My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bet you suckers didn't look at the fine print. Surprise!!!

Taxes Going up in 2021 Due to GOP-Passed Bill
    According to a new report by The New York Times, taxes will go up for many Americans starting in 2021, and the Republicans are to blame. The tax hike was planned all the way back in when President Donald Trump passed the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, which lowered taxes for most Americans at the time. However, that temporary tax policy counted on the automatic increases coming next year.

The Times found that the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act will cause "automatic, stepped tax increases every two years" beginning in 2021. By 2027, these tax increases will impact nearly all Americans — except for the extremely wealthy. That's because the tax policies built into the bill target those with an income of $75,000 per year or less, about 65 percent of American taxpayers.

Some, including the Times' Joseph E. Stiglitz, assume that these tax increases were calculated to come after the 2020 presidential election when Trump's bid for re-election would be over one way or another. The increases may serve as an attack on President-elect Joe Biden, allowing Republicans to blame him even though they pass these tax increases under the Trump administration.

The provisions of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act will reach full maturity in 2027, effectively dividing the nation into two groups, according to Stiglitz — those making over $100,000 per year and those making less. The latter tax bracket would encompass about 75 percent of American taxpayers. The provisions of the law are such that at that point, the rich could get regular tax cuts while the poor could not.
    https://popculture.com/trending/news...p-passed-bill/

Scrumtrulescent
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Democrats won't let that happen. Allowing taxes to go up is how you lose elections. Voters don't notice or care who threw the grenade originally, they're going to take out their vengeance on whoever is around when it goes off.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yep, old news reported by who read the fine print back in 2017.

Repugs raise taxes during Trump's 2nd term when he cannot be voted out

Repugs raise taxes during a Dem's first term, and blame it on the Dems.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yep, old news reported by who read the fine print back in 2017.

Repugs raise taxes during Trump's 2nd term when he cannot be voted out

Repugs raise taxes during a Dem's first term, and blame it on the Dems.
    Dems need to communicate this strongly to the public. In an easy to understand slogan or something.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Dems need to communicate this strongly to the public. In an easy to understand slogan or something.
    I recommend

"Orange Man's taxes bad. Our taxes good"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

According to a new report by The New York Times, taxes will go up for many Americans starting in 2021, and the Republicans are to blame. The tax hike was planned all the way back in when President Donald Trump passed the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act, which lowered taxes for most Americans at the time. However, that temporary tax policy counted on the automatic increases coming next year.

The Times found that the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act will cause "automatic, stepped tax increases every two years" beginning in 2021. By 2027, these tax increases will impact nearly all Americans — except for the extremely wealthy. That's because the tax policies built into the bill target those with an income of $75,000 per year or less, about 65 percent of American taxpayers.

Some, including the Times' Joseph E. Stiglitz, assume that these tax increases were calculated to come after the 2020 presidential election when Trump's bid for re-election would be over one way or another. The increases may serve as an attack on President-elect Joe Biden, allowing Republicans to blame him even though they pass these tax increases under the Trump administration.

The provisions of the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act will reach full maturity in 2027, effectively dividing the nation into two groups, according to Stiglitz — those making over $100,000 per year and those making less. The latter tax bracket would encompass about 75 percent of American taxpayers. The provisions of the law are such that at that point, the rich could get regular tax cuts while the poor could not.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump's Automatic Middle Class Tax Hikes

It's hard to make a shot slogan but it's good enough.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

you're the pauper who cannot afford beer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I recommend

Democrats have platformed on raising the corporate tax rate the capital gains tax rate and the tax rate on the people that are currently not having their taxes raised.

There is a pretty obvious difference in tax policy between the two parties.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dems horrible at messaging. 'em, nothing's gonna get better

Dems: "Repugs have done bad. Woe is us. Let's move on"

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Covid hospitals!!!!!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Your desperate need to feel better about yourself somehow.

You do realize what effects the passage of time has on debt amortization, right? That is a special kind of stupid. "hur dee dur, time doesn't change anything"

You go with your special self though.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope so. Tax the rich.

Matter fact. Eat the rich

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Democrats have platformed on raising the corporate tax rate the capital gains tax rate and the tax rate on the people that are currently not having their taxes raised.

There is a pretty obvious difference in tax policy between the two parties.
    I bet we are going to hear more about how we are punishing "job creators".

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I bet we are go​ing to hear more about how we are punishing "job creators".

Who Creates Jobs?

https://www.nber.org/digest/feb11/who-creates-jobs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I recommend

(facepalm)

Another strawman. The core of modern conservatism is dishonesty. You all seem inherently incapable of making arguments without being at some level dishonest.

"raising taxes on the middle class to pay for tax cuts for the rich is bad"

Are you really that dumb that you don't understand what is happening?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the guy who doesn't realize that time passes.

Sure. Amortization tables DON'T move towards zero.

Keep thinking that.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

"The Axe the Tax" social media challenge.

Done and done.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    "The Axe the Tax" social media challenge.

Done and done.
    Props. Short and rhymes. Like Li'l Wayne.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the guy who doesn't realize that time passes.

Sure. Amortization tables DON'T move towards zero.

Keep thinking that.
    Whatever dude, you're sore because you picked a ty career.

Thread Information