Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka taking a wet on the forum

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Answered got State and Curry every time tonight.

faggy opinion + certainty Mark Celibate's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    rofl

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I like Luka but he really needs to work on his 3pt shooting. You can't keep chucking 7 3pt attempts per game on sub 30% shooting. You're just hurting the team tbh.
    lmao lakerfan now has a problem with launching bricks

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    lmao lakerfan now has a problem with launching bricks
    The only season Kobe ever shot that bad from 3 on such volume, was in his last season when he was beyond washed and the lakers were not playing for a playoff spot.

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Nothing sadder than a dumb/fat Native European

Here's to hoping my brother reaches his potential sooner than later.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only season Kobe ever shot that bad from 3 on such volume, was in his last season when he was beyond washed and the lakers were not playing for a playoff spot.
    That could be any of his last 6 seasons or so.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That could be any of seasons he didn’t play with the best frontline in the league.
    FIFY.

adolis is altuve’s father monosylab1k's Avatar
    My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count

Not even the great white Bird would get clowned like this
    Not even a week later and Dallas already passed the Rockets in the standings

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He looks like hes in a much better shape and it shows in games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's basically another Harden. Fat boy with gaudy stats but doesnt win .

lol at acting like he's the next LeGOAT

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's basically another Harden. Fat boy with gaudy stats but doesnt win .

lol at acting like he's the next LeGOAT
    Already won everything there is to win in europe and in 3rd year playing pretty much like lebron did in his first 3 season. So just shut the up and go jerk off on derrick white, who is raped by Luka every single time they play.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Shut the haters up tonight.

It was pathetic defense by Aaron Nesmith but still a great shot.

Just prior he Curry backstepped and burned slow tall Whitey on the Celts.

Back to back trey bombs for the win.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Shut the haters up tonight.

It was pathetic defense by Aaron Nesmith but still a great shot.

Just prior he Curry backstepped and burned slow tall Whitey on the Celts.

Back to back trey bombs for the win.
    Not sure why anyone is still doubting Luka. His numbers aren't empty; out of playoff contenders he has the least reliable #2 unless you discount Klay and CJ due to injuries. Cubes needs to find him a healthy, legit #2 and mavs will be a problem. Already got a playoff game winner, roty award and ASG starter in year 3. Not much more legit resume you can hope for by year 3 unless you talking Bron Moses Kareem Magic Wade or Timmy he in rare company for a third year player

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Luka needs a miracle trade that will send Zingis Pingis far away. If I was Dallas i wouldn't even look for a #2, cause there's no way anyone is giving a good player for that , but just give him 2 shooters and a big that can finish near the basket and they will be good. Not championship ready, but still much better than now.

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    Luka needs a miracle trade that will send Zingis Pingis far away. If I was Dallas i wouldn't even look for a #2, cause there's no way anyone is giving a good player for that , but just give him 2 shooters and a big that can finish near the basket and they will be good. Not championship ready, but still much better than now.
    Agreed. But I understand why they want a #2 so badly. When mavs were really good last season Powell, Kleber, Steph lil brother gave them most of that. So i don't think the role players are that hard to find especially when Luka makes them look so much better.And though I agree I don't value Porzingis very much ...Remember I was one of the first on here that casted doubts about his long-term health when everyone was sucking him off his rookie year and calling him the unicorn. I knew injuries would be an issue because almost no player that tall playing big minutes avoids injury. If he had a Boban role (who is also built like a tank) maybe he would be fine. But hoping he will stay healthy is like hoping you will win the Power Ball it's fool's errand.
    So trading him even for anything of value at least frees up cap space. Not sure even with Luka they will attract a big name FA cuz Mavs never do ...but at least you can eventually trade for a better player with space.
    Last edited by Killakobe81; 02-24-2021 at 07:25 PM.

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    Not just specifically for Luka but for NBA shooters in general, the rule on jumping into defenders on a shot attempt to draw a foul and its interpretation as a foul on the defender should change. If the shooter has to jump forward any significant distance (sure, it’s subjective but at least allow for a referee to judge the action) into a defender trying to contest, that should either be an offensive foul or viewed as something like a flop and an automatic turnover.

In this example, Luka’s jump forward is pretty obvious and egregious. And he’s far from the only one in the league who does it. I think it’s just as bad as a shooter with an unnatural leg kick and worse than a swim thru motion to draw a foul, which the league has at least addressed by making it an out of bounds foul, not a shooting foul.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Surround Luka with 3 legitimate shooters (not guys like Dorian Finney-Bricks) and an athletic rim runner. That’s all he needs. Porzingis just kills the flow of the offense.

If they had kept Seth and drafted Desmond Bane instead of Josh Green, they’re probably a top 5 team in the West right now.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Surround Luka with 3 legitimate shooters (not guys like Dorian Finney-Bricks) and an athletic rim runner. That’s all he needs. Porzingis just kills the flow of the offense.

If they had kept Seth and drafted Desmond Bane instead of Josh Green, they’re probably a top 5 team in the West right now.
    Agreed
    Mavs also need to strengthen their defense

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not sure why anyone is still doubting Luka.
    Doubting him in what sense? I don't think anyone would argue that he isnt an all-star level player.

But is he a GOAT type player like LeGOAT or just a perennial Top 5/Top 10 player like Harden? Harden has been putting up crazy numbers for a while. Hes won a lot of games too. He's had a great career but career wise he's not in the same class as LeGOAT. Luka's trajectory is more Harden than LeGOAT, imho.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Not just specifically for Luka but for NBA shooters in general, the rule on jumping into defenders on a shot attempt to draw a foul and its interpretation as a foul on the defender should change. If the shooter has to jump forward any significant distance (sure, it’s subjective but at least allow for a referee to judge the action) into a defender trying to contest, that should either be an offensive foul or viewed as something like a flop and an automatic turnover.

In this example, Luka’s jump forward is pretty obvious and egregious. And he’s far from the only one in the league who does it. I think it’s just as bad as a shooter with an unnatural leg kick and worse than a swim thru motion to draw a foul, which the league has at least addressed by making it an out of bounds foul, not a shooting foul.
    I thought that’s the actual rule itself where the initiator if the contact is the one who should be assessed a foul. But in today’s nba, the players are so skillful that they can actually do that without being the initiator and that players from yesterday’s nba are just too stupid.

My Team
    Dallas Mavericks
    Post Count
    Doubting him in what sense? I don't think anyone would argue that he isnt an all-star level player.

But is he a GOAT type player like LeGOAT or just a perennial Top 5/Top 10 player like Harden? Harden has been putting up crazy numbers for a while. Hes won a lot of games too. He's had a great career but career wise he's not in the same class as LeGOAT. Luka's trajectory is more Harden than LeGOAT, imho.
    the goalposts have been moved to “Well he’ll be a Hall Of Fame level player but not the greatest ever!”

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better than Jordan tbqh

My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count

I don't know why but Before all the flopping and choking, people forget Harden was the primary reason OKC back door swept the Spurs in the playoffs with smart playmaking and legit offensive scoring and not the BS foul manipulation...so being Harden who then became one of the most prolific if often cheesy scorers in NBA history is no insult.
    Luka is most like Harden in many ways but he has something extraordinary to him that you can just see if you been watching hoops. The best analogy I can think of is football. Jerry Rice and Emmitt Smith were not stop watch fast. In a league of great athletes their names would not be at the top of the list. But both had the ability to beat superior athletes often times vastly superior opponents to the spots they wanted...like messi does too. Luka may never be a GOAT level player like Bron ...but if you can't see how special he is not sure what to tell you all .
    .if he stays healthy I think he will surpass Dirk as a franchise best player ...and Dirk is no slouch. Passing Bron is an almost impossible task. Its like asking Anthony Davis to surpass Duncan.

Thread Information