San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s Russia.
    Go figure...

But.... but ... why can’t we just be friends?

You never make friends with Putin. The only way to play is from a position of strength.
    Payback incoming as soon as we figure out how bad the damage is. And with the red team not believing the “deep state” I expect it’s hardly minor damage.

Why can’t we be friends with Russia... dumb s.
    We will soon learn why once we get the orange ass out of the way and fully investigate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s Russia.
    Go figure...

But.... but ... why can’t we just be friends?

You never make friends with Putin. The only way to play is from a position of strength.
    Payback incoming as soon as we figure out how bad the damage is. And with the red team not believing the “deep state” I expect it’s hardly minor damage.

Why can’t we be friends with Russia... dumb s.
    We will soon learn why once we get the orange ass out of the way and fully investigate.
    I hear a lot of speculation that it's Russia, couched in oddly tentative language like "signs point to" and "bears the hallmarks of." Has anyone come out and said "it was Russsia and the US has the evidence?"

Seems like there's a crowd of people stampeding to a conclusion based on...other people stampeding to a conclusion.

It might be the right conclusion for all I know, but I haven't seen or heard anything yet I would call evidence that Ruissa did it. Have you?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I hear a lot of speculation that it's Russia, couched in oddly tentative language like "signs point to" and "bears the hallmarks of." Has anyone come out and said "it was Russsia and the US has the evidence?"

Seems like there's a crowd of people stampeding to a conclusion based on...other people stampeding to a conclusion.

It might be the right conclusion for all I know, but I haven't seen or heard anything yet I would call evidence that Ruissa did it. Have you?
    Pompeo has access to info and says it’s Russia.

But this whole rotten administration is so full of alternative facts it’s hard to know.
    Im now going to believe people Trump put in place to lie about anything? Fair point.

I figure this:
    Why would This adm lie and put Russia as the culprit when this admin constantly tried to blame China and Iran for just about everything they could. Russia was mostly hands off. Trump would have never signed sanctions against some Russian oligarchs if his party did not force his hand early on in his tenure. And then we have the supposed problem of a giant colluding deep state ready to on the current adm to drive the orange man out.

Trump has checked out on anything involving emergencies. He is still hung up on his loss and surely planning on how he will escape the storm coming his way from all directions.. Biden won’t/can’t overstep. So we probably get very little out of them. Not that we could believe Trump anyway.

So fair point. It’s hard to know what to believe with the most recent lack of honesty precedent set by the red team.

I should also add it may not be easy for the general public to understand what the evidence is. This might be due to complexity and the possibility that releasing evidence then closes the door on the ability to keep using the same techniques to continue assessing damage. Tracing hacks is not something I understand well except the possible difficulty I have mentioned above through reading. I have also read part of the investigation involves signature techniques the hackers use. And that this might not be good to make public. So I think “official” statements without the evidence required might be all we get. And “we” might not fully appreciate the evidence anyway.

If anyone can add to this twood be helpful.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    here's one weakness that was exploited, whoever discovered it might sell it to anyone

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.nytimes.com/2020/12/19/u...ack-on-us.html

here is the article that says Pompeo it sure it’s the Russians

I think it must be added that Pompeo has designs on a run for president in 2024 so he might be making his first bid to seem competent and on top of things and possibly not lying about this latest mess.

it is more compelling to me personally that this is actually accurate as this administration would actively avoid blaming the Russians for almost everything.

as far as selling the tools on the Internet it’s clear that Putin has an interesting arrangement with government and private hackers in his country.
    A profit motive is part of the deal.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish he had used less equivocal language. There's a lot of wiggle room here. It's couched as a subjective judgment and notably doesn't say that other countries weren't involved.

“I think it’s the case that now we can say pretty clearly that it was the Russians that engaged in this activity”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wish he had used less equivocal language. There's a lot of wiggle room here.
    I would emphasize that Pompeo even blaming the Russians at this time is really going out on a limb based on his previous preoccupation with China and Iran. Pompeo actually wants to get this right imo. This is not his usual berating the godless Chinese or misguided Islam in Iran. Putin has even been kind to the Russian orthodox Christians which is very important to Pompeo I would think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would emphasize that Pompeo even blaming the Russians at this time is really going out on a limb based on his previous preoccupation with China and Iran. Pompeo actually wants to get this right imo. This is not his usual berating the godless Chinese or misguided Islam in Iran. Putin has even been kind to the Russian orthodox Christians which is very important to Pompeo I would think.
    Makes sense, but that's all just reasonable inference.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Makes sense, but that's all just reasonable inference.
    Yep.

Our Secretary of State has actually decided to say it.
    This is what is notable to me.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Oh look, Trump is taking Russia's side.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

It's like a conditioned response at this point. Carry a shield for Russia, blame the Chinese and put on the victim slippers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Deserves unsavory language.

Fckn worst president in modern history.
    "Its all about me, look at me, I lost."

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pompeo blames Russia for a hack on US agencies. Trump disagrees.

https://www.vox.com/2020/12/19/22190...inds-microsoft

===============

Pompeo explains why it's 'wiser' for Trump to keep quiet about suspected Russia hack

https://theweek.com/speedreads/95622...ed-russia-hack

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derp got T-boned at an intersection on this thread.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trash is deflecting Pootin's war on USA onto China, protecting Pootin,

so Pootin will approve Trump International Tower Moscow

Trash may be surprised how much Pootin rakes off the hotel's income, but thief Trash would respect the thieving.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Pootin's cyber army may be using the cracking tools his army stole from the NG CIA

maybe even backdoors, sniffing tools for SolarWinds Orion network monitoring software.

=================

Elite CIA unit, that developed hacking tools,

failed to secure its own systems, allowing massive leak, an internal report found

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...077_story.html

Pootin bragged his boys were the best and it sure looks like it.

USA is a soft target getting de-pantsed by Iran, China, NK, Pootin.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Microsoft president sounds alarm on ‘ongoing’ SolarWinds hack,

identifies 40 more precise targets

‘This is not ‘espionage as usual,’ even in the digital age.’

https://www.theverge.com/2020/12/17/...ach-brad-smith

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The GOP should be ashamed of itself for continuing to put up with Trump's dishonestly.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The point here being, despite POTUS's assertion that matters are firmly in hand, that our networks are still compromised. The security threat is present and ongoing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (Thomas Bossert is Trump's former Counterterrorism and former Homeland Security Advisor.)

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    (Thomas Bossert is Trump's former Counterterrorism and former Homeland Security Advisor.)
    Lots of former employees.
    Happens when you get paid on TV to fire people.
    I just did not think we could have a prime time orange fool as president.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information