Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That the left wants to redistribute wealth isn't news.
    The right has been redistributing wealth up the income scale for 50 years, the equities are totally out of whack.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    everybody who lives somewhere that taxes exists does too
    False equivalence but you operate in that realm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The right has been redistributing wealth up the income scale for 50 years, the equities are totally out of whack.
    Who forces you to give your money to the wealthy?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the uber wealthy are symptoms of a system that is too inequitable
    That's how the conversation got started. You're now using circular reasoning.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^^^^
    False equivalence but you operate in that realm.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's how the conversation got started. You're now using circular reasoning.
    nothing circular.

bad system leads to inequitable results. the existence of the super billionaires like bezos is the clearest example of that. my fixation is not on bringing out the guillotine and redistributing bezos' personal wealth. its about addressing the roots of the issue, ie through a more aggressive tax scheme to benefit the broader public

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    nothing circular.

bad system leads to inequitable results. the existence of the super billionaires like bezos is the clearest example of that. my fixation is not on bringing out the guillotine and redistributing bezos' personal wealth. its about addressing the roots of the issue, ie through a more aggressive tax scheme to benefit the broader public
    You're using the statement you're trying to prove as proof. At best you're begging the question.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Who forces you to give your money to the wealthy?
    Rent, debt, education, health care, transportation and taxes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rent, debt, education, health care, transportation and taxes
    Which of those is going to the wealthy?

"Debt" is too general a statement. Why do you owe? Who do you owe?

Healthcare costs go to a lot of people, many who work in the HC industry have to get paid.

You're saying everything you use is forcing you to give money to the wealthy. That's not a valid argument.

Taxes?

Aren't you arguing for more taxes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, the government that gives owners, lenders and employers rule and subsidy based advantages over me.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, the government that gives owners, lenders and employers rule and subsidy based advantages over me.
    So you want to better yourself at their expense?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Which of those is going to the wealthy?

"Debt" is too general a statement. Why do you owe? Who do you owe?

Healthcare costs go to a lot of people, many who work in the HC industry have to get paid.

You're saying everything you use is forcing you to give money to the wealthy. That's not a valid argument.

Taxes?

Aren't you arguing for more taxes?
    Yes, but not into a black bag, but into public goods like education, healthcare, transportation, banking/credit that reduce the costs of production and the burden that employers and workers disproportionately bear.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're using the statement you're trying to prove as proof. At best you're begging the question.
    what i'm arguing for is a solution. seems you're stuck on whether the problem exists.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The equities are too skewed in favor of the wealthy, I think that should change. YMMV.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yes, but not into a black bag, but into public goods like education, healthcare, transportation, banking/credit that reduce the costs of production and the burden that employers and workers disproportionately bear.
    You're arguing for more than more taxation. You're arguing for an overthrow.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what i'm arguing for is a solution. seems you're stuck on whether the problem exists.
    I don't believe it's a problem. I just think it's low hanging fruit that's an easily assignable cause that has little to no affect on what you're trying to achieve.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They can afford it unlike the poor and middle class that they have been used at their expense by the rich. The income gradient over time is what it is.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ARe you arguing the an rust laws and their application is an overthrow? They are literally talking about dismantling oligarchy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't believe it's a problem. I just think it's low hanging fruit that's an easily assignable cause that has little to no affect on what you're trying to achieve.
    only if the assumption is that im only interesting in policy that redistributes the net worths of specific people with net worths in the tens of billions

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I can see how using political power to prioritize public goods in the national interest might look like a revolution to you. It isn't and it needn't be. You're ting you pants over commonplaces of political reform *not necessarily favorable* to short term profit.

My argument is that state support of certain public goods is good not only for the public, but for industrial compe iveness and productivity.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ARe you arguing the an rust laws and their application is an overthrow? They are literally talking about dismantling oligarchy.
    He seems to think shifting money off the throne of power and putting the public interest there is VIOLENT REVOLT AND OVERTHROW.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC has argued in the past that society is a fiction and the common interest is ersatz. There's only individuals against a doctrinally evil state. The essential problem is how to spirit what one can to make a tolerable life for oneself from an immutably oppressive order.

Cheap cynicism fused with personal greed, elevated to a principle.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC has argued in the past that society is a fiction and the common interest is ersatz. There's only individuals against a doctrinally evil state. The essential problem is how to spirit what one can to make a tolerable life for oneself from an immutably oppressive order.

Cheap cynicism fused with personal greed, elevated to a principle.
    There's a reason so many objectivists end up killing themselves.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a reason so many objectivists end up killing themselves.
    That would explain a lot, but much of objectivism is common to various flavors of libertarianism. DMC's streak of blithe cruelty reminds me of Hans-Hermann Hoppe, but who knows where he got it. Asshole libertarianism has a thousand fathers.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    They can afford it unlike the poor and middle class that they have been used at their expense by the rich. The income gradient over time is what it is.
    So the answer is yes.

Of course, who doesn't want to change rules to better themselves?

Thread Information