and fake the 3 and take it to the hoop strong would be ideal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Interesting. Depth might really matter this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lmaoo "his presence alone", what does that even mean? Like you're not excited to have his body or playstyle out on the court with you? Weird thing to say tbh, also yeah, that wording on "as long as he gets on board with us..." like wasn't he on board already? He's been quite positive about adopting the new stretch 5 role and contributing to the bubble style of play in his interviews.....

I wasn't sure before, but this definitely rubs me the wrong way. Like the vets aren't all on the same page as the young guns (well, at least not DJ's page, it might be him that's out of the loop). I hope playing time and chemistry sort these things out, or it's just bad wording from DJ... Not the greatest interview that they've had, tbh.
    Heh, DJ is on the trade LMA for picks train. He reads Spurstalk Bro.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LA has dictated our style of play for a while now. LA is the problem. He can't play that bubble style offense, it is an awkward fit.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your right if the Spurs can put him in a position to become a good player then I think he will rise to the occasion. My issue is really not with him but more with Pop I don't think he was ever a PG material and they kept trying to force a square into a whole and that ain't going to work. I think if they just ask him to focus on playing tough All Star Defense and work on his 3 ball he will be a force for other teams to contend with. I always wanted him to play SG and in the role of Bowen or Green with the ability to dribble the ball and fake the 3 and take it to the hoop strong would be ideal.
    This is what I wanted for him and I think it would make him exponentially more effective for the Spurs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LA has dictated our style of play for a while now. LA is the problem. He can't play that bubble style offense, it is an awkward fit.
    He could. He’s at least as mobile as Jokic, and Denver runs. LMA could be a weapon as a trailing 3 point shooter. More pick and roll, less pop. Flashes and cuts into the lane. It’s a matter of if he buys in. Touches come in many flavors. Him backing people down lets the air out of the offense. If he understands that, and trusts the guys to get him the ball in good spots, he could thrive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.tmz.com/2020/12/05/demar...-kylie-jenner/

Mystery solved why DeMar had to postpone his interview + why DJ was crying (he cares for DeMar and his kids, given their close bond)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Mystery solved why DeMar had to postpone his interview + why DJ was crying (he cares for DeMar and his kids, given their close bond)
    Was going to post this when I saw TMZ started reading the article weird they are reporting about it now when it happened back in November

Our sources tell us ... the man broke into DeRozan's home on Nov. 19 and made his way upstairs into a play area where at least one of DeMar's kids was hanging out.
    According to our sources, the suspect told cops DeRozan's home was not his intended target -- he was trying to get to Kylie Jenner's home but made a mistake.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Was going to post this when I saw TMZ started reading the article weird they are reporting about it now when it happened back in November
    Well, scratch my theory then. I'll stop acting like a therapist...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Contract year Mills is a loud mouth. I hate it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Yeah but this happened on November 19th it says. Why would he be crying about it 2 weeks later

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

DeMar will retire a Spur probably with smaller contracts as the years go by

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

DeMar says fook da haterz

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He could. He’s at least as mobile as Jokic, and Denver runs. LMA could be a weapon as a trailing 3 point shooter. More pick and roll, less pop. Flashes and cuts into the lane. It’s a matter of if he buys in. Touches come in many flavors. Him backing people down lets the air out of the offense. If he understands that, and trusts the guys to get him the ball in good spots, he could thrive.
    He could evolve as Timmy did. Play on the post as a safety valve now and then when the chips are down and Pop calling for 4-down.. (Aah. the good times!)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good to see Luka putting on some mass. I think he may surprise some people this year.
    I sure hope so. I was hype about the draft pick when it happened and the kid hasn't really accomplished anything yet.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

A lot of pressure on Aldridge

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Contract year Mills is a loud mouth. I hate it.
    Look on the bright side, contract year Mills may be a loudmouth, but the last 2 photos show a lot less belly jelly than some previous "Fatty" Mills offseason photos...

Aah the magic of contract years, right!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information