My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I paid for and downloaded a game from Ubisoft for Switch. Could not ever get the game to start and after a day, it said, it needed an update. So I'm in the middle of downloading the update. Which is almost as large as the first download of the game.

From what I read, I'm going to now have to sign up for an Ubisoft account to play the game.

That seems like bull .

Or is that normal?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seems so.

Making an account for x company game used to be optional and most game companies forgo that ty practice but ubisoft links their server to uplay so I think it's a most for them.

I haven't played a game from those bas s in a long time so I dont know how bad it's gotten. baseline bum ElNono Joseph Kony and Leetonidas can speak to it more than I could.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    seems so.

Making an account for x company game used to be optional and most game companies forgo that ty practice but ubisoft links their server to uplay so I think it's a most for them.

I haven't played a game from those bas s in a long time so I dont know how bad it's gotten. baseline bum ElNono Joseph Kony and Leetonidas can speak to it more than I could.
    I think what I'm pissed about is that they didn't me sign up before I paid and downloaded the game. And now I'm having to re-download it. Which because of my ty internet takes a few days because of the slow speed and constantly getting knocked off line. I should have just bought the physical copy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yep, Reck is right. Ubi is one of those companies where if you are playing their games you have to make a uplay account. i mainly play on PC, so tbh i just buy from ubi directly and play them in uplay most of the time, but even if you buy a ubi game on Steam it will still force you to play it in uplay.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's become stupid... just make a dummy account

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    its all steams fault everyone is trying to fight back with their own storefront, its one of my biggest peeves about modern pc gaming, didnt even know they did that on consoles too

you have to factor in at least another 10 minutes to launch with all the bull updates and menus and news..

i actually used a win10 pc for the first time a week ago since i still run 7 it had a driver issue with the soundcard so they asked me to take a look at it, I couldnt figure it out at first since it was fine in device manager but then i found a note in the details tab about a failed driver migration, from what i understand happened the OS updated and screwed up the .inf files so it was installing the device but not registering the hardware properly, i tried to uninstall-reinstall the driver but it would keep doing the same until i fixed the clusters with a hard drive scan - honestly i dread switching and when the time comes im switching to linux for everyday use and maybe keep a windows par ion for gaming if necessary, my only hope is for windows to get better or other OS emerge...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Haha same thing happened too me a few weeks ago when I downloaded Far Cry Blood Dragon

I downloaded it from Origin store. And game would not start. I even emailed their support. They ignored me.

If you think Steam is bad. Origin will take a in your mouth and charge you for it.

I somehow re downloaded it from Ubisoft directly and luckily I had been provided a serial #. That worked and yes I had to create a ty account which I hate.

ing origin

Steam is great because they refund you right away

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of Ubisoft, they're giving away free on PC through the 18th on UPlay. Today's game is Starlink. Don't know if it's any good, but I have gotten a few really good games for free like AC II, AC Black Flag, Far Cry Blood Dragon, and Child of Light in these giveaways.

https://register.ubisoft.com/happyho...020-day2/en-US

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speaking of Ubisoft, they're giving away free on PC through the 18th on UPlay. Today's game is Starlink. Don't know if it's any good, but I have gotten a few really good games for free like AC II, AC Black Flag, Far Cry Blood Dragon, and Child of Light in these giveaways.

https://register.ubisoft.com/happyho...020-day2/en-US
    People ting on this practice and you're here pimping for them?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    People ting on this practice and you're here pimping for them?
    LOL doesn't get free games on PoorStation

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LOL doesn't get free games on PoorStation
    Maybe you can hook me up with one of your used up PC you're not using then, .

I cant build them but I sure as would take 'em.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Maybe you can hook me up with one of your used up PC you're not using then, .

I cant build them but I sure as would take 'em.
    Sorry, my backup cpu is a crap dual core Pentium and my backup gpu is a GeForce 8400 GS that can only play Minecraft at Cyberpunk base PS4 framerates. It might literally be the worst gpu you can buy for a modern computer.

Thread Information