Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/rare-lo...160008173.html

Vassell a rare find but limited addition for poorly built Spurs. Truth to this article.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad but true. The draft is the only thing this franchise isn't frustrating to watch.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man I am praying we get a top 3 pick in 2021....

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    he is coming the savior

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Would love to get Cunningham, Suggs or Mobley

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Think he's a bit low on the upside of KJ & White as main options.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That UT fellow Brown ain’t all that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.yahoo.com/sports/rare-lo...160008173.html

Vassell a rare find but limited addition for poorly built Spurs. Truth to this article.
    Wow, they stated the obvious about this draft and our roster. Veterans "holding back" younger talent, Pop/organization taking a sidestep in neither direction and all of the young talent isn't as " tantalizing" as the groups in Sacramento, Atlanta, Phoenix or Memphis (all teams with numerous high lottery picks).

Our young guys need an elite prospect or two to emerge or acquired or they'll flounder in obscurity (like Atlanta, Sacramento, Phoenix and Memphis).

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That puts him in line with teammates Derrick White(who remains extension-eligible), Dejounte Murray, Lonnie Walker and Keldon Johnson as solid young players who lack super-tantalizing upside.”

I usually don’t speak so harshly but this guy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    [FONT="]That puts him in line with teammates [/FONT]Derrick White[FONT="](who remains extension-eligible), [/FONT]Dejounte Murray[FONT="], [/FONT]Lonnie Walker[FONT="] and [/FONT]Keldon Johnson as solid young players who lack super-tantalizing upside.”

Meh, don't feel too insulted or offended. That lack of tantalizing talent comes at the price of being a playoff caliber team and roster for 20+ years.

Thankfully, they drafted some solid (but not spectacular) picks over the last 5 years and are likely in line to draft a "tantalizing" prospect soon.

We just gotta hope that it bares fruit and our "tantalizing" pick doesn't have us in the lottery for 10 to 20 years like Sacramento, Phoenix & Minnesota.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah hands down my top 3 dreaming of them like I dream of winning the lottery. Lol

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    That UT fellow Brown ain’t all that.
    he just went for 25/14/ & 3 blocks on cunningham the presumed #1 pick in the draft with spurs scouts in attendance today
    he is a cant miss prospect

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    both of these players will go top 5 ............ brown >>>>>cunningham

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    both of these players will go top 5 ............ brown >>>>>cunningham
    Is he a three or a four on the next level, though?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That puts him in line with teammates Derrick White(who remains extension-eligible), Dejounte Murray, Lonnie Walker and Keldon Johnson as solid young players who lack super-tantalizing upside.”

Yeah I don't think he's waiting on a $65-75 million four year pay check.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sad but true. The draft is the only thing this franchise isn't frustrating to watch.
    It's full rebuild. Folks need to curb their expectation about the playoffs this year. They're not important. There are probably three good pieces right now - White, Johnson, Vassell - with questions marks elsewhere. The franchise has had one lottery pick in 23 years and made the playoffs for two decades. This isn't familiar territory for many fans, but at least we have some things to work with and no ugly contracts holding us down for years to come.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he just went for 25/14/ & 3 blocks on cunningham the presumed #1 pick in the draft with spurs scouts in attendance today
    Maybe the kid changes my mind.
    I liked at the end that he said that he is still learning cause that was my issue with him-poor decision making

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's full rebuild. Folks need to curb their expectation about the playoffs this year. They're not important. There are probably three good pieces right now - White, Johnson, Vassell - with questions marks elsewhere. The franchise has had one lottery pick in 23 years and made the playoffs for two decades. This isn't familiar territory for many fans, but at least we have some things to work with and no ugly contracts holding us down for years to come.
    Seconded.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs need to pump up vets trade value...Trade them for whatever they can get and try to get highest possible pick...With lots of cap space and good prospects, Spurs will have a Heat type comeback

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Why? He's right. There isn't much upside to any of our youth. They're a bunch of low 1st round NBA draft picks.

Don't understand what the expectations for a bunch of late picks are. There are so few worthwhile players in the NBA draft and so many drafts of the last decade have been 2-4 player drafts, and that's with hindsight.

What are people really expecting for a team with two old stars past their primes and a bunch of low 1st round picks with a coach notorious for, at the very best, not being the best utlilizer of young players?

We're a BAD, rotten roster with a Coach who is an authoritarian with contradicting political views. Our best assets will be gone for some worthless cap room and/or more late-round (worthless) picks.

And there is no evidence tanking works. The only team that will benefit immediately from a tank is a playoff team where the stars were injured most of the season, ala Golden State.

We're in a bad position. We need an overhaul not only of the roster, but of the decision makers as well.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We need to tank we not a playoff team and next year will probably be worse so yeah i am all for tanking. We not going to get any Elite talent to sign with us so only way to get that talent is through the draft like we did with Timmy and David. As far as tanking a lot has to do with the draft some draft have Stars and some have just really good players. The way 2021 looks it has 3 or 4 possible Star type of players.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why? He's right. There isn't much upside to any of our youth. They're a bunch of low 1st round NBA draft picks.

Don't understand what the expectations for a bunch of late picks are. There are so few worthwhile players in the NBA draft and so many drafts of the last decade have been 2-4 player drafts, and that's with hindsight.

What are people really expecting for a team with two old stars past their primes and a bunch of low 1st round picks with a coach notorious for, at the very best, not being the best utlilizer of young players?

We're a BAD, rotten roster with a Coach who is an authoritarian with contradicting political views. Our best assets will be gone for some worthless cap room and/or more late-round (worthless) picks.

And there is no evidence tanking works. The only team that will benefit immediately from a tank is a playoff team where the stars were injured most of the season, ala Golden State.

We're in a bad position. We need an overhaul not only of the roster, but of the decision makers as well.
    WTF? Regardless of your political views informing your feelings on Pop as a person, this quizzical statement has absolutely nothing to do with him as a coach.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I think he moves up into top 5 he has a high floor and also a high ceiling and would probably be our best player within a year if selected. Man can you imagine if we let say get the second or third pick I honestly don’t know who I would pick but the good thing is that player would immediately become our starter day one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, I think he moves up into top 5 he has a high floor and also a high ceiling and would probably be our best player within a year if selected. Man can you imagine if we let say get the second or third pick I honestly don’t know who I would pick but the good thing is that player would immediately become our starter day one.
    "Slow down there. He would need to be over himself first."

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Theres a lot to pick apart here...
    1. doesn’t matter when someone is picked. Their results matter. The organization that builds them into stars and solid role players also matters.
    2. This team has been slowly rebuilding. I’ve posted several times and it’s obvious to me what they are doing. Keep the “stars” to sell tickets and rebuild in the background. Like you even said, tanking doesn’t really work.
    3. The Spurs are in an ok spot. Especially with the massive amount of cap space going forward.
    4. Idk what the coach comment is about but no matter what your feelings are for Pop is time to get over it and focus on bigger issues.

Thread Information