My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    It can be as a starter, back-up, or just out of the league entirely...

Trevor Lawrence
    Justin Fields
    Kyle Trask
    Trey Lance
    Zach Wilson
    Mac Jones
    Cam Newton
    Sam Darnold
    Josh Rosen
    Ben Roethlisberger
    Gardner Minshew II
    Philip Rivers
    Derek Carr
    Carson Wentz
    Dak Prescott
    Matthew Stafford
    Mitc Trubisky
    Matt Ryan
    Drew Brees
    Tom Brady
    Teddy Bridgewater
    Jimmy Garoppalo

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    It can be as a starter, back-up, or just out of the league entirely...

Trevor Lawrence
    Justin Fields
    Kyle Trask
    Trey Lance
    Zach Wilson
    Mac Jones
    Cam Newton
    Sam Darnold
    Josh Rosen
    Ben Roethlisberger
    Gardner Minshew II
    Philip Rivers
    Derek Carr
    Carson Wentz
    Dak Prescott
    Matthew Stafford
    Mitc Trubisky
    Matt Ryan
    Drew Brees
    Tom Brady
    Teddy Bridgewater
    Jimmy Garoppalo
    Trevor Lawrence - Jaguars Starting QB
    Justin Fields - Falcons Backup QB - May be promoted to starter eventually in 2021 season - or immediate starter if they cut Ryan for cap reasons
    Kyle Trask - Patriots Starting QB. Tall, Slow and Brady / Jimmy G like
    Trey Lance - Panthers Starting QB
    Zach Wilson - Broncos Backup QB
    Mac Jones - Jets Backup QB - will be taken a little later
    Cam Newton - Out of the NFL in start of 2021 season; will wait for some injury to sign contract
    Sam Darnold - Jets Starting QB
    Josh Rosen - 49ers Backup QB
    Ben Roethlisberger - Steelers Starting QB
    Gardner Minshew II - Jaguars Backup QB
    Philip Rivers - Retired
    Derek Carr - Raiders Starting QB
    Carson Wentz - Colts Starting QB
    Dak Prescott - 49ers Starting QB
    Matthew Stafford - Broncos Starting QB
    Mitc Trubisky - Bears Starting QB (franchise tag or "prove it" deal) - Foles will be traded to Eagles IMO
    Matt Ryan - Falcons Starting QB, unless cut; in which case he could go to a place like Denver, Detroit, New York or Washington.
    Drew Brees - Saints Starting QB - one more year
    Tom Brady - Buccaneers Starting QB - couple more years at least
    Teddy Bridgewater - Panthers Backup QB
    Jimmy Garoppolo - Lions Starting QB

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    No way Brees plays one more year. In fact, I'm not even sure he finishes this one.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    No way Brees plays one more year. In fact, I'm not even sure he finishes this one.
    Payton would stick with Hill and Winston tbh.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    too much work

Brees will retire. I think Ben, Carr, Stafford, Ryan, Brady all stay put with their teams. will have to think on the other vets. the rookies will be hard to gauge based on how the draft order shakes up.

on that front, Zach Wilson's highlight reel is really fun to watch. Reminds me of watching Carr's college footage, but more athletic. probably wont really go looking into the rookie class until post-combine

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    too much work

Brees will retire. I think Ben, Carr, Stafford, Ryan, Brady all stay put with their teams. will have to think on the other vets. the rookies will be hard to gauge based on how the draft order shakes up.

on that front, Zach Wilson's highlight reel is really fun to watch. Reminds me of watching Carr's college footage, but more athletic. probably wont really go looking into the rookie class until post-combine
    WTF are you talking about? I did it, even on a work day while working from home. #YouCanDoIt

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Justin Fields - Falcons Backup QB - May be promoted to starter eventually in 2021 season - or immediate starter if they cut Ryan for cap reasons
    Cam Newton - Out of the NFL in start of 2021 season; will wait for some injury to sign contract
    Philip Rivers - Retired
    Mitc Trubisky - Bears Starting QB (franchise tag or "prove it" deal) - Foles will be traded to Eagles IMO
    Matt Ryan - Falcons Starting QB, unless cut; in which case he could go to a place like Denver, Detroit, New York or Washington.
    No way Rivers retires, he loves the game too much and sees these other QBs in their 40s. He's in for another year

Dak on the 9ers, interesting.

Wentz doubt he starts anywhere after he gave up on his team like that

Ryan on the Browns or Cardinals would be amazing. Too bad they stick with QBs who can't see over the line.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Philip Rivers - Retired
    I'm not going to go through this player by player but there's no way the Falcon's cut Ryan. They'd eat a billion dollars.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I'm not going to go through this player by player but there's no way the Falcon's cut Ryan. They'd eat a billion dollars.
    Still, Justin Fields as a long-term option instead of Schaub or whoever else they have is a much better long term solution for a franchise that's petered out ever since the epic SB collapse.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    only way I see Breesus retiring is if the Saints win the Super Bowl. 52 points for the Saints today to clinch the division.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Still, Justin Fields as a long-term option instead of Schaub or whoever else they have is a much better long term solution for a franchise that's petered out ever since the epic SB collapse.
    They’ve got a decent QB. They have too many other gaping holes to use that pick on Fields while they’re locked in to Ryan.

My Team
    Carolina Panthers
    Post Count
    Carson Wentz's career as a starter is over IMO.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    No way Rivers retires, he loves the game too much and sees these other QBs in their 40s. He's in for another year

Dak on the 9ers, interesting.

Wentz doubt he starts anywhere after he gave up on his team like that

Ryan on the Browns or Cardinals would be amazing. Too bad they stick with QBs who can't see over the line.
    Philip Rivers - Retired
    ~Millennial Messiah~

Though I got Stafford totally wrong; to be fair, nobody really thought Jared Goff and the Rams were on the market, tbh.

My Team
    Buffalo Bills
    Post Count
    I don’t understand why there isn’t some Watson for Dak trade momentum. It solves a major issue for both teams, and they both retain top 10 QB’s.

Maybe Watson for Dak & Lamb, who says no?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I don’t understand why there isn’t some Watson for Dak trade momentum. It solves a major issue for both teams, and they both retain top 10 QB’s.

trading Lamb.

If it has to be trading a WR, we'll do Dak & Gallup for Watson straight up, or even throw in one of our 4th or 5th round comp picks this year as a bonus. I like Gallup very much, but he has shown when given the opportunity that he's not a pure #1 WR even though he's a streaky guy who can string together a lot of catches in a row and make tough sideline catches as well. The problem with Gallup for Dallas is that he's on a contract year and not a first round pick, so the Cowboys will have a tough time keeping him with a monster QB contract, expensive HB and OL, and even if we cut a Jaylon Smith we'll probably be using that savings to bring back his eventual replacement in Vander Esch.

Imagine the Cowboys with Watson, Lamb, Cooper, and one of the top WRs like Chase or Smith from this year's class. And the Dallas O-Line back healthy... dayum. But instead we'll probably use that pick #10 on one of the blue-chip corners like Surtain or Farley, which is fine with me.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

I can't see them giving Lamb up with his cheap contract. Gallup is going to be due decent money. And from what I understand, Cooper's contract will be fairly easy to get out from under.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I can't see them giving Lamb up with his cheap contract. Gallup is going to be due decent money. And from what I understand, Cooper's contract will be fairly easy to get out from under.
    I think Gallup is worth WR2 money. He's the kind of guy who does best when drawing the second or third best corner / secondary coverage as opposed to the bracket coverage. He's great at sideline catches and keeping his feet in bounds. He makes crazy spectacular catches and then stupidly drops some of the easy ones. He's streaky and can go for 110 yards and two TDs in a quarter and then not get another catch for 6 quarters of game time. He's a prototypical WR2. If he gets offered WR1 / Cooper type money he'll be gone and the team that overpays him will have buyer's remorse. He's a good player but not a great one.

There's nothing about Gallup's game that really distinguishes him from the next guy or makes him stand out. He's pretty fast, but he doesn't have elite speed. He's good at making difficult catches but drops easy open ones, too. (He doesn't Moss DBs at an insane rate, either, just a small handful of times per season.) He has one 1000+ yard season and two good ones. He's not a volume red-zone threat, but he's decent at scoring TDs. He's not the 3rd down reliable go-to guy possession receiver; that's Cooper. He's not super flashy and exciting like Lamb. He's just a good quality NFL WR2.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Btw monosylab1k called it tbh. TB 2 TB & Trump Dump`t.

"Trump won in a landslide" = "the earth is flat".

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Really really hope the Texans stand their ground. NBA and NFL losing the importance of the name on the front of jersey

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Really really hope the Texans stand their ground. NBA and NFL losing the importance of the name on the front of jersey
    what, to make some principled stand at the detriment of their on-field product? watson is already rich. he can take a year off, and even though his contract tolls, the guaranteed portion of his salary would still count against the cap. then what, have the same song and dance next offseason? why do that if you can move him for multiple first round picks?

and sure they could go after him for the guaranteed money if he doesnt play, but thats not really the type of organization thats going to attract big names in free agency

if he's too high maintenance for them (possibly a fair criticism), then they should move him to a team that thinks they can deal with him

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    what, to make some principled stand at the detriment of their on-field product? watson is already rich. he can take a year off, and even though his contract tolls, the guaranteed portion of his salary would still count against the cap. then what, have the same song and dance next offseason? why do that if you can move him for multiple first round picks?

and sure they could go after him for the guaranteed money if he doesnt play, but thats not really the type of organization thats going to attract big names in free agency

if he's too high maintenance for them (possibly a fair criticism), then they should move him to a team that thinks they can deal with him
    I am speaking thru the scope of a sports fan. I root for the 49ers, not player X. I know this distinction is flipped in the NBA.

Your breakdown is accurate. And he will likely be dealt. Wilson is now complaining because he doesn't "have a seat at the table". This is fueled by social change. NFL moving in the direction of the NBA is a bad decision IMO. Rivalries over Superstars is the formula that has succeeded but it is clear the NFL is changing. Likely rooted in head collisions. If you decide to make the game less physical then you better make it offensive star focused. In that case these players will now assert themselves against management.
    Last edited by FrostKing; 02-28-2021 at 08:32 PM.

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    I am speaking thru the scope of a sports fan. I root for the 49ers, not player X. I know this distinction is flipped in the NBA.

Your breakdown is accurate. And he will likely be dealt. Wilson is now complaining because he doesn't "have a seat at the table". This is fueled by social change. NFL moving in the direction of the NBA is a bad decision IMO. Rivalries over Superstars is the formula that has succeeded but it is clear the NFL is changing. Likely rooted in head collisions. If you decide to make the game less physical then you better make it offensive star focused. In that case these players will now assert themselves against management.
    honestly, i think top flight QBs should have a seat at the table. they are what makes their franchises relevant.

Also would like to see Texans take stand.
    Yes they suck, but you can't have players forcing their way out on strictly their terms.
    Now if you get some great offer in return, great.

We'll see if any player ever takes a principled stand again, ala Barry Sanders.

Thread Information