San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Spur fan wants spurs to lose
    You lie
    DDR wears the uni and I root for him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he had 10 assists. His shot wasnt falling. You masochists are ing insufferable lol go cheer for a cellar dweller like you want. Get lottery picks all you want. Draft 10 dudes named Precious Mcree

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You lie
    DDR wears the uni and I root for him
    and when we lost you literally opened the thread first thing and gloated like it was the best thing to happen to you today, instead of being sad we lost or hopeful since it was only by a few points and some questionable play calling / refs. Instead you scape goat the teams best player and want him gone so we lose by much more.

Were you born and raised in New York? Youre acting like a spoiled made Yankees fan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bryn Forbes playing way too many minutes?
    That's a bingo.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and when we lost you literally opened the thread first thing and gloated like it was the best thing to happen to you today, instead of being sad we lost or hopeful since it was only by a few points and some questionable play calling / refs. Instead you scape goat the teams beat player and want him gone so we lose by much more.
    You busted my chops all over the place
    And then what I said was proven right and I made you eat .

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    You busted my chops all over the place
    And then what I said was proven right and I made you eat .
    Youre made fair weather fan. Tou dont deserve this team. I bet you either started watching the Spurs when Pop became a national meme (2016) or have been in SA the whole time but stopped watching after 0.4, manu foul on Dirk, Jefferson years, and 2013. Youre soft like Purrtl and melt / give up on the roster after one loss.

I suppose we should win every game because thats the only way youd be wrong.

......................... mystargtr34's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he had 10 assists. His shot wasnt falling. You masochists are ing insufferable lol go cheer for a cellar dweller like you want. Get lottery picks all you want. Draft 10 dudes named Precious Mcree
    Precious Mcrew

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Derozan is trash, every season spurs fans hope and get hyped after one or two good outings but he just trash

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Sure, whatever. Im sure all those dudes are better than DeRozan and will have 10 assists on their off night. On a back to back, while being shadowed by the other teams best defender. Precious af Im sure

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, I'm good.

They have enough playmaking/scoring with Derrick/Lonnie/DJ especially next season after another year of development. They'll also likely be adding another lottery pick or a max-ish type player (or both) in the offseason tbh. I'm perfectly fine with letting Demar walk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nah, I'm good.

They have enough playmaking/scoring with Derrick/Lonnie/DJ especially next season after another year of development. They'll also likely be adding another lottery pick or a max-ish type player (or both) in the offseason tbh. I'm perfectly fine with letting Demar walk.
    who's the better max but not absolute max free agent whos going to choose to sign here? We have no good strip clubs

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look, no offense, your posts are good, but thing with Derozen IMO is, when the chips are down in the biggest games, or just in crunch time in big regular season games, he has a loser mentality on the court and let's things get to him. If you've watched TD, Manu and those guys play for years like I have, how can people not see this? It's really tough for me to truly like this guy. I want to like him and fully get behind him, but I grew up watching different players handle situations that Derozen normally crumbles in much, much differently to how he does. He's a fine player, but just doesn't have "it".

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Look, no offense, your posts are good, but thing with Derozen IMO is, when the chips are down in the biggest games, or just in crunch time in big regular season games, he has a loser mentality on the court and let's things get to him. If you've watched TD, Manu and those guys play for years like I have, how can people not see this? It's really tough for me to truly like this guy. I want to like him and fully get behind him, but I grew up watching different players handle situations that Derozen normally crumbles in much, much differently to how he does. He's a fine player, but just doesn't have "it".
    I'm not sure anyone is here expecting DeRozan to become a TD or a Manu. He can be a 3rd option guy on a championship team and that can be done here if two of our young players rise up while he's aging IF we do end up extending him (at hopefully a 3rd option type contract ~20 mil OR short 2 year deal).

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not sure anyone is here expecting DeRozan to become a TD or a Manu. He can be a 3rd option guy on a championship team and that can be done here if two of our young players rise up while he's aging IF we do end up extending him (at hopefully a 3rd option type contract ~20 mil OR short 2 year deal).
    I don't have a problem with that if he's paid less, but if he's the first option and getting paid max money, then I do have a massive problem with that. If he's getting paid max money, I will definitely be comparing him to those guys (especially Manu, as Manu was underpaid for years) as he's getting paid to play up to a certain level. He is simply not worth that amount of money IMO to be a first option.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't have a problem with that if he's paid less, but if he's the first option and getting paid max money, then I do have a massive problem with that. If he's getting paid max money, I will definitely be comparing him to those guys (especially Manu, as Manu was underpaid for years) as he's getting paid to play up to a certain level. He is simply not worth that amount of money IMO to be a first option.
    The only reason DeMar is playing like a first option right NOW is because it's hard to trust any of the other guys with the ball. Murray makes me nervous. Lonnie makes me nervous. , even Keldon makes me nervous. The ball is in a secure spot when it's in DeMar's hands. It's not even just about the playmaking. DeMar's ball security is on another level compared to the other guys. It's like a yoyo for him.

Different story though when White comes back...

This is not even me trashing Murray. Murray can be extremely effective in his own way. Murray is Naruto and White is Sasuke. They each bring something different to the table as point guards.

Believe.
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    We would not have the room to sign a first much less a 2nd player if we payed him 20 mil a year. We would be over 50% of the cap with only 3 people this is not counting Potel or the upcoming contracts of Lonnie (who I thought should be traded but is playing better so far) and KJ.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar has been good with the young guys and have embraced the role of facilitator. He’s not a diva like other Harden’s and Westbrook’s in the league. He just need to be cool ALL THE TIME. I didn’t see the big 3 make mental errors like what Demar did, resulting to 5 points turnaround, from a 1 point lead. He’s played great, and I cannot blame his game on a b2b. I was surprised Pop didn’t play him limited minutes and played Vassell more. Maybe he should have.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    No, thank you!!

Remember Cherokee Parks The Truth #6's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 years, in the low $20s is reasonable but I don’t see him wanting that. He is a mercurial player. I’ve grown to like him more than at first. He’s a cool dude. But his energy can be difficult when he melts down. For a team not going anywhere right now it’s ok unless his contract would complicate us keeping part of the young core.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Under no cir stances would I extend him. He'll be a 32-35 or 36 year old during the life of the contract and is a slasher. I realize he's relatively big/strong and not reliant on blinding speed/quickness, but they generally don't age well.

They might not have a genuine star in the bunch, but they've already committed to Murray and White and Walker, Johnson, Vassell all range from 50/50 to likely to join them, so chances are they at least believe someone(s) will emerge as featured types. The lack of a starting four will need to be addressed sooner than later.
    Exactly my thoughts.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    based on the novel, Push by Sapphire

Defense Wins Championships Texas_Ranger's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    he had a great start last year as well and then it just went downhill... No way I'd keep him. I'd rather develop young guys without paying old and useless guys like Defrozen and Aldridge. Keep the money, sign some more young guys and try to build a team. Playoffs are not needed right now tbh... and even with this 2 ''stars'' we are probably not making them so who cares.

Thread Information