Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 91516171819
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Pop is trying different combinations. Have to find out what small ball line ups work.
    I could have told you a lineup of Lyles/Vassell/C. Johnson /Murray/Jones would never play well together without ever needing to see them on the court at the same time

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I could have told you a lineup of Lyles/Vassell/C. Johnson /Murray/Jones would never play well together without ever needing to see them on the court at the same time
    As a whole, yes. But what if you're trying to see how Jones would run with Murray if they're both on the court together and how Tre runs with Lyles? It doesn't mean you want to see that trio on the court together at the same time, but rather you want to see things simultaneously. Like a combination within a combination. That's how I think a coach would think.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    that was such an offensively challenged grouping. it was no shock that they couldn't get any points on the board.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    lyles was quite possibly the worst player to get on the court, for either team, last night. he was just bad in so many phases of the game. with the exception of a few nice rebounding efforts, that was a goose egg of a performance.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KBD > Lyles

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Intrigued by KBD need to see more.
    The body type fits the bill

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I think if KBD can stay healthy he will definitely take Lyles place after this season. I am pretty happy the Spurs picked him up I know there were a couple of people who wanted us to draft him so it must be destiny taking charge..lol

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah I think if KBD can stay healthy he will definitely take Lyles place after this season. I am pretty happy the Spurs picked him up I know there were a couple of people who wanted us to draft him so it must be destiny taking charge..lol
    Kind of reminds me of.... Jalen Smith.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Sounds intelligent and well-spoken. He just needs a chance.

Does this guy have his own thread yet?

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nice to see everyone else get on the wagon����.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude KBD checks all the boxes-so why is he in this position where he is scrapping for work?

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is KBD the new “savior”? I watched most of the first two games and barely remember him. Seems like a lot of ire towards Lyles is getting redirected into an altar for KBD. My guess is that neither of these guys is the answer.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan playing the four full time will not work. It's amazing to me that I have argue this after spending years arguing that DMDR could and should play PF situationally against a forum that believed he was an SG.
    To me, it’s less about DD and what works ideally, and more about accepting the reality that DD is going to be on the team and take up minutes of young prospects (Lonnie, Vassell, Keldon). So by playing DD at the 4 you are finding a way to get a young player who needs minutes onto the floor simultaneously. Until the season ends (pathetic to consider as it hasn’t even started yet) or the FO can make moves to clear a path for playing time for the young guard/wings, then I don’t see how else to do it. If they play Luka, then that negates the issue as it will be a lateral move to develop our only 4 prospect.

Of course they will likely strike an awkward balance to shoot for the playoffs and yet fail in getting the 8 seed while also failing to develop young players, but that is a situation to avoid in my opinion.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is KBD the new “savior”? I watched most of the first two games and barely remember him. Seems like a lot of ire towards Lyles is getting redirected into an altar for KBD. My guess is that neither of these guys is the answer.
    The few minutes he was in, he easily looked like he belonged on the court. Cam never made that impression to me. Same way when I watched Keldon in summer league, you just knew this kid is gonna be good. KBD moves on the court really well, unlike Trey who looks uncoordinated at times.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude KBD checks all the boxes-so why is he in this position where he is scrapping for work?
    3pt shooting. Can't survive in the league as a wing without a decent three point shot. It's either he shoots above average on spot up 3 or out of the league for him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Slow down big guy...... KBD just showed some promise��

Thread Information