My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Second best shooting guard of all time.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good one. Manu is the one who always gets his team back. The plus minus king is not Matt Bonner

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Keldon should watch this and emulate Manu esp the reading plays, cutting at little cracks, attacking, etc. I think that's what's missing when Wemby has the ball, someone can cut around like what Manu did

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My all-time favorite player. There can never be another Manu. His unselfishness, his bravado, the grit tells he’s one of the best! It’s a shame that he’s left out of ESPN best 75 NBA All-Time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's easy to see, why he is a fan fav and also my fav Spur of all time.

Imagine him playing alongside Wemby!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When Manu was on the court, there was always a sense of excitement or a sense of something unexpected that could happen. I always used to feel that the highlights weren't actually capturing the best of Manu. In fact, Manu's minutes were a highlight reel of their own, even when the plays weren't successful. Kobe later described that as a consequence of his amazing motor, something that only he, Manu and Westbrook shared. But Manu was way more efficient of the three, even if he was less talented than Kobe and less productive stats wise than Westbrook. And the only guy who reminds me of Manu by always doing something special on the court when he is around is Steph Curry who is so underrated in his passing, off the ball movement, cutting and general hustle because of his out of the world shooting. No one else comes close.

But watching Wemby in the pre-season, suggests that we may have a 7 ft 4 Manu in our hands. Here's hoping that Pop with his experience of grooming and coaching Manu will know what to do with a mega sized version of Manu.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Some great insight and analysis in that video.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great video-- thanks for sharing. One of the things I've always found interesting is the comparisons between Ginobili and Parker with regard to ball management and turnovers-- Parker usually gets cast as the steadier, safer guy and Manu is the eccentric, erratic genius who's prone to turnovers. But for their careers, Parker averaged 2.7 TO per 36 minutes and Manu averaged 2.8 TO per 36... so there's really not a big difference there.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seeing the graphs and stats showing TP at his best with all 3 on the court was pretty interesting. Would love to see this guy do a comprehensive video on the 3 of them together

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the fake out they did when they first say "ok well in the playoffs... duncan's on-off numbers were better, so maybe that explains it. but actually, thats wrong". and then showing that it was the opposite

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good one. Manu is the one who always gets his team back. The plus minus king is not Matt Bonner
    the on-off king as well

i just remember so many games where he would sub in, and then for the next 4-6 minutes, seemingly every basket was one that he either scored or assisted on

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I realize a provocative headline is more likely to generate views, but this is a particularly absurd one.

On every other dynasty (including the current pseudo one), there's an unquestioned MVP. Only here is the actual one constantly disrespected with nonsense like "culture", "system" (both of which he had a significant hand in cultivating) or this.

Ginobili will forever remain underrated by the casuals and overrated by the hipster stat geeks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu remains my favorite player of all time. It was a huge privilege to watch his entire NBA career.

SA fan since 03 playoffs spursparker9's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A true legend, Manu. Glad that he is still active with the Spurs (he was in the draft war room during the 2023 draft).

Is he an assistant coach currently? Or a more informal role with the Spurs?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu could have started, been a fixture as an all-star and an MVP candidate on a lot of teams, but rather he satisfied himself as the best sixth man in basketball on a team that always won. He and Tony gave Tim the support needed to build something special in San Antonio. Not a lot of players with his talent that have that sort of humility these days. Really none that I can think of honestly.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No one can deny that Manu is above all a Champion

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Ginobili will forever remain underrated by the casuals and overrated by the hipster stat geeks.
    So where do you place him on the underrated/overrated scale?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Second best shooting guard of all time.
    Agreed, after Kobe and ahead of Jordan

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Manu could have started, been a fixture as an all-star and an MVP candidate on a lot of teams, but rather he satisfied himself as the best sixth man in basketball on a team that always won. He and Tony gave Tim the support needed to build something special in San Antonio. Not a lot of players with his talent that have that sort of humility these days. Really none that I can think of honestly.
    These days?

lol most stars lack humility, regardless of the era

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What a great video! Man I really miss the Big 3.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So where do you place him on the underrated/overrated scale?
    Ultimately, he's more underrated than overrated because there's more casuals who love spouting counting stats and accolades without context.

But, his career catch-all metrics were aided by essentially entering the league at the beginning of his prime and having his minutes managed.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not a lot of players with his talent that have that sort of humility these days. Really none that I can think of honestly.
    Jokic does.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A true legend, Manu. Glad that he is still active with the Spurs (he was in the draft war room during the 2023 draft).

Is he an assistant coach currently? Or a more informal role with the Spurs?
    I have this feeling that when Pop decides to retire, Manu will be taking over the head coaching job. Victor seems to like Manu.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Been saying it since the mid 00's before analytics were popular. Manu is the most underrated player of all time. Everybody saw him as a 6th man sidekick, but he actually had supertar talent and impact.

He was the trend setter for today's NBA:

-the eurostep.
    -no midranges.
    -pick and roll maestro.
    -keep the ball moving.
    -play less but more efficiently.

If he was coming up today, he would become a top 5 player and a perennial MVP contender.

Even Spurfans don't trully appreciate just how much of a legend Manu trully was.

Thread Information