Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just for the inevitable fascist defense of the hyper-wealthy as being "job creators" instead of the leeches the data says they are.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Newly available wage data tell a familiar story: In every period since 1979, wages for the bottom 90% were continuously redistributed upward to the top 10% and frequently to the very highest 1.0% and 0.1%.

For last year, 2019, the data show a continuation, with annual wages rising fastest for those in the top 10% while those in the bottom 90% saw below-average wage growth.

https://www.epi.org/blog/wages-for-t...vast-majority/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    marx's theory of crisis at play...

"In Marx's system, as in Mill's the falling rate of profit is a long-run tendency precisely because of the "counteracting influences at work which thwart and annul the effects of this general law, leaving to it merely the character of a tendency."[47] These counteracting forces are as follows:[48] (1) An increase in the intensity of exploitation (via intensification of labor or the extension of the working day); (2) Depression of wages below their value ... ; (3) Cheapening of the elements of constant capital (via increased productivity); (4) Relative overproduction (which keeps many workers employed in relatively backward industries, such as luxury goods, where the organic composition of capital is low); (5) Foreign trade (which offers cheaper commodities and more profitable channels of investment); and (6) The increase of "stock capital" (interest bearing capital, whose low rate of return is not averaged with others).
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crisis_theory

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exploitation and labor arbitrage, two old materialist themes.

Contra Marx, I doubt crises inevitably lead to revolutions or new modes of production, unless civilizational collapse counts as a new mode of production.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is what you wanted, Chumpettes.
    Patriots told you to no shut sh** down and spit on the Cons ution.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exploitation and labor arbitrage, two old materialist themes.

Contra Marx, I doubt crises inevitably lead to revolutions or new modes of production, unless civilizational collapse counts as a new mode of production.
    Marx was pretty spot on descriptively, hasnt been demonstrated to be on the nose prescriptively

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    non-sequitur

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shhh. Grown-ups are talking.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Marx was pretty spot on descriptively, hasnt been demonstrated to be on the nose prescriptively
    I think it's more apt to say that Marx was correct on many of the economic mechanisms that he described where he was completely off was in terms of the social reaction to that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think it's more apt to say that Marx was correct on many of the economic mechanisms that he described where he was completely off was in terms of the social reaction to that.

I don't see a way out of it, given the right wing will fight any redistribution or cessation of exploitation tooth and nail.

By the by, a good series:

You may find the whole series useful. I think he has it pretty well pegged here. Dude seems to have done his research (in the much more traditional, "read a ton of books" sense)

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Cheap labor

Biden promises to nationalize tens of Millions more and a steady flow of refugees from the 3rd World

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the separation started here

Revenue Act of 1964

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revenue_Act_of_1964

btw, in 1960 US poverty rate was 30%, after 15 post-war boom years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Cheap labor

Biden promises to nationalize tens of Millions more and a steady flow of refugees from the 3rd World
    (a post that proves out the central theory of the youtube thesis immediately above it)

Thanks man.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Communism will work if we just give it a good faith effort!

Props on finding the parody counter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I don't see a way out of it, given the right wing will fight any redistribution or cessation of exploitation tooth and nail.

By the by, a good series:

You may find the whole series useful. I think he has it pretty well pegged here. Dude seems to have done his research (in the much more traditional, "read a ton of books" sense)
    Are you really trying to say that rise the proletariat is going to happen after over 100 years of proof to the contrary?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you really trying to say that rise the proletariat is going to happen after over 100 years of proof to the contrary?
    Nope.

I am saying the right will fight any higher taxes on the rich that would go towards things that benefit most people, like single payor.

as for the youtube video:

Just an interesting analysis on the philosophical origins of modern "conservatism". short take: pro-monarchist ideas from the 17-18th century

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nope.

I am saying the right will fight any higher taxes on the rich that would go towards things that benefit most people, like single payor.

as for the youtube video:

Just an interesting analysis on the philosophical origins of modern "conservatism". short take: pro-monarchist ideas from the 17-18th century
    Oh I figured all that out reading about how the Orangists in Holland would combat with the liberals in that time.

Basically you could take modern day GOP types and replace them with the old royalists and it would be pretty much the same ideology

I've also been fascinated by how the church operates within this given their old reliance on the divine right of kings. Today there is this notion that you're rich because God wills it and your poor for the same reason.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't understand what the eagle is doing. Is he free or wut. And shouldn't he have an AR-15 in his hands, a can of Miller Lite in the other and be driving an F-150 with his little elbow out the window

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Communism will work if we just give it a good faith effort!

Props on finding the parody counter.
    as ive stated many times... im still in favor of capitalism, but you need to broaden the safety net substantially, and yes thats going to come from the rich paying their fair share

its the ac ulation of wealth to a tiny minority while the masses struggle thats the problem. im all for correcting that within the framework of capitalism. your'e just not for correcting it at all

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    as ive stated many times... im still in favor of capitalism, but you need to broaden the safety net substantially, and yes thats going to come from the rich paying their fair share
    Derp it's pretty obviously disingenuous and everything that he says but generally speaking trying to get an economic purist to try to understand anything more nuanced is a futile effort

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    poor people problems

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Labor's revenue had kept up, median household income with be a little over $100K / year.

The poverty, financial stress and precarity on Labor is a not a natural, inevitable occurrence, but strategically forced by the oligarchy, as the USA Word Champion Inequality does not exist in social democracies.

But God, Guns, Gays, Abortion, Racism, owning the libs are more important than self interest
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 12-04-2020 at 03:58 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If Labor's revenue had kept up, median household income with be a little over $100K / year.

The poverty, financial stress and precarity on Labor is a not a natural, inevitable occurrence, but strategically forced by the oligarchy, as the USA Word Champion Inequality does not exist in social democracies.

But God, Guns, Gays, Abortion, Racism, owning the libs are more important than self interest
    This.

Thread Information