Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Just like last season, and nearly every year in his career, the team he plays on is a net negative when he's on the court.

Just like last season, the starters suck and the bench has to make up for it for this team to have any chance of winning because demar is a flawed player.

He's not an impactful player. The team would be better off without him. The "young" guys would be better off without him talking their minutes. Why the would the spurs extend this dude? He wants to play for the Lakers. Let him

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2 years, in the low $20s is reasonable but I don’t see him wanting that. He is a mercurial player. I’ve grown to like him more than at first. He’s a cool dude. But his energy can be difficult when he melts down. For a team not going anywhere right now it’s ok unless his contract would complicate us keeping part of the young core.
    This is pretty much my take on him. I like him. He's a cool guy, but yeah, he let's it get into his head way too often when he's frustrated and that affects his game (guys like Jordan and Manu, they get angry and are able to channel it and it seems to improve their focus better). That isn't that big of a problem for a team not going anywhere, but if the Spurs want to make the playoffs and do well there, Demar's habit of getting off track when getting frustrated is only going to be a detriment. I thought he was great in 2019, but I still have flashbacks to the second half of game 7. He didn't show up, and that seems to be his MO in big games, especially big playoff games. I wish it were different, because as you mentioned, he's a very likeable person. I just couldn't pay him what he's getting now or even max money to stay. I am pretty sure he won't take 20M to stay, so if that is the case, the answer is a pretty strong "no" from me. I'd rather let him walk.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    and when we lost you literally opened the thread first thing and gloated like it was the best thing to happen to you today, instead of being sad we lost or hopeful since it was only by a few points and some questionable play calling / refs. Instead you scape goat the teams best player and want him gone so we lose by much more.

Were you born and raised in New York? Youre acting like a spoiled made Yankees fan.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was walking through the living room and Mrs. O said, "so the Spurs are looking at trading Demar to Denver?" I was like WTF?

Turns out it was one of those articles about of some guy suggesting trades. https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2020/12/...mar-derozan/2/

His suggestion: Gary Harris, Will Barton and Denver 2021 1st round pick. Did not bother to look up the salaries to see if it was even close to being a match.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Got off my rear and looked up the salaries and it would put the Spurs into the lux tax.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He "breaks your heart?" This is some bull that I've been reading too much on this forum about DeMar since he's been here.

A good player is a player who has the skills to put the ball in his hands in crunch time who can handle taking the last shot, or dishing to an open teammate. DeMar has those skills. No other player on the team can sniff this role (except for maybe White when he gets some offense, or Walker if he develops consistency).

Your best player either makes or misses the shot and you live with it.

For a forum where everyone who knows how many shots Kobe missed in crunch time, and how much we know he was a volume chucker, yall should be smarter than to attach unnecessary emotion to your opinions of DeMar. He is who he is. A great offensive talent who is now flourishing in an open style of ball. A lot like when he was an MVP candidate in Toronto, he did the same when they opened up their offense there.

As for "worst good player in the league" I'd rather have this DeMar than any of these stars below.

Siakam
    Conley
    McCollum
    Simmons
    Embiid
    Wiggins
    Towns
    Tatum
    Tobias Harris
    DeAaron Fox
    Kevin Love
    Blake Griffin

--many more.

, the way Curry is playing without his buddy KD, I'd rather have what we have been seeing in DeMar this season and in the bubble than Curry. He hasn't been a good player since 2018.

There's of course a ton of stars (besides the obvious list of the top 5-10 NBA players) who are better than him, to name a few:

Ja Morant
    Booker
    Jaylen Brown
    Wall
    Butler
    Klay Thompson (when healthy)
    CP3
    Donovan Mitc
    Oladipo
    Murray (Denver)

But we don't have to have the best player in the league to be a good team or make runs in the playoffs again. Just a guy or two to rely on in crunch time the same way we used to have Parker/Manu, and a bunch of good role players, as well as a rock solid guy in the middle probably (late career TD).

But if you trade away DeMar, you all of a sudden have a surefire lottery team, as you have no one to give the ball to in crunch time who has the skills and mentality to get you a bucket. He "breaks your heart" has nothing to do with strategy at the end of the game.
    I really like Demar, but come on, over Tatum, Embiid, Simmons, Towns? Even Fox and Siakam could be a case for given age.

Really weird that you would rather have Wall, Oladipo, Brown (but not Tatum), over Demar but not those other guys. Would also prefer DMDR>CP3 but thats probably more 50/50.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I really like Demar, but come on, over Tatum, Embiid, Simmons, Towns? Even Fox and Siakam could be a case for given age.

Really weird that you would rather have Wall, Oladipo, Brown (but not Tatum), over Demar but not those other guys. Would also prefer DMDR>CP3 but thats probably more 50/50.
    - Wall still has MVP level talent that DeMar doesn't have. He can be your full time PG (DeMar only for stretches), and is faster and currently, more athletic, has more range, etc.
    - VO single handedly took the Pacers to the playoffs IIRC a year or two ago, and is a very good player on a team that gets no publicity.
    - Brown is a little worse on offense (but has a better 3pt shot) and on defense it's not even a comparison. Brown can guard 1-4 in today's NBA. He also has the toughness that everyone besides Keldon on this team lacks. He also has that "it" factor, the compe iveness.

- Simmons is trash until or unless he develops a 3pt shot. We have all seen him falter when the games really get compe ive.
    - Embiid is even more unreliable than DeMar. He's dominant when he wants to be (a la LMA) but frustrating af to watch because his effort isn't there 50% of the time (like LMA). Also in today's NBA you'd pick the wing every time.
    - Towns sucks ass. I'd ing take Brook Lopez over him. Brook Lopez is Towns without the Ego and with an even better 3pt shot. And he's like 60 years old, so that's saying something to Towns' effort.
    - Tatum is arguable, but it's an opinion thing here. I think he's not as good of a 2 way player as Brown, and so far in the playoffs, doesn't have the compe iveness / "it" factor that Brown has shown. Sure, he can wow you with moves he studied from Kobe. But he's not Kobe.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not opposed to it. This team is perfectly built around him and if he keeps shooting the 3 like this...it makes sense to keep him around for another 2 years or so.
    A team built perfectly around him only ensures the lottery or a playoff flameout...y'all seriously wanna build around DeRozan? LMFAO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm not opposed to it. This team is perfectly built around him and if he keeps shooting the 3 like this...it makes sense to keep him around for another 2 years or so.
    A team built perfectly around him only ensures the lottery or a playoff flameout...y'all seriously wanna build around DeRozan? LMFAO
    U clearly didn't watch those games... LMFAO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar has had stretches in the past where he's started the season strong but then tends to fizzle out during the midway point of the season. Lets see if he can keep his level of play up in March.
    He can't...he is who he is

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    At 31 t could be his last big paycheck. If he balls like the last 2 games with 28 points and nearly triple double, shooting 3’s, and our young team continually improving, Spurs will be deep in the playoffs. If if did, it’s Demar feeding and taking over when needed resulting to W. That deserves the max in my opinion. Demar played great last year, he’s always embraced his changing role as a facilitator with our lack of true PG. He’s never been a diva, complaining to the press or in locker room. And we all know the problem last year. Yeah, I’d reward him the max.
    You don't reward mediocrity...you don't reward a star player taking you to the lottery

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Its not all about the number it is does he help the team win. he does not help the team win. He shrinks the floor (dont use 1 game of shooting 3s to fool you). He is playing better but does not fit with the time frame.
    This guy gets it

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    He "breaks your heart?" This is some bull that I've been reading too much on this forum about DeMar since he's been here.

A good player is a player who has the skills to put the ball in his hands in crunch time who can handle taking the last shot, or dishing to an open teammate. DeMar has those skills. No other player on the team can sniff this role (except for maybe White when he gets some offense, or Walker if he develops consistency).

For a forum where everyone who knows how many shots Kobe missed in crunch time, and how much we know he was a volume chucker, yall should be smarter than to attach unnecessary emotion to your opinions of DeMar. He is who he is. A great offensive talent who is now flourishing in an open style of ball. A lot like when he was an MVP candidate in Toronto, he did the same when they opened up their offense there.

As for "worst good player in the league" I'd rather have this DeMar than any of these stars below.

Siakam
    Conley
    McCollum
    Simmons
    Embiid
    Wiggins
    Towns
    Tatum
    Tobias Harris
    DeAaron Fox
    Kevin Love
    Blake Griffin

--many more.

, the way Curry is playing without his buddy KD, I'd rather have what we have been seeing in DeMar this season and in the bubble than Curry. He hasn't been a good player since 2018.

There's of course a ton of stars (besides the obvious list of the top 5-10 NBA players) who are better than him, to name a few:

Ja Morant
    Booker
    Jaylen Brown
    Wall
    Butler
    CP3
    Donovan Mitc
    Oladipo
    Murray (Denver)

But we don't have to have the best player in the league to be a good team or make runs in the playoffs again. Just a guy or two to rely on in crunch time the same way we used to have Parker/Manu, and a bunch of good role players, as well as a rock solid guy in the middle probably (late career TD).

But if you trade away DeMar, you all of a sudden have a surefire lottery team, as you have no one to give the ball to in crunch time who has the skills and mentality to get you a bucket. He "breaks your heart" has nothing to do with strategy at the end of the game.
    We are a lottery team WITH him! Why am I arguing with a guy that prefers DeMar over steph curry? LMFAO

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't expect him to best Kawhi 1 on 1. Basketball is a team game and when guys make mistakes, they need teammates to help them up and get their back/pick up the slack. As great as they are at getting coffee and , Forbes and Mills are not championship level role players who can help DeMar.

Even the self proclaimed GOAT LeBroom didn't even make the playoffs on the Lakers before he got AD.

In all honesty, this DeMar is a solid #2 player for a championship caliber team.
    DeMar as a #2 winning a ring?? no! He is the definition of a low Impact, choke artist

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    - Wall still has MVP level talent that DeMar doesn't have. He can be your full time PG (DeMar only for stretches), and is faster and currently, more athletic, has more range, etc.
    - VO single handedly took the Pacers to the playoffs IIRC a year or two ago, and is a very good player on a team that gets no publicity.
    - Brown is a little worse on offense (but has a better 3pt shot) and on defense it's not even a comparison. Brown can guard 1-4 in today's NBA. He also has the toughness that everyone besides Keldon on this team lacks. He also has that "it" factor, the compe iveness.

- Simmons is trash until or unless he develops a 3pt shot. We have all seen him falter when the games really get compe ive.
    - Embiid is even more unreliable than DeMar. He's dominant when he wants to be (a la LMA) but frustrating af to watch because his effort isn't there 50% of the time (like LMA). Also in today's NBA you'd pick the wing every time.
    - Towns sucks ass. I'd ing take Brook Lopez over him. Brook Lopez is Towns without the Ego and with an even better 3pt shot. And he's like 60 years old, so that's saying something to Towns' effort.
    - Tatum is arguable, but it's an opinion thing here. I think he's not as good of a 2 way player as Brown, and so far in the playoffs, doesn't have the compe iveness / "it" factor that Brown has shown. Sure, he can wow you with moves he studied from Kobe. But he's not Kobe.
    Wow...ur basketball takes are ass... everyone else in the league would trade DeMar for those players in a heartbeat

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    DeMar as a #2 winning a ring?? no! He is the definition of a low Impact, choke artist
    Get the off DeMar's balls

Find a new schtick. You're a ing idiot

half man half amazing
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Siakam
    Conley
    McCollum
    Simmons
    Embiid
    Wiggins
    Towns
    Tatum
    Tobias Harris
    DeAaron Fox
    Kevin Love
    Blake Griffin

--many more.

Ja Morant
    Booker
    Jaylen Brown
    Wall
    Butler
    CP3
    Donovan Mitc
    Oladipo
    Murray (Denver)

Lol, this is some real psycho . I really hope you're related to demar, otherwise, you're delusional as

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Siakam
    Conley
    McCollum
    Simmons
    Embiid
    Wiggins
    Towns
    Tatum
    Tobias Harris
    DeAaron Fox
    Kevin Love
    Blake Griffin
    savage

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    More like delusional, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Uh, I don't know if you've noticed but DeMar doesn't shoot the three either, and has far worse advanced stats in the playoffs than Simmons, Harden, or Paul George, or any other player that supposedly doesn't show up come playoff time.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    which version of Derrick White shows up will go a long way in figuring out if DDR should be extended or not. if white is going to go back to being a passive 11 ppg scorer, then yeah, we need demar to be the alpha. if bubble/playoff White shows up, then we can continue committing to the youth movement

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I would love DeMar to stay, but under reasonable cap hit.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Demar shooting the 3 is really making a big difference.
    He has made 9/21 from the 3pt, at 46.7%
    Better ball movement and creating open lanes for our guys to drive to the hole.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    U clearly didn't watch those games... LMFAO
    I thought you want to be in the lottery dumbo

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The only way I see Vassell getting increased minutes next season is letting go of either DeMar or Mills.

Thread Information