Page 1 of 16 1234511 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

View the link below to compare their old measurements:
    https://www.nba.com/spurs/roster

As far as how accurate the measurements are, I do not know.

A reason to suspect the new measurements: DeMar is measured as 6'6" in the spurs.com link above, while it shows 6'7" in the list above. Really odd how that happened.

Anyways, if we take the measurements in the list above as fact, then here are the notables:

Keldon height before: 6'5", Keldon height after: 6'6"
    Keldon weight before: 220 lb, Keldon weight after: 210 lb

Devin's height is same in both.
    Devin weight "before": 200 lb, Devin weight "after": 195 lb

Quinndary height before: 6'3", Quinndary height after: 6'4" -- *Derrick White is listed as 6'4" in both. IMO, Q can play SG*

Luka Samanic height before: 6'10", Luka Samanic height after: 6'11"
    Luka Samanic weight before: 227 lb, Luka Samanic weight after: 235 lb

LaMarcus Aldridge weight before: 250 lb, LaMarcus Aldridge weight after: 265 lb

And as mentioned earlier, DeMar height before: 6'6", DeMar height after: 6'7"

Keldon listed as "G/F", while Devin listed as only "G". Hmm....

TheDrewShow

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't read into a lot of listings. They're out of whack on all sites.

In this one, it looks like they're back to the mostly (minus Gay, Poeltl, maybe Johnson) in shoes heights. They also list Aldridge, Eubanks as F and DeRozan, Vassell and Walker as strictly G.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't read into a lot of listings. They're out of whack on all sites.

In this one, it looks like they're back to the mostly (minus Gay, Poeltl, maybe Johnson) in shoes heights. They also list Aldridge, Eubanks as F and DeRozan, Vassell and Walker as strictly G.
    If the listed heights aren't reliable, the weights should be. No reason to pull numbers like those out of nowhere. Unless they let them wear backpacks while they're being weighed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I did not even catch LMA's position being "F" in the list. There's no way his fatass can play PF anymore.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

View the link below to compare their old measurements:
    https://www.nba.com/spurs/roster

As far as how accurate the measurements are, I do not know.

A reason to suspect the new measurements: DeMar is measured as 6'6" in the spurs.com link above, while it shows 6'7" in the list above. Really odd how that happened.

Anyways, if we take the measurements in the list above as fact, then here are the notables:

Keldon height before: 6'5", Keldon height after: 6'6"
    Keldon weight before: 220 lb, Keldon weight after: 210 lb

Devin's height is same in both.
    Devin weight "before": 200 lb, Devin weight "after": 195 lb

Quinndary height before: 6'3", Quinndary height after: 6'4" -- *Derrick White is listed as 6'4" in both. IMO, Q can play SG*

Luka Samanic height before: 6'10", Luka Samanic height after: 6'11"
    Luka Samanic weight before: 227 lb, Luka Samanic weight after: 235 lb

LaMarcus Aldridge weight before: 250 lb, LaMarcus Aldridge weight after: 265 lb

And as mentioned earlier, DeMar height before: 6'6", DeMar height after: 6'7"

Keldon listed as "G/F", while Devin listed as only "G". Hmm....

TheDrewShow
    Appreciated!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's also hard to believe that Keldon is only 1" taller than Lonnie. He looks like he towers over him every time they stand next to each other.

I wish whoever was in charge of taking these measurements would do their jobs properly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So Aldridge gained 15 pounds? great.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's also hard to believe that Keldon is only 1" taller than Lonnie. He looks like he towers over him every time they stand next to each other.

I wish whoever was in charge of taking these measurements would do their jobs properly.
    He got them Tom Cruise shoes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

This is from last year's training camp

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Looking at last year's training camp list, that was already his weight. Maybe the measurements on the spurs.com site are outdated.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, he's been 265 for a while. I don't know why they listed both him and Gay at 250 last season.

The weights look legit outside of Johnson (doesn't seem believable that he's down 10 pounds) and maybe Lyles (though he seems in better shape since signing here, so he might be down 10 pounds to his draft weight).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There is a report that Keldon is in a boot. Maybe the players have an option to let the people who make the list use measurements from the year prior.

Given that the team probably can't bring everyone in at once, maybe whoever had to make the list was allowed to use old numbers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, he's been 265 for a while. I don't know why they listed both him and Gay at 250 last season.

The weights look legit outside of Johnson (doesn't seem believable that he's down 10 pounds) and maybe Lyles (though he seems in better shape since signing here, so he might be down 10 pounds to his draft weight).
    Keldon's weight from last year's training camp was 210 lb. Seems they just used last year's numbers for him because of the boot.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I extracted the data to make it easier to compare:

There's no way 2 out of 13 players are the only ones with any change in weight after 1.5 years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I find it strange that these players have the exact weights year to year on these measurements.
    Although I do see that's tilted to 5 pound incremental estimates, which is weird.

Edit: I look back and see it's not all that way, but the majority of players are either in the 0's to the 5's.
    Weird.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good to see Luka putting on some mass. I think he may surprise some people this year.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't buy Derrick being 195.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How’s Mills and Dejounte the same at 180lbs with DJ 5 inches taller?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can't think that Trey Lyles and Samanic are 6'10" and 6'11".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How tf am I the same height as Patty

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So, I want to apply some logic from this information:

-spurs.com measurements are likely when they were first brought in as a Spur. It would explain Aldridge's weight of 250 lb, and he's probably gained weight since then to play C (or just natural progression from age). It would also explain why Aldridge is listed as forward still.

-spurs.com measurements for Keldon are from the official combine, with the height (without shoes) rounded to nearest inch and weight rounded to nearest 5 lb increment. So during the combine, Keldon measured as 6-4.75 = 6'5", and 216 lb = 220 lb.

-Keldon's 2019 TC measurements are 6'6" in height, which I'm pretty sure is just him in shoes. This is due to the fact that 2019 training camp doesn't take very long after being drafted/ the combine. Keldon's 210 lb weight was likely accurate last year, he's a work horse and I could see him working out between the draft and the start of 2019 training camp.

-It does NOT make sense to re-measure height every year especially for players who have been in the league for more than five years. So I do not think players go into a single file line for their heights to be taken. There's high probability they can opt out. Many players, including Keldon, likely opted out. No way he is still 210 lb.

-spurs.com and the TC roster lists Devin as strictly G seems very real. If TC height listings are consistently players in shoes, does that mean Devin is 6'6" without shoes? Spurs.com has him as 6'7", but remember, he did NOT have a combine.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 12-03-2020 at 12:14 AM.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Aint no way patty mills is 6 feet

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Since last season's training camp, teams are required to submit player's height without shoes.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would assume that Devin is 6'6" without shoes & 6'7" (his official listed height) with shoes.

And Patty is likely 6'0" with shoes on. His 6'1" listing (without shoes) from last year was complete horse , though.

It would be nice if the NBA really made it a point of emphasis to not let teams fudge some guys' "official" height like Patty (6'1" without shoes) & LeBron James (6'8" w/o shoes) last year.

Also, the official listing should always be in shoes cause no one plays basketball barefoot (unless you want to break something).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    How tf am I the same height as Patty
    I definitely believe they are lying about Mill's height. He has to be 5'11. It reminds of how the Hornets lied for years that Kemba Walker was 6'1 when he was actually only 5'11. I remember once getting court side seats for Spurs vs Hornets game. I saw Parker and Kemba standing right in front of me. I could tell at the time he had to be 5'11 since Parker had at least 3 inches on him. Celtics measured him last year without shoes and he turned out to be 5'11.
    Last edited by daslicer; 12-03-2020 at 12:56 PM.

Thread Information