Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just to clarify...when an illegal border crosser goes to the border patrol and says "I want amnesty" and they are then released into the US without a hearing are you counting them as "do ented"?
    It depends... were they do ented? It takes time to get a hearing. Are you suggesting that we just cut off asylum?

It's also possible to be do ented and still here illegally.

I think this also highlights, IMO, the need for multiple legal paths. I thought a big mistake of past immigration reform was to try to tie everything to a path to citizenship. Not everyone needs to be a citizen.

However, at the end of the day, this is a topic that people will never agree on. Personally, I believe in and support the "melting pot". I want it to be easier for people to come and live here legally. I don't think everyone needs to be a citizen, but I think anyone who wants to become a citizen should be able to go down that path. I actually really support the idea of having a legal class of residents who pay taxes to support programs they aren't eligible for (like SS). Workers here illegally are doing this today, it's actually one of the unintended benefits of SS theft by workers here illegally, ironically enough.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think any discussion is stifled by the scare numbers that get cited so often without any real thought as to what they mean. Media can just publish the largest statistical number they can find -- "encounters" -- and people start thinking that is the total number of people who have successfully crossed the border illegally.

There were 200,000 applications for asylum in 2019 -- a clear record at the time, like 3x the largest amount during the Obama years -- but no one said about it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think any discussion is stifled by the scare numbers that get cited so often without any real thought as to what they mean. Media can just publish the largest statistical number they can find -- "encounters" -- and people start thinking that is the total number of people who have successfully crossed the border illegally.

There were 200,000 applications for asylum in 2019 -- a clear record at the time, like 3x the largest amount during the Obama years -- but no one said about it.
    Trying to get everyone on the same page re: definition of terms BEFORE a debate takes place is not a hallmark of modern discourse

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump pretty much laid bare the true right-wing position on immigration the day he came down that escalator talking about rapists and murderers. He continued to make it clear with the “ hole countries” and “why can’t we get people from Norway” comments.

Since few are eager to leave their comfortable European social democracies for the gun-obsessed land of -eating, cousin- ing crackers, the next best option for the right is no immigration at all. Maybe they can get white women to have more babies somehow.

If we’d had ears to hear, we’d have heard them saying it 20 years ago and known back then that reform was impossible.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trying to get everyone on the same page re: definition of terms BEFORE a debate takes place is not a hallmark of modern discourse
    herdingcats.gif
    Last edited by ChumpDumper; 08-31-2023 at 05:16 PM.

notthewordsofonewhokneels Thread's Avatar
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Trump pretty much laid bare the true right-wing position on immigration the day he came down that escalator talking about rapists and murderers. He continued to make it clear with the “ hole countries” and “why can’t we get people from Norway” comments.

Since few are eager to leave their comfortable European social democracies for the gun-obsessed land of -eating, cousin- ing crackers, the next best option for the right is no immigration at all. Maybe they can get white women to have more babies somehow.

If we’d had ears to hear, we’d have heard them saying it 20 years ago and known back then that reform was impossible.
    Amen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Fake news as always and always leaving out the context... Sound bites without context is what the loser regressives love the most.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Fake news as always and always leaving out the context... Sound bites without context is what the loser regressives love the most.
    ...kori

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    8M new undo ented residents vs 6.5M BP apprehensions at border plus 1.5M gotaways at border, hmm, what is the difference?

If I had normal vision, I should be able to see the difference 6.5M apprehensions plus 1.5M gotaways not being same as 8M new undo ented residents.

However, wearing Yam s colored glasses, there is no difference as it is all Biden’s fault.

Hint: Approximately, 81% apprehended at border and 19% entered without being apprehended at border (i.e., 1.5M new undo ented residents since Biden’s watch began).

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Then CC needs to pull up the asylum case numbers since the beginning of Biden’s watch if that is what confused him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't believe it aligns with the American tradition or its values to have some other subjective criteria to select who can come and go.
    We need to change those traditions/values. I mean “Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses” was a fine sentiment when we had an indigenous population and their vast lands to conquer, but we got the job done. It's well past time to move on from the romanticized version of our founding.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe they can get white women to have more babies somehow.
    I think we whites need something like a quinceañera. Age fifteen, you're a woman now honey, finish your taco and go get knocked up.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    We need to change those traditions/values. I mean “Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses” was a fine sentiment when we had an indigenous population and their vast lands to conquer, but we got the job done. It's well past time to move on from the romanticized version of our founding.
    Way too late, Snake. It's harvest of votes across the world and a country who loves to conduct war across that same world. And nobody harvests votes like the Democrats with RINO's ever so quietly assisting. A 95% guaranteed block with no requirement to expound upon it in-the-least.

Basically money from home.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Obviously not everyone agrees with you, ignoring your interesting choice of language.

I do find it funny, however, that those who do hold this position often are the same people who hold originalist views of the cons ution. It's awfully convenient, the picking and choosing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we whites need something like a quinceañera. Age fifteen, you're a woman now honey, finish your taco and go get knocked up.
    Oh got it, you're just another dumb racist to put on ignore. Thanks for the clarification.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh got it, you're just another dumb racist to put on ignore. Thanks for the clarification.
    GFY you -eating, cousin- ing cracker

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Whew he's fine. Hopefully 20 more years of selfless public service left in this great man.

Dr. Brian P. Monahan said he consulted with McConnell and has also spoken with McConnell's neurology team, and informed the Republican leader that he is medically clear to continue with his schedule. Monahan did not say he examined McConnell himself.

"After evaluating yesterday's incident, I have informed Leader McConnell that he is medically clear to continue with his schedule as planned," Monahan said. "Occasional lightheadedness is not uncommon in concussion recovery and can also be expected as a result of dehydration."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Friday she will run for reelection to another term in Congress as Democrats work to win back the majority in 2024.

Pelosi, 83, made the announcement before labor allies in the San Francisco area district she has represented for more than 35 years.

"Now more than ever our City needs us to advance San Francisco values and further our recovery," Pelosi said in a tweet. "Our country needs America to show the world that our flag is still there, with liberty and justice for ALL. That is why I am running for reelection and respectfully ask for your vote."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said Friday she will run for reelection to another term in Congress as Democrats work to win back the majority in 2024.

Pelosi, 83, made the announcement before labor allies in the San Francisco area district she has represented for more than 35 years.

"Now more than ever our City needs us to advance San Francisco values and further our recovery," Pelosi said in a tweet. "Our country needs America to show the world that our flag is still there, with liberty and justice for ALL. That is why I am running for reelection and respectfully ask for your vote."

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Steny Hoyer is a year older than pelosi

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SB drops the veil and says the quiet parts out loud.

The basis of modern conservatism is violence, dishonesty, and greed.

You prove my point daily.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

So youre saying we need to let illegals in because white women dont want to have babies?,,,,lmao. And if crackers are so bad, why do browns and blacks want to break into the white countries so bad?,,,,riddle me that, numbnuts. I dont see anyone breaking into Nigeria or Venezuela for a better life,,,

Thread Information