Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the rich have been doing this for years, it doesn’t seem to bother you. The average wage corrected by inflation has barely moved over the years while the rich have been taking pretty much all the wealth created by the employees. You think it’s fair?
    It doesn't bother me. I just want to make sure I understand the intent. "Gets mines" is a universal motive.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Someone is salty. You should take your own advice, Nostradamus.

You don't know what is going to happen. There is a changing demographic as the boomers die off.

Your objectivist ship is sinking. Sorry it bothers you others like to talk about it.
    Star Citizen will be finished before this is ever considered.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You're overselling youself, you provide close to zero content to this forum besides your own hauteur and derision. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
    So now you're a content provider? Right up there behind ducks and Boutons Deux I suppose.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ing about the claims isn't the same as ing about the fraud. Why would you about something you don't believe happened?
    Now we’re talking semantics. Whether I believe fraud happened or not, the fact that there are people that drive that lie in detriment of democracy affects me, so I very much will about it.

Ultimately the keyword here is ‘believe’. We’re not talking facts, but opinion.

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Man, DMC is so pissed that he lost the election.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of things have affected earnings in the last 50 years. Blaming it only on tax rates is ridiculous. Besides, the stated "high" tax rates of earlier years were offset by more generous deductions and tax shelters. The effective tax rate has stayed relatively constant.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So now you're a content provider? Right up there behind ducks and Boutons Deux I suppose.
    We all are. Thanks for underscoring my point.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It doesn't bother me. I just want to make sure I understand the intent. "Gets mines" is a universal motive.
    There's the cheap cynicism and selfishness raised to principle I was talking about.

Your ideology.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of things have affected earnings in the last 50 years. Blaming it only on tax rates is ridiculous. Besides, the stated "high" tax rates of earlier years were offset by more generous deductions and tax shelters. The effective tax rate has stayed relatively constant.
    when you see income and wealth distributions, it is pretty clear where the money went. It is pretty clear as well that the "rich" won't distribute the money; perfect example with Amazon who refuses to provide health benefits to part-time employees despite record benefits. Taxation is unfortunately the only way to force this redistribution for a better society

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Now we’re talking semantics. Whether I believe fraud happened or not, the fact that there are people that drive that lie in detriment of democracy affects me, so I very much will about it.

Ultimately the keyword here is ‘believe’. We’re not talking facts, but opinion.
    It's not semantics to consider "people who drive that lie" vs "election fraud" as two completely different things. My comment was saying that Winehole will about the effects of individualism but then spout off about how he doesn't believe it exists.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's the cheap cynicism and selfishness raised to principle I was talking about.

Your ideology.
    It's your claim

so when I shut you down you just find other evil traits in those who disagree with you.

"You're overly concerned!"

"I'm not concerned"

"You're selfish!"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    when you see income and wealth distributions, it is pretty clear where the money went. It is pretty clear as well that the "rich" won't distribute the money; perfect example with Amazon who refuses to provide health benefits to part-time employees despite record benefits. Taxation is unfortunately the only way to force this redistribution for a better society
    Do you think "the rich" are a genetic group who were born on an island and developed this distance between themselves and the not-so-rich?

If you became rich, you'd be "the rich". Would you suddenly be evil like these people you're whining about?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It's not semantics to consider "people who drive that lie" vs "election fraud" as two completely different things. My comment was saying that Winehole will about the effects of individualism but then spout off about how he doesn't believe it exists.
    But the fact that some people believe that individualism exists and drive policy that affects him (or all of us) means that Wino is perfectly en led to have that ing.

Again, plenty of examples of this, ranging from religion to racism, etc

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    But the fact that some people believe that individualism exists and drive policy that affects him (or all of us) means that Wino is perfectly en led to have that ing.

Again, plenty of examples of this, ranging from religion to racism, etc
    That's not what I claimed he was ing about. I claim he es about the reality of the condition he denies exists.

He lampoons the notion that individualism rules man, but then es about being ruled by individualism.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That's not what I claimed he was ing about. I claim he es about the reality of the condition he denies exists.

He lampoons the notion that individualism rules man, but then es about being ruled by individualism.
    Because it’s clearly not an all or nothing proposition. I don’t think individualism rules all men either. I think individualism taken to certain extremes by some men (sometimes glorified) is indeed bad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it's not equitable

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    .. AND

there's NO solution, not even the slightest improvement.

The oligarchy has a crushing iron grip on the USA. There's no escape.

Last edited by boutons_deux; 01-02-2021 at 10:17 AM.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    Yeah this is just patently false bull

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah this is just patently false bull

authoritively intoned PFA bull is CC's specialty

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Do you think "the rich" are a genetic group who were born on an island and developed this distance between themselves and the not-so-rich?

If you became rich, you'd be "the rich". Would you suddenly be evil like these people you're whining about?
    I don't even understand what you're trying to say. You think that the rich become rich just because of themselves? Are they the ones manufacturing the goods and providing the services that they are selling?

The republicans are selling the tax cuts on the rich with the promise that it'll trickle down and it causes massive debt. So what's the point with continuing doing it if the outcome is bad for society?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC doesn't believe there is any such thing as society.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    recurs to the point El NoNo was making about the role of access to credit

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bloomberg seconds Zucman

Rock-bottom interest rates have fueled the biggest borrowing binge on record and even billionaires with enough cash to fill a swimming pool are loathe to sit it out… ‘Families with wealth of $100 million or more can borrow at less than 1%,’ said Dan Gimbel, principal at NEPC Private Wealth. ‘For their lifestyle, there may be things they want to purchase — a car or a boat or even a small business — and they may turn to that line of credit for those types of things rather than take money from the portfolio as they want that to be fully invested.’
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ealthy-clients

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    worth stressing again

Thread Information