90/3

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Will be interesting to see how his season progresses. Spurs value consistency so it makes sense they will consider it.

With Keldon out there, everything runs smoother and DD plays his best ball. And on a further tangent, I see people say DD is playing the 4, but isn’t it really Keldon doing that?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm on board with keeping DeRozan if he's able to keep this up throughout the rest of the season.

Every game is game 1 Seventyniner's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, but if you're not a team based in NY/LA, you have to overpay to keep your stars. See Portland, Milwaukee, Salt Lake, Denver...
    Good point. I would just be afraid of a huge DDR deal preventing the Spurs from retaining one or more of the young guys, let alone closing off the possibility of adding a high-impact free agent next summer.

If Keldon can be a viable starting 4 (grow another inch? I'm reaching here), there should be enough minutes for DDR and all the young guns going forward.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve been pretty supportive of Demar since we traded for him but if he continues playing like this we have to sell high lol

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar has had stretches in the past where he's started the season strong but then tends to fizzle out during the midway point of the season. Lets see if he can keep his level of play up in March.

Govt, stay away!
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we’re overreacting to two games. Let’s see if he can keep this up throughout the season.
    Overreacting to play that he’s shown year after year? Only thing he’s done different is shoot the three.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’ve been pretty supportive of Demar since we traded for him but if he continues playing like this we have to sell high lol
    Unfortunately, if he continues playing at this level, we won’t sell high. PATFO will reward him with an extension. It probably won’t be max but it will be significantly high. Over the years we have seen how they reward loyal players. DDR will be one of them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Unfortunately, if he continues playing at this level, we won’t sell high. PATFO will reward him with an extension. It probably won’t be max but it will be significantly high. Over the years we have seen how they reward loyal players. DDR will be one of them.
    Hard to trade a guy with less than a year on his contract unless the team who receives him is confident he will stay. Teams aren't going to give up much for one playoff push with DDR.

If he keeps this up, it makes more sense to extend him and build around him, or at least have a long-term contract which is a better trading chip (especially if it's a reasonable price).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just imagine if he had let that 3/4 court heave go just a bit earlier at the end of the 3rd.

Max for him would be around $38M per year, right? That's pretty steep for a player who, while he has been playing well, doesn't seem to have what it takes to consistently put this iteration of the Spurs in the playoffs let alone in contention for a deep run.
    This ^^^

Max for a player with 10+ years of service is $38 million. That’s a lot less than 6 and less years, and 7-9 years.

He’s worth something in the $20s and maybe low $30s on a long deal, but too much risk to go into high $30s. On a shorter deal, then it’s a different discussion ... annual money less important then

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At 31 t could be his last big paycheck. If he balls like the last 2 games with 28 points and nearly triple double, shooting 3’s, and our young team continually improving, Spurs will be deep in the playoffs. If if did, it’s Demar feeding and taking over when needed resulting to W. That deserves the max in my opinion. Demar played great last year, he’s always embraced his changing role as a facilitator with our lack of true PG. He’s never been a diva, complaining to the press or in locker room. And we all know the problem last year. Yeah, I’d reward him the max.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This ^^^

Max for a player with 10+ years of service is $38 million. That’s a lot less than 6 and less years, and 7-9 years.

He’s worth something in the $20s and maybe low $30s on a long deal, but too much risk to go into high $30s. On a shorter deal, then it’s a different discussion ... annual money less important then
    The teams with $38 million have to make sacrifices to make that much space. I dont think any team will have that much to offer him. $30 mil is my guess what DeMar gets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Premature ejaculation thread

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Good point. I would just be afraid of a huge DDR deal preventing the Spurs from retaining one or more of the young guys, let alone closing off the possibility of adding a high-impact free agent next summer.

If Keldon can be a viable starting 4 (grow another inch? I'm reaching here), there should be enough minutes for DDR and all the young guns going forward.
    We're not going to be able to keep all the young guys. That's just how it goes. Keep drafting and hope one or two become real stars. Keep a big 3 of sorts and try to contend with that.

In 04, we let Stephen Jackson walk. 05 we let Hedo walk. In 06 (IIRC) we let Beno walk. We traded away GH3 before he got his first big deal also didnt we. I dont see how we keep Lonnie and Keldon if we keep Murray, White, and now sadly Purrtl, and if we offer DeMar 25-30. Half these young guys will get lured away by a nice payday and we will be hard pressed to counter.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Premature ejaculation thread
    Yup. He’s trying real hard though since it’s a contract year. As soon as FO signs him to a long term deal he’ll go back to doing what he wants to do. Use his contract year extra effort to trade him. Package him with Murray and you can get good value.

Forum Official Personal Life Coach BacktoBasics's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Dude is worth 20 million
    Cap is going down again no fans
    Owners lossing money
    You spew more bull than anyone here. Honestly you must be a seriously sad and pathetic individual off this forum. Worst poster here behind Drew.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yep if only he was 2 inches taller and 4 inches in wingspan longer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    yep if only he was 2 inches taller and 4 inches in wingspan longer.
    Why is this a thing? Keldon did just fine guarding Siakam last night and DeMar being taller will have nothing to do with that. Our holes are poor transition D and slow switches from Aldridge, Gay, and Poetl.
    Last edited by Dejounte; 12-27-2020 at 02:02 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    it. do it. he’s a star we can be proud of. the cap sheet is clean. he has great chemistry with the young dudes. never complained even though he had no help. 3/90 is fair, if he can give us a discount at 3/85 or 3+1/110 i’d be happy camper tbh

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Why is this a thing? Keldon did just fine guarding Siakam last night and DeMar being taller will have nothing to do with that. Our holes are poor transition D and slow switches from Aldridge, Gay, and Poetl.
    just because Siakam ended up shooting bad doesn't mean its ideal to continue to put Keldon as PF and similarly Demar at SF. Keldon and everyone else was bouncing of Siakam a lot of help D was needed on those drives to the basket. Eventually and especially in a playoff series either the shots will go down or they will punish the help side needing to crash so much. Demar defensively is only useful at PF because his feet are so slow hence he would be a better fit if he was Siakam's size.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    just because Siakam ended up shooting bad doesn't mean its ideal to continue to put Keldon as PF and similarly Demar at SF. Keldon and everyone else was bouncing of Siakam a lot of help D was needed on those drives to the basket. Eventually and especially in a playoff series either the shots will go down or they will punish the help side needing to crash so much. Demar defensively is only useful at PF because his feet are so slow hence he would be a better fit if he was Siakam's size.
    Fair points except I don't think it was a case of Siakam just shooting poorly. Almost every possession he was bodied up, with a hand in face indicating good defense was played, whether by help or by defensive assignment by Keldon. As far as what's sustainable, I guess time will tell...

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how far the spurs have fallen when people thing giving this guy even 20 a year would be a good deal. We would be in Gambit cap purgatory if we offered this guy multi years at a high price point. we need a solid big not another wing. Potel is not the answer.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    how far the spurs have fallen when people thing giving this guy even 20 a year would be a good deal. We would be in Gambit cap purgatory if we offered this guy multi years at a high price point. we need a solid big not another wing. Potel is not the answer.
    Wrong. 20 mil is a steal for DeMar. This isn't five years ago. Check my thread about cap space. Players earning 20 mil these days are scrubs compared to DeMar.

Under columns "key starter" and "borderline all star"

30 mil is a different story. But if it's a short term deal, then it would be okay.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think we’re overreacting to two games. Let’s see if he can keep this up throughout the season.
    Last years #’s were great........

Thread Information