My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump's attempt to steal the election in court by challenging votes in cities/counties with large African American populations, if the lawsuit against him is successful, could end tying the hands of the RNC in future elections for some time.

As mentioned in the article, a consent decree on the RNC related to voter intimidation was lifted just two years ago.

On Tuesday, a voting rights group filed a lawsuit that accuses Trump and the Republican National Committee of conspiring to violate the rights of Black voters. The lawsuit doesn’t just ask the judge to stop Trump and the GOP from taking any more steps to overturn or undermine the election results this year; the challengers are also asking for an order that could force the president and the RNC to get court approval before demanding recounts or participating in other “post-election activities” in the future
    .https://www.buzzfeednews.com/amphtml...ter-fraud-lies
    Last edited by Winehole23; 12-22-2020 at 07:17 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump could be sued for defamation:

Dominion sent a retraction demand to Powell on Dec. 16 and mentioned that the Trump campaign could face legal fallout, too. CNN reported that the Trump campaign had notified staffers to preserve do ents in case it got hit with a lawsuit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Trump's lawyers face legal sanction and could have their licenses revoked:

Powell, Trump campaign lawyer Rudy Giuliani, and other lawyers involved in Republicans’ postelection legal fights are facing personal exposure too. Michigan Attorney General Dana Nessel announced on Tuesday that her office planned to file bar complaints against Powell and other lawyers involved in unsuccessful lawsuits against state and local election officials and would seek sanctions in court, according to Bridge Michigan. Rep. Bill Pascrell, a New Jersey Democrat, announced last month that he’d filed bar complaints against Giuliani and other lawyers representing Trump and Republicans

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tl;dr

if the NAACP gets the relief it's asking for, there will be federal preclearance for GOP election challenges going forward.

Thread Information