Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Premature ejaculation thread
    This must be along nut being last years#’s were great! Hate the dude if you must but he is really good at basketball

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The teams with $38 million have to make sacrifices to make that much space. I dont think any team will have that much to offer him. $30 mil is my guess what DeMar gets.
    Yeah, I think it ends up at 3/$90. Not sure if they give him a player option in year three.

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would imagine he has to love playing with these young players because it makes him look better as well. Let’s wait until we lose a few games and let the ST bipolar mood swings go back the other direction and we’ll see how everyone feels.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would imagine he has to love playing with these young players because it makes him look better as well. Let’s wait until we lose a few games and let the ST bipolar mood swings go back the other direction and we’ll see how everyone feels.
    This is what I expect as well.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    This must be along nut being last years#’s were great! Hate the dude if you must but he is really good at basketball
    Its not all about the number it is does he help the team win. he does not help the team win. He shrinks the floor (dont use 1 game of shooting 3s to fool you). He is playing better but does not fit with the time frame.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Wrong. 20 mil is a steal for DeMar. This isn't five years ago. Check my thread about cap space. Players earning 20 mil these days are scrubs compared to DeMar.

Under columns "key starter" and "borderline all star"

30 mil is a different story. But if it's a short term deal, then it would be okay.
    I have also told you in your post that the numbers do not work like that. He also does not fit the timeline of the Spurs and plays at a crowded position. If we got him for 20 mil it would be bad but at least at that price we can try and trade him.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He had an amazing season last year. We know what the problem was last season.
    Bryn Forbes playing way too many minutes?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its not all about the number it is does he help the team win. he does not help the team win. He shrinks the floor (dont use 1 game of shooting 3s to fool you). He is playing better but does not fit with the time frame.
    what time frame? the future (talking about nba) is relative, no team wins with 10 youngsters or 10 players of the same age group.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    what time frame? the future (talking about nba) is relative, no team wins with 10 youngsters or 10 players of the same age group.
    Well the younger players are just starting to come up this year so your are probably looking about a year or 2 he would be looking at his decline then. Actually most teams do have their bigger players within about a 5 year gap. That is why winning is so difficult and getting a dynasty is even harder because if you dont do it right then the older players will get to old before the young players can really help.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Two games in in what will be a shortened asterisk filled season and you're ready to commit a max extension to him?

No harm in riding it out to two dates:
    Trade Deadline:
    If the Spurs are treading water (9th seed or below) but Derozan is playing really well, maximize on his value with young talent and high draft picks.

Summer:
    If the Spurs make the playoffs and make at least some noise in the first round, and certainly advance to second round, offer Derozan a 2/3 year extension to keep the ball rolling.

I don't see any reason to offer an extension before March unless he's playing exceptionally well and the Spurs are playing .600 or higher ball.

And I hope that last scenario happens... wins are the only thing that matters for this franchise, and if he's the reason for it, an extension is an easy choice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR is the worst good player in the league.
    He looks great and then when it matters he breaks your heart.
    I hope he turns it around/keeps it going.

I think he is not the answer long term as your highest paid player.

I do admit getting the two defensive sieves off the team make DDR seem better.

Trade him if you can get a good deal. Let him walk if you can’t.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DDR is the worst good player in the league.
    He looks great and then when it matters he breaks your heart.

He "breaks your heart?" This is some bull that I've been reading too much on this forum about DeMar since he's been here.

A good player is a player who has the skills to put the ball in his hands in crunch time who can handle taking the last shot, or dishing to an open teammate. DeMar has those skills. No other player on the team can sniff this role (except for maybe White when he gets some offense, or Walker if he develops consistency).

Your best player either makes or misses the shot and you live with it.

For a forum where everyone who knows how many shots Kobe missed in crunch time, and how much we know he was a volume chucker, yall should be smarter than to attach unnecessary emotion to your opinions of DeMar. He is who he is. A great offensive talent who is now flourishing in an open style of ball. A lot like when he was an MVP candidate in Toronto, he did the same when they opened up their offense there.

As for "worst good player in the league" I'd rather have this DeMar than any of these stars below.

Siakam
    Conley
    McCollum
    Simmons
    Embiid
    Wiggins
    Towns
    Tatum
    Tobias Harris
    DeAaron Fox
    Kevin Love
    Blake Griffin

--many more.

, the way Curry is playing without his buddy KD, I'd rather have what we have been seeing in DeMar this season and in the bubble than Curry. He hasn't been a good player since 2018.

There's of course a ton of stars (besides the obvious list of the top 5-10 NBA players) who are better than him, to name a few:

Ja Morant
    Booker
    Jaylen Brown
    Wall
    Butler
    Klay Thompson (when healthy)
    CP3
    Donovan Mitc
    Oladipo
    Murray (Denver)

But we don't have to have the best player in the league to be a good team or make runs in the playoffs again. Just a guy or two to rely on in crunch time the same way we used to have Parker/Manu, and a bunch of good role players, as well as a rock solid guy in the middle probably (late career TD).

But if you trade away DeMar, you all of a sudden have a surefire lottery team, as you have no one to give the ball to in crunch time who has the skills and mentality to get you a bucket. He "breaks your heart" has nothing to do with strategy at the end of the game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I wouldn't put to much stock in a player that has all of a sudden played like this on a contract year.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Under no cir stances would I extend him. He'll be a 32-35 or 36 year old during the life of the contract and is a slasher. I realize he's relatively big/strong and not reliant on blinding speed/quickness, but they generally don't age well.

They might not have a genuine star in the bunch, but they've already committed to Murray and White and Walker, Johnson, Vassell all range from 50/50 to likely to join them, so chances are they at least believe someone(s) will emerge as featured types. The lack of a starting four will need to be addressed sooner than later.

Probably can't even move him for Gordon now though. Without Isaac, they probably prefer to retain him until the off season and DeRozan, if his representation gets the right signals through the back channels, probably won't extend when the Raptors have both the cap space and need to sign him outright.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember that time he fell down at half court and let Kahaii steal his lunch money-at the crucial moment.
    Good times

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He wears the uni
    I root for his success
    If you ask me to give him a big assed contract.
    Nah

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Under no cir stances would I extend him. He'll be a 32-35 or 36 year old during the life of the contract
    This is a solid point. He is not getting any younger and father time is undefeated, so he will definitely be showing signs of regression as he gets into his mid 30s. This means less lift on his jumpers, less breakaway speed (not that he has been fast for some time), and likely some injuries and minutes restrictions). I think 2-3 years is a good contract for him, at 20-30 mill per, considering his age going into next season. But if he keeps this performance up and the Spurs make the playoffs, front offices around the league will be taking long looks at the dude to try and lure him away. And we might get nothing in return since he might walk after the season is over.

Probably can't even move him for Gordon now though.
    That I don't agree with. We can easily get a guy like Gordon for him. But thankfully, PATFO is not that stupid to trade DeMar for a role player, despite how much people on this site hate the dude for not shooting 3s or playing defense like Kawhi/Bowen.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Remember that time he fell down at half court and let Kahaii steal his lunch money-at the crucial moment
    I don't expect him to best Kawhi 1 on 1. Basketball is a team game and when guys make mistakes, they need teammates to help them up and get their back/pick up the slack. As great as they are at getting coffee and , Forbes and Mills are not championship level role players who can help DeMar.

Even the self proclaimed GOAT LeBroom didn't even make the playoffs on the Lakers before he got AD.

In all honesty, this DeMar is a solid #2 player for a championship caliber team.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    About half of what he is getting paid seems reasonable

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    About half of what he is getting paid seems reasonable
    so he's averaging damn near a triple double with 30 points, and you want to cut his pay in half.

God damn I hope this franchise moves to Seattle if the fan base is majority like you. Other cities deserve the team more and would have better fans.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he’s the highest paid on ur team
    Ur team ain’t winning jack

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That I don't agree with. We can easily get a guy like Gordon for him. But thankfully, PATFO is not that stupid to trade DeMar for a role player, despite how much people on this site hate the dude for not shooting 3s or playing defense like Kawhi/Bowen.
    As I said, I doubt the Magic would do it in season (they'd need to add another player to match salaries and balance out the value), but I doubt the Spurs would either.

It could make sense in the off season, but then they'll probably lose him for nothing to the Raptors.

This could pave the way for a max offer sheet for Collins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If he’s the highest paid on ur team
    Ur team ain’t winning jack

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    LoL

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs