Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it underscores the general loss of trust in US competence and reliability.
    Not sure it’s indicative of anything. After all, Microsoft is a US vendor. Plus they have billions of reasons to work with government...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it underscores the general loss of trust in US competence and reliability.
    Pootin loves America degrading itself, withdrawing from treaties, agreements, protocols, led by the Repugs, the privatize-everything oligarchy, and of course Pootin's pet, Trash

Repugs/oligarchy strategy is to reduce the govt to dysfunction "drowned in a bathtub" so all govt functions to be taken over for profit, eg public schools, the military, "deep state" to be destroyed.

The propaganda is always St Ronnie The Diseased's

"Govt isn't the solution. Govt is the problem"

VRWC/oligarchy has been telling Amreicans what they are going to do for 40 years, Americans, disengaged, don't care, don't GAF.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 12-21-2020 at 10:22 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure it’s indicative of anything. After all, Microsoft is a US vendor. Plus they have billions of reasons to work with government...
    Drumpf's pet department heads aren't credible , period.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    has this already been memory-holed?

Scott Ritter with historical context for the anti-Russian hysteria we're about to see again:

Over the course of the past decade, the United States has spent billions of dollars building a covert cyber warfare capability targeting Russia. In 2019 this capability was used to insert malware designed to threaten Russia’s power grid and other infrastructure. This statement of fact is a necessary preamble to the recent and ongoing drama surrounding the cyberattack on U.S. computer networks, which used a previously unknown exploit linked to software operated by SolarWinds, a Texas based company that develops software for businesses to help manage their systems and information technology infrastructure.

While the SolarWinds cyber-attack appears unprecedented in its scale, it did not occur in a vacuum. Rather, it must be assessed in the context of a broader cyber conflict that has been ongoing between the U.S. and Russia for years.
    https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...nt=firefox-b-d

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SPOILER ALERT: the big reveal isn't forthcoming.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Easily ignored tbh.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Flynn is an admitted liar... this is what happens when you surround yourself with con men

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Voter fraud evidence provided by trump.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    has this already been memory-holed?

Scott Ritter with historical context for the anti-Russian hysteria we're about to see again:
    Like every war USA has lost since 1945, USA got raped by Pootin.

A ing bean counter at SolarWinds blocked financing of security developments for their products.

A top security employee was so frustrated he quit.

Capitalism and its amassing of Capital no matter the costs, that are nearly always external costs Capitalists don't pay.

So what's Ritter's policy?

no hysteria, bend over, let Pootin rape USA (while pro-Pootin Trash and his mafiya say, no nothing)?

Ritter, in his "assessment", is saying "cyber warfare with Russia is an old story, and Pootin's unprecedented rape of US govt and industry is no cause for hysteria"

As with Experian's crack which was much worse than first announced, I assume Pootin's crack of Orion will be found to be HYSTERICALLY much worse, although how bad won't be publicized.

DoD will of course LIE its ass off how badly it was raped, truth being the first casualty of war.

I suppose the SW bean counter was one of the SW execs who dumped SW stock before the news broke.
    Last edited by boutons_deux; 01-05-2021 at 07:40 AM.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Federal Judiciary’s Systems Likely Breached in SolarWinds Hack

Apparent compromise in suspected Russian attack

has put highly sensitive nonpublic court do ents at risk, officials said

https://www.wsj.com/articles/federal-judiciarys-systems-likely-breached-in-solarwinds-hack-11610040175

MAGA
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Make America Smirk Again
    My Team
    New Orleans Pelicans
    Post Count
    Space Force, baby.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Space Force, baby.
    Internet is still fine here. What was supposed to happen yesterday?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Internet is still fine here. What was supposed to happen yesterday?

rofl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    SolarWinds Officials Throw Intern Under the Bus for ‘solarwinds123’ Password Fail

former SolarWinds CEO Kevin Thompson told representatives from the
    House Oversight and Homeland Security Committees that

the “solarwinds123” password, which protected a server at the company, was “related to a mistake an intern made, and they violated our password policies.”

Thompson
    explained to lawmakers that the intern had posted the password on their own private GitHub account.

https://gizmodo.com/solarwinds-offic...ign=2021-02-28

=========================

The solarwinds story is MUCH bigger than a single password

SolarWinds Adviser Warned of Lax Security Years Before Hack

A former security adviser at the IT monitoring and network management company SolarWinds Corp. said he

warned management of cybersecurity risks and laid out a

plan to improve it that was ultimately ignored.

Ian Thornton-Trump recommended to company executives in 2017 that SolarWinds appoint a senior director of cybersecurity, and said

he told them that “the survival of the company depends on an internal commitment to security.”

The following month, he terminated his relationship with the company, saying

he believed its leadership wasn’t interested in making changes that would have “meaningful impact.”

given the cybersecurity risks at the company, they viewed a major breach as inevitable.

Their concerns about SolarWinds are shared by several cybersecurity researchers,

who discovered what they described as glaring security lapses at the company,

SolarWinds was an incredibly easy target to hack,”

“Security and trust in our software are the foundations of our commitment to our customers,”

SolarWinds didn’t put enough investment $$$$ into building a cybersecurity culture within the company.

“There was a lack of security at the technical product level, and there was minimal security leadership at the top,”

There were plenty of lessons to learn, but SolarWinds wasn’t paying attention to what was going on.”

SolarWinds appeared to prioritize the development of new software products over internal cybersecurity defenses.

Cybersecurity researchers also said they’ve discovered flaws with SolarWinds’s security practices.

technology companies such as SolarWinds that build and produce computer code often “don’t do security well.”

“Security is a cost center, not a profit center,” Williams said. “I think that probably has a lot to do with it.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-12-21/solarwinds-adviser-warned-of-lax-security-years-before-hack

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Russian hackers stole emails from Trump’s cybersecurity team:

‘We’re talking the crown jewels’

including members of its cybersecurity staff.

the hackers accessed top officials' private schedules.

the Federal Aviation Administration was also attacked, and its response was hindered by outdated technology and

was unable to identify for weeks how many of its servers were running SolarWinds.

https://www.rawstory.com/solarwinds-hack

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    topically related

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s believed this is the first known case of the FBI effectively cleaning up private networks following a cyberattack. In 2016, the Supreme Court moved to allow U.S. judges to issue search and seizure warrants outside of their district. Critics opposed the move at the time, fearing the FBI could ask a friendly court to authorized cyber-operations for anywhere in the world.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Thread Information