Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Is Curry just another Kobme type when stripped of rigged refs (illegal screens, other teams top players in foul trouble early and often -standard Laker-Warriors stuff), stacked team, ABC Disney Basketball Productions backing?

6-17 / 2-10 on treys
    7-21 / 2-10 on treys

Former teammate Zaza Pachulia has criticism of Steph Curry | Yardbarker

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also, Steve Kerr looking clueless ty coach tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, I'm sure Curry shot over 41% from three 10 years in a row because of rigged refs...

My Team
    Detroit Pistons
    Post Count
    I don’t think so. I think Curry was always going to be great regardless of teammates because of his shooting ability and the rest of his skill set, including a plus handle and ability to finish with both hands. Now the team success he’s had was certainly tied into the caliber of teammates he had. But he was always going to be a great individual player. His problem now is he’s getting older. Still might be fast for his age, but not faster than the twenty-something guards proliferating the league right now.

He’s at an age where power guards like Kobe and Michael and even LeBron to an extent were able to diversify their offense by going to a power game in the post. Curry will never be that guy. He doesn’t have the build or desire to shift to a post game if his jumper is off. He’s not a guy built to take it to the rim 15 times a game in the halfcourt to get to the free throw line 20 times a game. So if he doesn’t hit threes, he’s going to look mediocre or worse. But he still has the shooting ability that if he gets rolling, he can still hit 8, 9, 10 threes in a game. With less talent around him, it will just be more difficult for him to get as many clean, open looks he enjoyed playing next to Klay and KD. And even Draymond returning doesn’t help.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don’t think so. I think Curry was always going to be great regardless of teammates because of his shooting ability and the rest of his skill set, including a plus handle and ability to finish with both hands. Now the team success he’s had was certainly tied into the caliber of teammates he had. But he was always going to be a great individual player. His problem now is he’s getting older. Still might be fast for his age, but not faster than the twenty-something guards proliferating the league right now.

He’s at an age where power guards like Kobe and Michael and even LeBron to an extent were able to diversify their offense by going to a power game in the post. Curry will never be that guy. He doesn’t have the build or desire to shift to a post game if his jumper is off. He’s not a guy built to take it to the rim 15 times a game in the halfcourt to get to the free throw line 20 times a game. So if he doesn’t hit threes, he’s going to look mediocre or worse. But he still has the shooting ability that if he gets rolling, he can still hit 8, 9, 10 threes in a game. With less talent around him, it will just be more difficult for him to get as many clean, open looks he enjoyed playing next to Klay and KD. And even Draymond returning doesn’t help.
    Even with the 2 brickfests so far Curry dished 10 and 6 assists. So yes he can be a team player. Otherwise agree. But he is no longer "great". He will still be good, but his great days are over with. He put on a heck of a shooting spree 2015-2018. But the illegal screens etc greatly enhanced.

Kobme "power guard"

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Top 10 PG ever. People that had him anywhere near the top were victims of the moment.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Curry will be fine. The rest of the team, not so much.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    James Wiseman needs some help tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He's surrounded by . We'll send LMA over there for him

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Top 10 PG ever. People that had him anywhere near the top were victims of the moment.
    I consider him a career SG that just so happened to play de facto PG because of the cir stances and having the ultimate two-way, taller version of Ray Allen (Klay Thompson) on his team for so long, a guy who could literally do it all and was arguably an even better shooter than Curry.

IMO Klay is a sure fire HOF candidate between his shooting, lock-down defense and his sheer importance to the team. Sure Klay didn't get a ton of steals and blocks but he was basically Bruce Bowen esque on defense while being Ray Allen esque on offense, an impossibly rare combo to replicate.

Curry is just a shooting guard with limited point guard skills and a great jumper. His offensive game is also limited i.e. he's not going to back anyone down or draw fouls at the rim en masse like Kobe or James Harden. His defense also has been a weak point on Golden State for a long time when he isn't getting lucky with gambling on interceptions.

Curry has basically become prime Gilbert Arenas at this point, which is not a bad player, but it's not the player people thought he was circa 2015-2018.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I consider him a career SG that just so happened to play de facto PG because of the cir stances and having the ultimate two-way, taller version of Ray Allen (Klay Thompson) on his team for so long, a guy who could literally do it all and was arguably an even better shooter than Curry.

IMO Klay is a sure fire HOF candidate between his shooting, lock-down defense and his sheer importance to the team. Sure Klay didn't get a ton of steals and blocks but he was basically Bruce Bowen esque on defense while being Ray Allen esque on offense, an impossibly rare combo to replicate.

Curry is just a shooting guard with limited point guard skills and a great jumper. His offensive game is also limited i.e. he's not going to back anyone down or draw fouls at the rim en masse like Kobe or James Harden. His defense also has been a weak point on Golden State for a long time when he isn't getting lucky with gambling on interceptions.

Curry has basically become prime Gilbert Arenas at this point, which is not a bad player, but it's not the player people thought he was circa 2015-2018.
    This

“but his gravity!”

Where is his gravity now?

Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This

“but his gravity!”

Where is his gravity now?
    He's just a Gilbert Arenas now and his career path may follow down that arc. Maybe he'll be a Jamal Crawford in a couple years, who knows. Maybe his ego will force him into retirement if he won't accept that kind of a role.

Klay Thompson (along with Green's illegal screens) were the MVP of the 2015-2018 dynasty Warriors. Curry made a lot of threes but he was never the MVP. Durant was only there about half their dynasty; he was a beast when healthy, but they wouldn't have been champions with just Curry and Durant making a lot of shots and not having the defense they had. Klay Thompson will go down as possibly the greatest two-way player of all time, especially since Kawhi Leonard is more of a gambler than an on-ball defender.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Delusional takes here. You don't win 73 games in a season, or win 67, 73, & 67 in a three year span by being overrated. Curry lead the team in win shares all three years.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    WS is such a cute stat

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Delusional homers

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    62 pts tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    Chicago Bulls
    Post Count
    Better than Wilt

Did I do it right?

My friend this jigga great player with never ending green light. This ain't Basketball.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yeah, I'm sure Curry shot over 41% from three 10 years in a row because of rigged refs...
    You do understand how getting illegal screens is going to increase open shots and thus 3% right? This isn't hard stuff.

Curry came into the league a great shooter; but to be a great volume shooter, he may have needed the help.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You do understand how getting illegal screens is going to increase open shots and thus 3% right? This isn't hard stuff.

Curry came into the league a great shooter; but to be a great volume shooter, he may have needed the help.
    Are you in the basement of the Comet Ping Pong Pizzeria right now?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Great all time player but it is a contest with me who I despise more him or his Yahoo beloved wife.

6X ST MVP
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are you in the basement of the Comet Ping Pong Pizzeria right now?
    Chumpette on an alt throwing out after taking his beatdown. Sad.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Chumpette on an alt throwing out after taking his beatdown. Sad.
    I'm not anybody's alt. Do you think it's a coincidence that Curry has the highest career FT% in the history of the NBA and shot over 40% from three every single year for a decade because of some stupid conspiracy theory? He's a legendary shooter... those are simple facts. The recent video where he hit 105 threes in a row in practice proves that pretty conclusively. What, did you think David Stern and then Adam Silver instructed the refs to give Steph an advantage but not also give that advantage to Harden, Lillard, Doncic and a bunch of other stars?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    OP

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Better than Wilt

Did I do it right?

My friend this jigga great player with never ending green light. This ain't Basketball.
    when Wilt got 100 several players on his own team and the other team were disgysrdd att that point because the other team was quadruple teaming him and he was still going one on four while his teammates sat around watching him with their hands on their hips

Thread Information