Dolphins looked amazing once they benched Trent Edwards 2.0

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    well that was something

My Team
    Oakland Raiders
    Post Count
    Gruden coached a poor game overall. questionable 4th down attempt on their own half of the field, running booker almost as much as jacobs despite jacobs not being hurt as far as we know.

but call me a contrarian but i dont think the FG vs TD decision was a poor one. obviously it is in hindsight if you know you're going to give up 50 yards + a clock stoppage in less than 10 seconds. but the few places i've looked showed a win probability of less than 1% for miami after the kickoff.

being up a TD with just over a minute to go... i mean that would still be good odds. would it be more than 99%?

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Dolphins looked amazing once they benched Trent Edwards 2.0
    I tuned out after not being able to watch Tua up the simplest of checkdowns and 10 yard in route throws. Then I get this nfl.com gift of a headline:

Fitzpatrick leads Dolphins to win

Thank you Jesus! You have come through yet again.

The real get rewarded. The fake get exposed.

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Dolphins beat the Bills in Week 17 (Bills likely nothing to play for)
    Browns beat the Jets in Week 16
    Colts beat Pittsburgh
    Pittsburgh beats Browns in week 17

Browns finish 11-5 and miss the playoffs... when does that ever happen? That would be the most epic Browns ending a Browns season in eternity, and that would be saying something.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count

oh damn...this is better than even I expected.

My Team
    San Francisco 49ers
    Post Count
    Browns lose top 4 receivers for Sunday's game vs. Jets after recovery pool encounters

https://www.nfl.com/news/browns-lose...ry-pool-encoun

Wide receivers Jarvis Landry, Rashard Higgins, Donovan Peoples-Jones and KhaDarel Hodge landed on the reserve/COVID-19 list Saturday, along with Goodson and linebacker Jacob Phillips. The only receiver left on the active roster is Marvin Hall, who hasn't played a snap for the Browns since they claimed him off waivers a few weeks ago. They elevated receivers Ja'Marcus Bradley and Derrick Willies, as well as linebacker Montrel Meander, from the practice squad.

looks like I'm starting Kareem Hunt in fantasy!

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Browns lose top 4 receivers for Sunday's game vs. Jets after recovery pool encounters

https://www.nfl.com/news/browns-lose...ry-pool-encoun

Wide receivers Jarvis Landry, Rashard Higgins, Donovan Peoples-Jones and KhaDarel Hodge landed on the reserve/COVID-19 list Saturday, along with Goodson and linebacker Jacob Phillips. The only receiver left on the active roster is Marvin Hall, who hasn't played a snap for the Browns since they claimed him off waivers a few weeks ago. They elevated receivers Ja'Marcus Bradley and Derrick Willies, as well as linebacker Montrel Meander, from the practice squad.

looks like I'm starting Kareem Hunt in fantasy!
    eh... as long as they still have Mayfield, Hunt, Chubb and their tight ends, and most of their defense, they'll beat the Jets. WR really isn't the strength of their team anyway with OBJ out.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    eh... as long as they still have Mayfield, Hunt, Chubb and their tight ends, and most of their defense, they'll beat the Jets. WR really isn't the strength of their team anyway with OBJ out.
    You as a Cowboy fan should know exactly what it means to have a good RB but no receiving weapons.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Gruden coached a poor game overall. questionable 4th down attempt on their own half of the field, running booker almost as much as jacobs despite jacobs not being hurt as far as we know.

but call me a contrarian but i dont think the FG vs TD decision was a poor one. obviously it is in hindsight if you know you're going to give up 50 yards + a clock stoppage in less than 10 seconds. but the few places i've looked showed a win probability of less than 1% for miami after the kickoff.

being up a TD with just over a minute to go... i mean that would still be good odds. would it be more than 99%?
    Yeah neither do I. I'd rather give them 23 seconds or whatever and no timeouts to go 50 yards for a FG attempt vs almost 2 minutes to get a touchdown. The Dolphins were clearly trying to let him score too. If he goes in for a TD, you already know the announcers would be saying "Oh did he leave too much time on the clock? The Dolphins probably weren't too keen on stopping him blah blah blah"...& then he'd get blasted the next day anyway if Miami would've driven down for the game winning TD

Not sure how similar the situation was, but pretty sure that happened to Gurley earlier in the year. Tried to fall down in front of the goalline but accidentally fell in for the touchdown. Then the other team had just enough time to drive down for the game winning touchdown as time expired

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    You as a Cowboy fan should know exactly what it means to have a good RB but no receiving weapons.
    But Mayfield > Prescott and Myles Garrett/Denzel Ward >>> any DE/CB combo that the Cowboys ever had in the Garrett era.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Yeah neither do I. I'd rather give them 23 seconds or whatever and no timeouts to go 50 yards for a FG attempt vs almost 2 minutes to get a touchdown. The Dolphins were clearly trying to let him score too. If he goes in for a TD, you already know the announcers would be saying "Oh did he leave too much time on the clock? The Dolphins probably weren't too keen on stopping him blah blah blah"...& then he'd get blasted the next day anyway if Miami would've driven down for the game winning TD

Not sure how similar the situation was, but pretty sure that happened to Gurley earlier in the year. Tried to fall down in front of the goalline but accidentally fell in for the touchdown. Then the other team had just enough time to drive down for the game winning touchdown as time expired
    Yeah. 19 seconds actually.

The problem was the defensive execution, not so much the time management. Sure, instead of taking a knee, Carr could have squirmed around, gone back a little ways and taken even more time off, but that wouldn't have changed the outcome in fact... the problem was Gruden not playing prevent defense in a situation that called for it with 19 seconds and zero timeouts.

Any catch over the middle and out of bounds would have either resulted in

a) the game being over if the ball was caught and downed too far into Raiders territory/close to FG range, or

b) a shorter completion in bounds would have given Fitzpatrick one shot at a hail mary, which obviously heavily favors the defensive team.

The one thing you CAN'T give up is a deep completion to the sideline and the out-of-bounds. And a facemask penalty to boot? There's a reason Arden Key fell to the 4th round or whatever... so undisciplined.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Not many exciting games in the early window, so therefore Mahomes vs anybody is the best game to watch.

The Golden Goddess TheCultOfPersonality's Avatar
    My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    The Jets opening drive scoring streak is officially over.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Trubisky has looked good all year; don't know why they benched him in the first place. They could have won the North if they didn't.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Bears absolutely must re-sign or tag Trubisky. Trade Foles back to the Eagles.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    I don't think Trubisky is necessarily a better QB than Foles, he's just better for the Bears and their scheme, especially with all the bootlegs and play action / Rams / Niners style offense.

Foles is perfect for a Doug Pederson or Bruce Arians offense, i.e. drop back and throw, but the Bears don't have the O-Line or weapons for that style of QB to succeed. Thus Trubisky works for the Bears and Foles for the Eagles.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    The Jets opening drive scoring streak is officially over.
    Side note, I'm pretty sure Jacksonville fans are sweating every time their team scores even a field goal or makes a stop on defense these last two weeks.

My Team
    Green Bay Packers
    Post Count
    Trubisky has looked good all year; don't know why they benched him in the first place. They could have won the North if they didn't.
    Lol

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Steelers are a quality running team now.

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    an up tonight boys!!

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    San Diego Chargers
    Post Count
    Wow, so Alex Smith and Terry Mclaurin are both out against the Panthers? Big news for the Cowboys as a WFT win today would eliminate Dallas from the division le. Looked like a sure thing, but w/ Haskins at QB and no real threat at WR, not sure how they move the ball at all. Carolina has a legit show to win now.

If Dulla$$ wins today, they could very well be playing in a "win and in" game at The Bot's house next week ironically

My Team
    Kansas City Chiefs
    Post Count
    Why would You have anyone other than Mahomes throwing passes?

My Team
    Dallas Cowboys
    Post Count
    Dumb trick play by Fat Reid, but even dumber decision by Keanu Neal to pick it off instead of letting it drop to the ground; 'twas 4th down. Unless he's actually trying to tank, of course.

Thread Information