Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DMC trying to make excuses for his Trump's miserable failure.

ThEy WUz gOINg 2 dIE nyWayZ!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Directly or indirectly but still attributed to covid. Whether it's the Healthcare system swamped or people scared to get checked up or the actual covid itself. All by not being able to get covid under control to begin with. This ing administration has been pushing for herd immunity from the get go and what you see is the results you ing moron.
    So you moved the goalpost. Get your together before you make another RG level post.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I never said Covid deaths you ing moron.
    If it's wholly attributed to COVID, there were no other underlying causes for death.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This disease has been a disaster for our country because people get very sick and sometimes die. This many extra deaths worldwide and people seeking medical aid worldwide is most likely not a statistical anomaly.

but you think it is. statistically you are trying to roll with the losing hand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As boomers begin to die off, even the CDC has predicted a pretty sharp increase in the death rate through 2035.
    When was the last time the US saw such a large e in deaths, year over year?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    When was the last time the US saw such a large e in deaths, year over year?
    Speak to your boy RG about varying death rates. I don't care to chase your red herring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The guy is an idiot.
    But but but meh retes.
    dabom 2.0

Alleged Michigander ChumpDumper's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    only DMC could try to call the topic of the thread a red herring.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Speak to your boy RG about varying death rates. I don't care to chase your red herring.
    1918-1919, in case you were wondering.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You forget its likely that many ppl died of other maladies due to being afraid to go to dr or hospital. Or waiting until too late. Also im sure suicides were up

I agree most of these deaths are due to pandemic but not strictly due to covid disease

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Being American should be considered a comorbidity given our broken federal government and broken healthcare system.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Love them sine curve thighs.

My Team
    Boston Celtics
    Post Count
    The fact our federal government classifies pizza as a vegetable (thanks Elena Klobuchar for that one) is related to this^ tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    As boomers begin to die off, even the CDC has predicted a pretty sharp increase in the death rate through 2035. You cannot simply consider the death rate as a flat, unchanging figure and then add deaths to it and associate all of those above the previous mark as unreported COVID deaths. Well you can, some here have, but many of you are clueless.
    https://www.census.gov/library/stori...rs-deaths.html
    That's just it. The assumption was that the death rate for 2020 was going to rise anyway. An increase in mortality was already factored in.

(edit)

https://knoema.com/atlas/United-Stat...ica/Death-rate

We were due for about a 1.19% rise in the death rate before all this happened. Death rates are pretty stable, year to year, pandemics aside.
    Last edited by RandomGuy; 02-15-2021 at 01:27 PM. Reason: links and source material

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a difference in how the reporting schemes are working between non-novel diseases and COVID-19. Many states have openly stated they are reporting these cases if the person tested positive for COVID-19 . Dying with something and dying from something are two different things.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    3309321-358330=2950991

2950991/2876947= 1.0257

2.57% increase more than twice what was predicted. Odds are pretty good that a fair part of that increase was due to unconfirmed/diagnosed COVID 19.

Especially given that flu itself has been almost non-existent this year.

In the third week of 2021, clinical laboratories nationwide tested 23,549 specimens for influenza. Of those, just 0.3 percent (65 tests) turned up positive — a number that is, to put it mildly, absolutely wild.

“Normally, this time of year, we’d be running 20 to 30 percent positive,” said Lynnette Brammer, the head of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s Domestic Influenza Surveillance team.
    https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...re-it-started/

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    There's a difference in how the reporting schemes are working between non-novel diseases and COVID-19. Many states have openly stated they are reporting these cases if the person tested positive for COVID-19 . Dying with something and dying from something are two different things.
    Many states, like Texas, have been underreporting by only counting absolutely 100% confirmed cases in their numbers, and not trying to estimate an unconfirmed number. Also means that the COVID number, if not accounting for that factor, are almost certainly underreported for that reason.

Makes it harder to do state-by-state comparisons.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    This is just another tired talking point by conservatives to downplay the disease.

The raw difference in deaths, regardless of cause, is +433 thousand. In previous years, the increase ranged between +4K and +63K per year. Pretty simple math.

Regardless of whether you believe the actual "COVID death count" is accurate, it's plainly obvious that COVID resulted in historically high death toll. Unless you just don't believe the total deaths number.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    500k sounds about right. only about a 33% undercount or so at the moment. Be interested to see what the peer-reivewed papers will come up with.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This is just another tired talking point by conservatives to downplay the disease.

The raw difference in deaths, regardless of cause, is +433 thousand. In previous years, the increase ranged between +4K and +63K per year. Pretty simple math.

Regardless of whether you believe the actual "COVID death count" is accurate, it's plainly obvious that COVID resulted in historically high death toll. Unless you just don't believe the total deaths number.
    Total deaths is one of THE most accurate numbers we have for any health statistic.

It is amusing to watch "conservatives" (not sure what the they are conserving these days) squirm when you point this out.

"if it isn't COVID, then present a plausible alternative"

They invariably puss out. Or like Snakeboy tell you "I saw an error in your calculation, but because I don't like you won't tell you what it is" (i.e. the "girlfriend in Canada")

It would be funny but these assclowns vote.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2020 US life expectancy dropped by a full year, about twice that for non-white Hispanic folks and 2.7 years for black folk.

US life expectancy has fallen four of the last five years.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/02/18/health/life-expectancy-fell-pandemic/index.html

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    good comparative info with other causes of death

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...s-that-kill-us

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This thing will kill more people than a decades long AIDS epidemic before the end of this year. wow.

Thread Information