Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    max

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR could not do anything against Memphis and the dude he was guarding stole his lunch money

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, wow, no. My answer to this thread right now is "NO ING WAY".

Spurs got fleeced in the Kawhi trade. They're just going to have to bite the bullet and let him walk. Anyone think we can trade him for a first round draft pick or a decent player? If not, let him walk. DO NOT resign him. Let Aldridge go and also let Mills go. If Mills wants to come back, he has to do so at a cheap contract. No more 50 million bull .

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yeah, wow, no. My answer to this thread right now is "NO ING WAY".

Spurs got fleeced in the Kawhi trade. They're just going to have to bite the bullet and let him walk. Anyone think we can trade him for a first round draft pick or a decent player? If not, let him walk. DO NOT resign him. Let Aldridge go and also let Mills go. If Mills wants to come back, he has to do so at a cheap contract. No more 50 million bull .
    Totally agree. As for Rudy, I’m on the fence. We actually need his size, though Lyles at a minimum might make more sense.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^
    I doubt we could get anything useful for Rudy. Maybe if we take a bad contract that's not an expiring.

Imo, packaging Rudy and Patty together would be ideal, but we all know come 2030 when Patty finally decides to retire, #8 will hang in the rafters.

Demar should be traded asap, literally a detriment to all the young guys. A max player doesn't disappear against a team like Grizzlies two games in a row.
    Wouldn't offer him anything more than 15-18 million and 6th man role.

LMA is just dead weight at this point and noone would even be interesetd.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar Derozan is an elite bench scorer and should be paid accordingly

Anyone dumb enough to run him out against another team's starting unit either has 4 All-Defense caliber players around him or wants a lottery ticket.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy will get us a second round pick - Mills would get us a late first early second pick - DEROZZ would get us a mid first round pick

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he's auditioning for that max extension he's not doing a great job right now.

I like DDR, but he's disappeared in multiple games now. I didn't see much of that last season.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zach Lowe said he is the Drummond of guards in terms of his market value. No one wants to trade for him because he is asking a lot for his extension and the fact that he is a dinosaur. 18-20 is what teams are willing to give him. Sign and trade is the only way we can get something in return.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Zach Lowe said he is the Drummond of guards in terms of his market value. No one wants to trade for him because he is asking a lot for his extension and the fact that he is a dinosaur. 18-20 is what teams are willing to give him. Sign and trade is the only way we can get something in return.
    Did Lowe say that on his podcast or what?? I don’t get it, demar has lots of faults but the guy averages 20/5/5.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Problem is there is a lot of teams with money available in the off-season. Unless a contender wants him, the odds of an S&T seems unlikely. Basically Spurs lose both him and, presumably Aldridge for nothing.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Problem is there is a lot of teams with money available in the off-season. Unless a contender wants him, the odds of an S&T seems unlikely. Basically Spurs lose both him and, presumably Aldridge for nothing.
    I agree. But I've also accepted that it would be worse to resign them. The team just needs to move on, ideally from all four veterans who are on expiring contracts.

As for Patty, he is a Spur for life, but maybe he can come back in a few years and be an assistant coach. I really don't want to see the team drop big money on him, especially when we have so many other guards on the team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy will get us a second round pick - Mills would get us a late first early second pick - DEROZZ would get us a mid first round pick
    Mills could definitely net a late first tbh. Rudy would probably get two future far off seconds (seemingly the going rate for vets wings).

Or the Spurs could package both Mils and Gay together -- two birds one stone. Boston might be an option with their TE, something like:
    Langford, Ojele, and their 2021 first.

DeMar probably could net a first but the Spurs would probably have to take on salaries that extend past this season to help make it worth the other team's while.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I agree. But I've also accepted that it would be worse to resign them. The team just needs to move on, ideally from all four veterans who are on expiring contracts.

As for Patty, he is a Spur for life, but maybe he can come back in a few years and be an assistant coach. I really don't want to see the team drop big money on him, especially when we have so many other guards on the team.
    I think Mills, Gay, DDR, and LMA are all gone one way or another next season. Aldridge looks washed, DDR wants a long-term deal that the Spurs probably would've already offered if they were interested, while Gay and Mills are likely to get a lot of interest from contenders.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Did Lowe say that on his podcast or what?? I don’t get it, demar has lots of faults but the guy averages 20/5/5.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SP0Gz-BeOw8

Drummong is 17 and 15, dinosaurs are dinosaurs.

I think if we somehow convinced Bojan to sign with us last last offseason Demar would have been gone. There are talks about dumping him to CLE for the JR Smith partially guaranteed contract. PATFO does not really like him as much as others here seem to think. He is just talent, the fit is a volume 3 point shooting big wing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeRozan as the Drummond of Guards is really the perfect analogy.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm really struggling to understand the frequent posts arguing against Patty Mills. One, he's only a bench player, so at most he's good for 20 min a game. Secondly in his role he's very productive especially being far and away the most reliable 3-pt shooter. Then to add his contribution during the great years (2014 Apex) and being the catalyst for team chemistry, he should be the one vet everyone likes.

As for DeRozan leaving this summer without anything in return, to borrow a Charles Dutton line, there are far greater tragedies in life.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well that Zach Lowe thing was from a year ago lol I mean Demar needs to be shipped out for any positive value we can get but at that time last year Both Drummond & Demar value was pretty low, I think it’s a little higher this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    demar won't be getting a max with any team at this point so the question really becomes should the spurs try to re-sign him and. if so, at what cost?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    demar won't be getting a max with any team at this point so the question really becomes should the spurs try to re-sign him and. if so, at what cost?
    No. He'll want a multi-year deal, probably 3 years, $75 million. Assuming they miss the playoffs, and even if they do, there's still no reason to bring him back when they could be a non-playoff team without committing to him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeMar should be gone after this season. He’s not as bad as a lot of people on this site make him out to be, but he’s not a great player either and is never going to be. We know what he is, and that’s never going to change, no matter how much we want it to. Let him walk to the highest bidder because he simply doesn’t move the needle, and there will definitely be someone dumb enough to pay him like an All-Star.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really like Mills but he is going to want to get paid and he is going to want to get minutes so for both parties it’s better to find a partner that works for both of us. Plus it’s his contract year I think this is the best he will ever be and after this season will start to see a fast slide as he ages a lot of his game is based on speed as he is so small. Plus we need the young kids to grow up and grab the baton on leadership say what you want about DJ but he gets a lot of support from all of the youngsters.

As far as DEROZZ yeah he is not as bad as people say but he is going to want to get paid and he is going to probably want to play for a contender. I can easily see him though taking a slight pay cut and going to some contender were he won’t have to worry about being the man. It will be a shame though that we will probably let him walk for nothing.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To add to that: Aldridge and Mills probably go for the MLE and Gay for the room exception.

Regarding Mills, all the reasons they value him remain intact and could become exacerbated if as expected the other 3 vets depart (they'll probably sign at least one to replace them; Dieng could make sense) and his skillset is still needed.

I don't think they'd hesitate to give him a 3 year contract. I'll come down to whether he wants to go to a contender or not.

Mills could definitely net a late first tbh. Rudy would probably get two future far off seconds (seemingly the going rate for vets wings).

Or the Spurs could package both Mils and Gay together -- two birds one stone. Boston might be an option with their TE, something like:
    Langford, Ojele, and their 2021 first.
    In a typical season, with a typical team in the Spurs situation, no question. Most good teams literally can't trade their 1st though and either way, they probably value Mills more than a late 1st.

I don't see the Celtics parting with both Langford and their 1st. They're notoriously conservative and need at least one of Langford (if he ever returns) or Nesmith to become a solid rotation player in relatively short order to replenish their wing depth.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    To add to that: Aldridge and Mills probably go for the MLE and Gay for the room exception.
    Agreed on Mills and LMA. IIRC the room exception is for when teams are at or under the cap and is for around ~$5 million. He'd probably be going to a contender, one who is more likely to be over the cap, so probably the room mid-level. That's around ~5.8, similar enough in regards to salary and a bit closer to his actual value.

Regarding Mills, all the reasons they value him remain intact and could become exacerbated if as expected the other 3 vets depart (they'll probably sign at least one to replace them; Dieng could make sense) and his skillset is still needed.

I don't think they'd hesitate to give him a 3 year contract. I'll come down to whether he wants to go to a contender or not.
    They certainly value Mills but I think his time with the team is likely done, no matter what. He'd likely look at a contender while the Spurs have a bunch of young guards who they need to prioritize going forward. They'll definitely sign a vet or two, even if they're non-rotation players, because next years team figures to be significantly younger.

In a typical season, with a typical team in the Spurs situation, no question. Most good teams literally can't trade their 1st though and either way, they probably value Mills more than a late 1st.

I don't see the Celtics parting with both Langford and their 1st. They're notoriously conservative and need at least one of Langford (if he ever returns) or Nesmith to become a solid rotation player in relatively short order to replenish their wing depth.
    The Nets, Bucks, Lakers, Clippers, Miami, and Mavs have limited to no use of their 1st round picks, among current playoff teams, going forward. Fair point though that it'd be harder to acquire a 1st for Mills, if the Spurs are seeking to trade him-- which is still uncertain despite how much sense it makes.

Ainge is notorious for trying to get over on other teams, though getting both Mills and Gay could definitely upgrade their rotation and bolster their chances of making the finals. A late first, Ojele, and Langford seems like a perfectly reasonable tradeoff, even for Ainge.

Obviously it depends on how much they value Langford, at this point his value to them has to be higher than his value around the league considering he's only played 32 games in two seasons thus far. There's no telling when or if Langford will be able to contribute; though if they're high on him, then they could technically swap him out for Theis and hope to add a center on the buyout market while still acquiring Gay and Mills.
    Last edited by cd021; 02-04-2021 at 12:11 AM.

Thread Information