My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will never be as cool as the new Washington Redskins logos were though

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And lakes in Los Angeles?
    Originally from Minnesota which has a ton of lakes. My point is that the name Indian never made sense. Not the Cleveland Indians specifically. Like this is not/was not ever India so why do we still call them Indians? I mean call a Russian a Slav and see how pissed they get or a Korean a Jap. I like Cleveland Natives just fine but wtf is an Indian tbh

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Originally from Minnesota which has a ton of lakes. My point is that the name Indian never made sense. Not the Cleveland Indians specifically. Like this is not/was not ever India so why do we still call them Indians? I mean call a Russian a Slav and see how pissed they get or a Korean a Jap. I like Cleveland Natives just fine but wtf is an Indian tbh
    I think team names is a North American phenomenon. Originally done as a money grab. As mentioned above, Cleveland ownership foaming at the mouth thinking of all the new gear they will sell

I'm personally just against the cancel culture. There are two teams I still root for that have N.American imagery and I chose that as a child because it was so different and badass. Evidently the name Cleveland Spiders is popular. Good luck appealing to new fans outside of Cleveland.

My mother felt it was a sign of appreciation. This multimillion dollar company chose to be represented by Native imagery

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like the Spiders name and logo better than the Indians without even considering if the Indians name is racist.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Any thoughts from PETA on the Spiders selection?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think team names is a North American phenomenon. Originally done as a money grab. As mentioned above, Cleveland ownership foaming at the mouth thinking of all the new gear they will sell

I'm personally just against the cancel culture. There are two teams I still root for that have N.American imagery and I chose that as a child because it was so different and badass. Evidently the name Cleveland Spiders is popular. Good luck appealing to new fans outside of Cleveland.

My mother felt it was a sign of appreciation. This multimillion dollar company chose to be represented by Native imagery
    It’s only a sign of appreciation when they get your name right though. That’s more my point. Like Atlanta Braves. Cool. That’s their name. Florida Seminoles. Cool. That’s their name. Indian was never their name. They aren’t from the West Indies.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s only a sign of appreciation when they get your name right though. That’s more my point. Like Atlanta Braves. Cool. That’s their name. Florida Seminoles. Cool. That’s their name. Indian was never their name. They aren’t from the West Indies.
    Are you offended?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you offended?
    A little bit. I’d like to think we are smarter now than in 1492, but who knows. I mean Columbus also thought the world was flat and the sun revolved around the earth. He also thought that he landed in the West Indies. Not exactly a genius that I want to forever follow with his view on something. Columbus calls them Indians so we MUST do the same even 500 years later and even though we know he was completely wrong

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kansas City (Indian) Chiefs and arrowhead logo?

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Indians made no sense anyways. News flash: Columbus was wrong. This isn’t India
    Maybe since tOSU baseball sucks they should just move the Cleveland Indians to Columbus and call them the Indians there. That would make sense IMO.

Kansas City (Indian) Chiefs and arrowhead logo?
    Perfectly fine to paint Native Americans in a positive light.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I still think it would be funny to change the name to Engines, with the logo looking eerily similar to Chief Wahoo except it’s a cartoon train face.

I cannot grok its fullnes leemajors's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I still think it would be funny to change the name to Engines, with the logo looking eerily similar to Chief Wahoo except it’s a cartoon train face.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lol beisbol...

time to cancel this 'sport'... nobody cares about their 350 fans, tbh

Banned
    My Team
    New York Knicks
    Post Count

Thread Information