Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    Grealish had ten dribbles in thirty-six minutes last game. He seems to be a catalyst and a guy who can open up the field.
    But it's clear to me that Southgate prefers a different style and doesn't like him being a centerpiece of the offense (in this tournament).
    Ultimately I think Southgate will use Grealish as his joker off the bench, I think he still has a role to play in the final

My Team
    Real Madrid CF
    Post Count
    This is true.
    Grealish does lack speed but he gets his time on the ball and pushes opponents off of him because he is very good in tight spots and has quickness over small distances. Very good with his body in covering the ball as well, which is why he gets fouled so much, especially on the run where he is slow. He can still keep defenders off because the ball is always close to him.
    I think the Italian defenders are good enough to take the ball of off Saka. The strength is his problem, he is just a kid. Should be an interesting game. I am hoping for an early goal for England to open up the game a bit. I think England are much more shaky than Italy in defense and if Southgate stops insisting England go forward a goal up, the Italians will score. Continually giving the ball to Pickford in the back to heave out the ball off the field or down the field, when they could go forward easily, just gives the ball up and will create constant pressure. Pressure can be taken off by having the ball in the opponents half and third. Southgate does not like the bolder approach, he wants England to win without any thought of dominating in a win. Or at least thats what the players appear to take from him. This England team has more capable midfielders and guys in front than they have had for a very long time. Shaw, Maguire, Stones, Walker... with Walker the weakest with the ball (but an absolute sprinter on recovery) is also good back row. Bold approach, they have the team to do it.
    I expect Italy to put pressure on Declan Rice playing in front of the back. See if he breaks. I would also put pressure on Walkers side of the field when in Englands third and not breaking away. He is not quick, can get beaten from a quick start guy. Walker is however, very strong, so it takes some guile. I think Italy has that.
    ay
    If any change is made, I think Henderson may start. He is clearly the team leader. He is giving the speeches and pointing to spots when he has played.

Now I wish for a thorough discussion of Argentina v. Brazil besides the past results. Players change, results can change. Thank you and I will read as I have not been able to watch as many of the recordings at night of this tourney. Somebody take it in the other thread.

Oh. I almost forgot. It will be fun watching C ini try to beat up Kane. He has done it before with Juve.
    Holy that was a long post
    but a good one

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    England will get their scoring chances. No need to buy into the hype about Italy's defense.
    Technically England didn't even score against Denmark in over 120 minutes of action. Own goal and "penalty"

Against Ukraine 2nd goal wasn't scored til after half and required Kane's signature flop along the sidelines

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Technically England didn't even score against Denmark in over 120 minutes of action. Own goal and "penalty"

Against Ukraine 2nd goal wasn't scored til after half and required Kane's signature flop along the sidelines
    Yea, this is why I think it's been a huge mistake to not start Grealish. England has sort of lucked out (in a manner of speaking) by over relying on Kane/Sterling.
    It's ridiculous that Kane's backup is from a relegated Scottish club when they have two world class strikers like Jamie Vardy and Danny Ings in their ranks.
    Gonna be a shame how much praise is heaped on Southgate if England wins. If they win, it's in spite of him IMO.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count

The own goal was in either way, hardly any way for a defender to get a ball on the ground placed that close to the goal out at that speed, and Sterling was right on top of it. That was a good offensive play for England.

The penalty was crap.

England had plenty of chances taking the ball forward after that, especially in extra time. Goals could have come extraordinarily easily if they had played forward instead of to the goalie. The Danes were absolutely exhausted.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    The own goal was in either way, hardly any way for a defender to get a ball on the ground placed that close to the goal out at that speed, and Sterling was right on top of it. That was a good offensive play for England.

The penalty was crap.

England had plenty of chances taking the ball forward after that, especially in extra time. Goals could have come extraordinarily easily if they had played forward instead of to the goalie. The Danes were absolutely exhausted.
    England more or less operated on their own terms. The odds of the Danes pitching a shutout weren't too high.
    But there's a danger in not having the pistons revving high enough. England over reliant on a conservative approach.
    They could've been an overwhelming favorite otherwise.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count

My Team
    Club Tijuana
    Post Count
    Lol @ nation that boos other European anthems but kneels like americans. off kunts.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Lol @ nation that boos other European anthems but kneels like americans. off kunts.
    And it's England who pulled more COVID 1984 sh** than anyone. That's why almost no Italians will be the stands.

England been f*cking ya'll over for centuries, tbh.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Blaming it on an energy drink and not the poison injection he (likely) had administered.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Schmeichel overplayed the near post shot and let that ball get across his box.
    Unfortunately, goalkeepers do that all too often.
    But yea, once it got across, England's chances were pretty good.
    They were great if that pass had been delivered on time. Sterling had three-four yards on the defenders.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count