Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

How about IQ, DJ? How about training in making your ego smaller? Hmm...
    You literally posted a tweet that quotes him saying he wants to be a better decision maker...

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just the words defensive spark struck out to me and less of him talking about leadership compared to previous years
    It’s possible, but I think people are overreacting to DJ’s quotes. He is parroting the new company line in regards to LA. I’m actually glad he said it. I mean, it’s the truth. LA may or may not be offended. I’m ok either way. As for the spark line, I don’t know, sounds more vague to me than a clear indication of any tectonic shifts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why the has Dejounte been crying?? What the is going on here lmao

https://news4sanantonio.com/sports/s...-game-and-more

When he turns his side, you'll see it. He has tears running down.

DJ took DeMar's place for the interviews today. Is DeMar being traded??

Watch the video guys, and you'll see it.

Sugus
    Last edited by Dejounte; 12-04-2020 at 04:25 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chill Drew, I wasn't trying to change your opinion on the guy. I was just busting your balls

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sugus
    You'll see the tears at the 1:12-1:14 mark

You can kind of hear his nose being stuffed too

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sugus
    Car probably stalled at the Jack in the Box parking lot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't know if these photos are new (the Lonnie one seems old)

I do know we should be getting new media day photos soon as per the Spurs photographer

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Either I have a poor Wi-Fi connection, or this crying concern is completely ridiculous. Having just watched that montage of interview clips, if anything, I am slightly higher on him now than before. He seems like he’s really trying to be a leader. Is it slightly awkward? Perhaps. Someone on the team needs to take a leadership role.

Regardless, those are just little details. To me, the real take away from this whole interview is that Pop loosened his grip, which is something he has needed to do throughout the years for the team to improve, such as when he finally let Manu be Manu, the team did a of a lot better. Obviously no Manu on this team, but I think this team will actually be pretty exciting this year if Pop continues to let them have some amount of freedom.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Either I have a poor Wi-Fi connection, or this crying concern is completely ridiculous. Having just watched that montage of interview clips, if anything, I am slightly higher on him now than before. He seems like he’s really trying to be a leader. Is it slightly awkward? Perhaps. Someone on the team needs to take a leadership role.

Regardless, those are just little details. To me, the real take away from this whole interview is that Pop loosened his grip, which is something he has needed to do throughout the years for the team to improve, such as when he finally let Manu be Manu, the team did a of a lot better. Obviously no Manu on this team, but I think this team will actually be pretty exciting this year if Pop continues to let them have some amount of freedom.
    Well I can't for sure say they are tears, but I can't be the only one seeing the shadow of what looks like tears running down his cheeks. Could it be sweat instead? Maybe.

You're seeing leadership? Maybe we're seeing things through our own lens. I could be seeing the opposite because I'm not a fan and you could be seeing your way because vice versa.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well I can't for sure say they are tears, but I can't be the only one seeing the shadow of what looks like tears running down his cheeks. Could it be sweat instead? Maybe.

You're seeing leadership? Maybe we're seeing things through our own lens. I could be seeing the opposite because I'm not a fan and you could be seeing your way because vice versa.
    This feels like debating the Zapruder film. I see the line on his face you mention, but his demeanor seems incongruous with someone crying.

Buy beyond debating his lacrimal glands, as for the leadership part, in general, I don’t see a big problem here. I think he is trying to be a leader more than he actually is a leader. But again, other than Patty, someone needs to at least attempt it. I sense Pop is still the only true leader, but he’s gone next year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This feels like debating the Zapruder film. I see the line on his face you mention, but his demeanor seems incongruous with someone crying.

Buy beyond debating his lacrimal glands, as for the leadership part, in general, I don’t see a big problem here. I think he is trying to be a leader more than he actually is a leader. But again, other than Patty, someone needs to at least attempt it. I sense Pop is still the only true leader, but he’s gone next year.
    I'd like to add it's not as if I don't WANT to see him rise to the occasion as a leader. In fact, it would be great if he did, it would make up for his bloated contract somewhat, because his play isn't sure making up for it. If he can excel as a leader and get all the young guys to buy in and trust the Spurs' development...then investing in DJ was well worth it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'd like to add it's not as if I don't WANT to see him rise to the occasion as a leader. In fact, it would be great if he did, it would make up for his bloated contract somewhat, because his play isn't sure making up for it. If he can excel as a leader and get all the young guys to buy in and trust the Spurs' development...then investing in DJ was well worth it.
    Exactly. I’m taking what I can get. I like the other young players better. But if DJ can fulfill some potential that would be great. He did say that he wants to be a player that the other guys want to play with. So beyond whether or not he threw LA under the bus, that was an important moment of insight.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sugus
    this is turning weirder and weirder... I agree with The Truth, I don't want to read too much into this.... But those are pretty unequivocally traced tears running down his cheeks. The fact that they go down from the middle of his eyes gives it away in the reflection (though that screencap you posted didn't really capture them). His eyes look baggier than usual in the interview though.

On a more common-sense take, though, it seems improbable that DJ was JUST done crying when he had a scheduled media appointment, from the comfort of his own home, and didn't even had enough time to wipe away the tears before the camera started rolling. Idk... As far as DeMar being traded, that would be out of left field for sure. Imagine spending weeks on here discussing trade packages for DD pre-draft, only for him to be traded at the start of training camp

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    DeRozan probably just had the s from eating some bad Jack in the box, he ain't going nowhere

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think DJM feels responsible to lead the team due to his contract and relative experience. And he's probably mad that SA's streak ended under his watch. The pressure to hold onto his job is probably there, though with the injuries, he doesn't need to worry about it too much. I don't have too much of an issue with him pressing. I do think, though, that someone like Johnson will overtake Murray as a leader, and if the Spurs traded Murray, they'd still have enough leadership on the team.

The LMA stuff is weird, but I wouldn't be surprised if Murray feels like if the Spurs return to the pre-bubble mentality that he could be on the outside looking in. In a pace-and-space unit, DJM's shooting issues aren't AS important as they'd be if they played at a slower pace and relied on the players around LMA and DMDR to space the floor while the stars created. Color me as a person who thinks it was mentality and not having Forbes more than it was actual scheme that led to the improved play. Still, long-term, the Spurs playing smaller and faster justifies Murray getting time. If they move to a more deliberate pace, it's much easier to build units that don't include him.

I've made no secret of my belief that Murray is the most expendable of the young players. Drafting Vassell and Jones makes that more true. I fear at this point that the Spurs missed the chance to move DJM for legit future value to supplement their young players. I think the window is still there for a win-now deal, though. I believe an essential part of rebuilding correctly is knowing how to prune your growing core to make it bloom. As much as I love Murray -- the locker-room voice, Murray -- the player on the court is a clear example of a wild branch that is going to slow the growth of the whole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    this is turning weirder and weirder... I agree with The Truth, I don't want to read too much into this.... But those are pretty unequivocally traced tears running down his cheeks. The fact that they go down from the middle of his eyes gives it away in the reflection (though that screencap you posted didn't really capture them). His eyes look baggier than usual in the interview though.

On a more common-sense take, though, it seems improbable that DJ was JUST done crying when he had a scheduled media appointment, from the comfort of his own home, and didn't even had enough time to wipe away the tears before the camera started rolling. Idk... As far as DeMar being traded, that would be out of left field for sure. Imagine spending weeks on here discussing trade packages for DD pre-draft, only for him to be traded at the start of training camp
    All good points, though I wouldn't say for sure that interview took place at his home? Maybe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aldridge has always been a PF. He has not accepted the idea that he should move to Center although he occasionally played there in certain lineups last year. Ag e slows us down and puts on more weight. Very few can stop that normal physical process of aging. teams lie about the measurements and weight all the time for propaganda purposes. Even in college sports. Don't worry about it. Wingspan is immaterial unless you can use it effectively with speedy eye/hand coordination.

We know that Smanic has been put on a regimen to put on some muscle so gaining 10 pounds at his age is not unbelieveable. All of these guys are usually put on some sort of weight training when they enter the pros, escpecially if they are young and come in without experience in a four year program at a good college. Previously they overcame opponents at each level because their physical builds and athletic abilities were far better than most of their peeers. Once they enter a higher level like the pros they become acquainted with the process of building their bodies to NBA level.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Eh, I don't think it's about accepting. Tim was only listed as a C a handful of times. When he and LMA started together, they were both listed as forwards.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, that's the thing, Sugus, it wasn't a "scheduled" media appointment. Reporters made it seem like DeMar was removed last minute and DJ had to takeover. Today's interview wasn't scheduled for DJ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spurs photographer just told me there will be no group shots for the Spurs players due to COVID. Bummer, I really wanted to see Keldon stand next to Devin.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This might be the dumbest and most clearly unequitable trade idea I've ever seen. Holy fick, do these ppl really get paid for like this?

https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2020/12/...mar-derozan/2/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think this will be the year Dejounte Murray shows his NBA ceiling. I still have hope for the kid.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So, probably not linked to DeMar. If it was indeed tears, maybe it was just something personal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So, probably not linked to DeMar. If it was indeed tears, maybe it was just something personal.
    It wasn't tears.

Thread Information