Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems we may be getting closer to one as the pandemic rages on. I'm hoping it doesn't include stimulus checks because these seem so inefficient. I totally support expanding and enhancing unemployment benefits but just giving away money as "stimulus" to everyone not making over a certain salary seems so wasteful to me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Seems we may be getting closer to one as the pandemic rages on. I'm hoping it doesn't include stimulus checks because these seem so inefficient. I totally support expanding and enhancing unemployment benefits but just giving away money as "stimulus" to everyone not making over a certain salary seems so wasteful to me.
    The government doesn't possess the wherewithal to manage a better system that can actually filter out those who don't need it, and do so quickly. This is the same government the left wants to run healthcare.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The government doesn't possess the wherewithal to manage a better system that can actually filter out those who don't need it, and do so quickly. This is the same government the left wants to run healthcare.
    they run medicare just fine.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no need to means test direct stimulus to citizens during a recession/pandemic. Simply giving money (cash transfers or temporary UBI) to people to stay at home, like Canada is doing, would be good both for the economy and mitigating the spread of COVID.

Just give people money.

(not pie in the sky, we did it last spring, at least 90 other countries have some form of direct cash transfers)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    they run medicare just fine.
    OK

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sr21 has got you there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's no need to means test direct stimulus to citizens during a recession/pandemic. Simply giving money (cash transfers or temporary UBI) to people to stay at home, like Canada is doing, would be good both for the economy and mitigating the spread of COVID.

Just give people money.
    There's not obligation to stay at home. Like I said, it's so inefficient.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sr21 has got you there.
    No

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get the inefficient angle. it definitely helped the economy back when it was put in once ago and we have definitely been impacted from the lack of a similar stimulus since then.

Inefficient compared to what?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we don't, the recession will be longer and the recovery slower. During a demand shock, the government needs to pick up the slack.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You like to overstate the prevalence of fraud and abuse and ignore the efficiencies, but go ahead, try to back that up again. "Philo" slapped your in the dirt last time you tried.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't get the inefficient angle. it definitely helped the economy back when it was put in once ago and we have definitely been impacted from the lack of a similar stimulus since then.

with $600/week, while unemployment skyrocketed, POVERTY went down.

600/40 = $15/hour. Dems won't do it. They'll fecklessly fold when Repugs/right wing hate media propagandize "$15 kills jobs" for which there is no proof

$15/hour lifts people out of poverty and saves $Bs in public assistance

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Like all the dead folks who got stimulus checks last time.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's the national religion that any subsidy to go through the job creator class first.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ll bet the ROI on filtering out “those who don’t need it” is super low. I wouldn’t even put the max income limit on the direct payment. The fed only knows how much you made in 2019. Assuming you still make that in this economy is presumptive.

Still Hates Small Ball Spurminator's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They had no intention of filtering out people who didn't need it. This wasn't government inefficiency, it was Republican governance working exactly as intended.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's the national religion that any subsidy to go through the job creator class first.
    Republicans are the party that thinks government is incompetent and they keep trying to get elected to prove it.

My Team
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Post Count
    yet somehow you think they can easily immunize the whole american population within a couple months with a vaccine that requires equipment that most clinics dont possess

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You like to overstate the prevalence of fraud and abuse and ignore the efficiencies, but go ahead, try to back that up again. "Philo" slapped your in the dirt last time you tried.
    You're stupid. There's never any truth to what you say, you're a cheerleader.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yet somehow you think they can easily immunize the whole american population within a couple months with a vaccine that requires equipment that most clinics dont possess
    Where did I say that I think that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're stupid. There's never any truth to what you say, you're a cheerleader.
    I recall the conversation distinctly; perhaps your memory has faded.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I recall the conversation distinctly; your memory must be bad.
    You can recall all you like, your reading comprehension is poor and you cannot make up for it with fancy words.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You can recall all you like, your reading comprehension is poor and you cannot make up for it with fancy words.
    That's your opinion, others can decide what it's worth.

Keep making this thread about me and ignoring the topic, it makes you look really smart.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    sr21 has got you there.
    That's your opinion, others can decide what it's worth.

Keep making this thread about me and ignoring the topic, it makes you look really smart.

idiot

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol fancy words

It's just English, man.

Thread Information