Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 354142434445
Results 1,101 to 1,118 of 1118
    6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    I have some ideas on this one.
    Grealish was a bit of a joker. Example:

Phil Foden (young guy bit of a hot head) was given about not winning the champions league in a sideways manner in front of Jordon Henderson (a leader on the English team who had won the le with Liverpool) by Grealish putting Henderson in an akward position and pissing Foden off. I think Grealish pulled a number of things like this around the boys, trying to see who had hard feelings kinda jock thing that goes on all the time on these types of teams. imo Southgate did not like Grealish and the joking. Southgate was all for unity and respect.

Grealish definitely has an at ude. But there is no doubting his level of skill and the creativity he could have brought to the team, especially uninjured and fully fit.
    It's perhaps something like this or just not liking big egos and hot dogs in general.
    I don't think it's very rational though. Just about everyone and their dog was wondering why no Grealish, especially for the start of the final.

my unders, my frgn whites pgardn's Avatar
    My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    It's perhaps something like this or just not liking big egos and hot dogs in general.
    I don't think it's very rational though. Just about everyone and their dog was wondering why no Grealish, especially for the start of the final.
    I totally agree.
    I love to watch the guy play.
    I really wish he did not get hurt. That last game he played in the PL was so that he would get picked. He did not show the same movement he had before he was injured.
    Hopefully he does not get lost on Manchester City if he gets picked up like poor Lefty's Mahrez did his first year. You go to a team like that and you have got to work your ass off. Sometimes I like these players to play on lesser teams because they are really allowed a lot of freedom to create, and not fear getting pulled.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    I totally agree.
    I love to watch the guy play.
    I really wish he did not get hurt. That last game he played in the PL was so that he would get picked. He did not show the same movement he had before he was injured.
    Hopefully he does not get lost on Manchester City if he gets picked up like poor Lefty's Mahrez did his first year. You go to a team like that and you have got to work your ass off. Sometimes I like these players to play on lesser teams because they are really allowed a lot of freedom to create, and not fear getting pulled.
    Grealish had some majestic and timely goals for Aston Villa. At 25 and heading into a monster transfer, this was his time to shine.
    I hate to see a national team manager pulling this sh** (making it personal).
    Not the same situation, but Jurgen Klinsmann got butthurt about Landon Donovan and arrogantly left him of the 2014 WC squad.
    It probably cost us a quarterfinal appearance. We had Wondo kicking the ball over the bar from mere feet away instead of Donovan doing what he does and burying the big shot.
    And even if we had kept a deserving Wondo on the squad, it was really sad watching a very limited Brad Davis instead of an all-time and extremely capable LD in action.
    Even the Julian Green selection was a serious slap in the face. These things happen when personal pride trumps merit.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Grealish had some majestic and timely goals for Aston Villa. At 25 and heading into a monster transfer, this was his time to shine.
    I hate to see a national team manager pulling this sh** (making it personal).
    Not the same situation, but Jurgen Klinsmann got butthurt about Landon Donovan and arrogantly left him of the 2014 WC squad.
    It probably cost us a quarterfinal appearance. We had Wondo kicking the ball over the bar from mere feet away instead of Donovan doing what he does and burying the big shot.
    And even if we had kept a deserving Wondo on the squad, it was really sad watching a very limited Brad Davis instead of an all-time and extremely capable LD in action.
    Even the Julian Green selection was a serious slap in the face. These things happen when personal pride trumps merit.
    Eddie Johnson too. He was our main striker besides Altidore (and Dempsey). He was money in qualifying. Klinsmann didn't like him being a hot shot though.
    And Altidore pulled his hammy in the first twenty minutes of the first game and instead of having a backup striker, we were left with an auxiliary striker (Dempsey) and a striker (Green) that JK wouldn't even play b/c he had no faith in him and only had him on the team as part of a backroom deal to get him to a WC sooner if he chose USA. Even still, Green over Davies would've left us covered. But JK was our own Southgate and thought his ego was the most important thing.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count

This fake news that Karen hater was touting. They couldn't find real people to tweet.
    They're quoting a tweeter called Master Bator.
    Couldn't even find one angry "racist" spouting stuff into the camera at their darkest moment.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Anyone else think England would've won if Rashford just buried the f'ing shot?

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    Face diaper wearer choked. No amount of virtue signaling gonna change that.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count
    This half-marathon runner wasn't as lucky as Christian Eriksen.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    This half-marathon runner wasn't as lucky as Christian Eriksen.

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Long distance runners die all the time, young and old, especially this time of year.
    But a famous soccer player almost dies, you immediately assume Covid vaccine.
    JUST BECAUSE it involves a famous athlete. Congrats on finding this. Now go back and find all the incidents involving EXACTLY the same problem before the vaccine and make up a story about other vaccines how about.

Do you know soccer and long distance runners keeled over all the time BEFORE the vaccine?

You...
    Are an idiot...
    Last edited by pgardn; 08-23-2021 at 11:49 AM.

My Team
    --- Clubs
    Post Count
    Now back on subject.

Tottenham looked absolutely pitiful in beating Wolves 1-0.
    Harry Kane actually came on, had shot on goal but tried to nutmeg the goalie.

Wolverhampton controlled the ball the entire game in an effort and physical nature far and above Tottenham's halfhearted play after losing to some unknown European team in a useless UEFA compe ion on Thursday. Hopefully they were just trying to drop out early so they dont have to waste what little depth they have when it comes to more important compe ions like the actually league and the FA cup.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    England
    Post Count

Saka had literally never taken a PK in the senior compe ion until the one that decided the Euro Cup.

The , Southgate?

Thread Information