Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup i hate that term. It's an attack on men for being men.
    Exactly!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He needs to get himself a nice 2 bedroom off Wurzbach parkway

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Agree...never thought id hear a guy on spurs talk mention toxic masculinity

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Scary stuff , I'm glad nothing happened and Dmar and family are all safe. That intruder better learn and recognize how lucky he is still to be alive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He needs to get himself a nice 2 bedroom off Wurzbach parkway

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If we are all in agreement that someone who is a "thug" or someone who had a tougher upbringing / environment / culture is NOT criteria for someone to be "immune" to mental illness (depression), then there's no argument here.

Regardless of your gender, culture, upbringing: if you need help, you get help.

If we're not in agreement, then you're all stupid s.
    koriwhat ismael-robert

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of you are ing sick. This could have ended in demar getting hurt, or even killed. This suspect could have had covid and yet some of you here are making jokes out of this situation. Shame on some of you and go yourselves.
    Well said my friend😊

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its amazing how tough people can act on the internet. Say that to Demars face. Unfortunately you wouldn't because you would pass your pants and be calling for your mother to come pick you up. You disgusting waste of a human being.
    2/10 good effort

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He finally played some ing defense.
    He chased the suspect to the 3 point line then turned around and let him go.
    I’m honestly glad he’s okay. Wouldn’t wish death or harm on any of the players. But these posts made me laugh tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    wasnt he fighting depression, if he a thug he should be immune to that
    spoken like a true white boy

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No I do agree depression can happen to anyone and they should seek help. Just don't like that phrase cause like it was said it's tied to a political movement to feminize men

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shut up, got. They would've done us all a favor had they offed his worthless ass.
    The only thing that's worthless is your 50K post

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the man just wanted some Kylie cosmetics

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR should be commended for not beating the crap or worse out of the dude

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hope he gets a better home security system. NBA players are gone during the season and many have multiple home that they leave vacated for months at a time. He’s very fortunate to be home when it happened.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Lol. Irony is ironic.
    Last edited by offset formation; 12-06-2020 at 10:51 AM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No I do agree depression can happen to anyone and they should seek help. Just don't like that phrase cause like it was said it's tied to a political movement to feminize men
    And who politicized it exactly? The truth is men can be toxic (as can women). But when you see it, you know it. And denying someone the right to be depressed merely because he grew up in a tough environment is at least a step toward being toxic because it attempts to set a standard by which all men must adhere or you can get demonized as being less than.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bizzare! what part of "addressing toxic masculinity" feminizes men?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some of you are ing sick. This could have ended in demar getting hurt, or even killed. This suspect could have had covid and yet some of you here are making jokes out of this situation. Shame on some of you and go yourselves.
    Not to make light of the scary incident, but the above poster had me thinking. What would happen to the finances if Demar was killed? I'm sure there is some type of insurance policy that would pay out his salary to his beneficiaries, but what about the Spurs salary cap? Would it free up space? Also, I'm guessing that his salary would not be paid in full.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DISABLED PLAYER EXCEPTION -- This exception allows a team which is over the cap to replace a disabled player who will be out for the remainder of that season (it can also be granted in the event of a player's death). This exception is granted by the league, based on an application from the team and a determination by an NBA-designated physician or Fitness to Play panel (see question number 62) that the player is substantially more likely than not to be unable to play through the following June 15.

If this exception is granted, the team can acquire one player via free agent signing, trade or waiver claim, to replace the disabled player:

The team may sign a free agent for one season only, for 50% of the disabled player's salary or the amount of the Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception, whichever is less.
    The team may trade for a player in the last season of his contract only (including any option years)2, who is making no more than 50% plus $100,000 of the disabled player's salary, or the amount of the Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception plus $100,000, whichever is less.
    The team may claim a player on waivers who is in the last season of his contract only (including any option years), who is making no more than 50% of the disabled player's salary, or the amount of the Non-Taxpayer Mid-Level exception, whichever is less.
    Teams can apply for this exception from July 1 through January 15, and cannot apply after January 15. Once granted, the exception expires when a player is acquired, when the disabled player is traded or returns to the team, or on March 10 of that season, whichever comes first. This exception is granted on a season-by-season basis -- if the player also will be out the following season, the team needs to apply for this exception again the following season.

The disabled player must be on the team's roster from the time the team submits its application through the date on which the exception is granted. This exception only can be granted to the team for which the player was playing when his injury or illness was known, or reasonably should have become known. A team cannot trade for an injured player and subsequently apply for a Disabled Player exception for that player.

If a team's application for a disabled player exception is denied, the team must wait 90 days before submitting another request related to the same player, and then only for a new injury or aggravation of the same injury. Whether the application was approved or denied, the team can apply again (including for the same injury) the following season.

If the disabled player comes back sooner than expected he may be activated immediately, and the replacement player is not affected.

Don't confuse the Disabled Player exception with the salary cap relief teams sometimes receive after losing a player to a career-ending injury or death (see question number 61). The Disabled Player exception allows a team to acquire a replacement player. The salary cap relief removes a contract from the team's books.

Also see question number 26 for more information on the availability and use of this exception.
    http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q25

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not to make light of the scary incident, but the above poster had me thinking. What would happen to the finances if Demar was killed? I'm sure there is some type of insurance policy that would pay out his salary to his beneficiaries, but what about the Spurs salary cap? Would it free up space? Also, I'm guessing that his salary would not be paid in full.
    Are you trying to tell us something? Should we call the cops?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does he own a gun

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does he own a gun
    The incident was in Cali ducks, I'll let you guess...

Thread Information