Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For DDR money we might figure out how to get 2 6’8” dudes who can play good enough
    OPJ for DDR

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Depends on whether Chi is actually trying to compete.

DDR for Porter Jr and a lottery protected 2021 1st makes sense if they are and the Spurs are willing to move its vets.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

DDR for Porter Jr and a lottery protected 2021 1st makes sense if they are and the Spurs are willing to move its vets.
    Doubt bulls give up a first for DDR without a commitment he re-signs

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Doubt bulls give up a first for DDR without a commitment he re-signs
    I don't know if that's a huge issue tbh. If their interested in DDR, then it implies that their trying to make the playoffs. They'll have his bird rights and/ or a lot of cap space. They can offer as good of an offer as he's likely get in the open market.

DDR is definitely better that OPJ so the Spurs asking for a 1st seems reasonable while making the pick lottery protected probably makes the Bulls much more willing to do that hypothetical deal because it's dependent on how much DDR helps them.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I don't know if that's a huge issue tbh. If their interested in DDR, then it implies that their trying to make the playoffs. They'll have his bird rights and/ or a lot of cap space. They can offer as good of an offer as he's likely get in the open market.

DDR is definitely better that OPJ so the Spurs asking for a 1st seems reasonable while making the pick lottery protected probably makes the Bulls much more willing to do that hypothetical deal because it's dependent on how much DDR helps them.
    The Bulls have similar cap space to us this off season and could sign him outright. Why give up a first rounder even if lottery protected for a run at a 7-8 seed when you can use that draft pick which will be valuable and sign the player outright for a long term deal? Only a contender will take that chance ala Clippers last season with getting Marcus Morris. Teams like the Clippers, Bucks and Lakers have virtually no 1st round picks to offer. DDR will not be moved this season. Maybe we can get some value in the off-season via sign and trade as the teams that can pay him aren’t too appealing for a ring chasing vet who wants to still get paid market value.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The Bulls have similar cap space to us this off season and could sign him outright. Why give up a first rounder even if lottery protected for a run at a 7-8 seed when you can use that draft pick which will be valuable and sign the player outright for a long term deal? Only a contender will take that chance ala Clippers last season with getting Marcus Morris. Teams like the Clippers, Bucks and Lakers have virtually no 1st round picks to offer. DDR will not be moved this season. Maybe we can get some value in the off-season via sign and trade as the teams that can pay him aren’t too appealing for a ring chasing vet who wants to still get paid market value.
    The Bulls do, but they also aren't guaranteed of even being able to sign him. Trading for him gives the Bulls a chance to sell him on the team rather than competing with other teams who will do the same thing in FA.

I don't disagree that they could just pursue him in FA and keep their pick-- that's what I'd do if I were them-- but who knows what their motivations are.

They are a big market team that hasn't really been relevant in a while, it's a splashy move but maybe not their best option.

I'm skeptical about the S&T option. Technically,
    it's possible, but the Spurs would have to take on some form of bad salary from a presumably good team, without getting back young talent or even picks. The Spurs might just let him walk than do that.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The thing that is concerning to me is the spurs have all of this cap space for next offseason but the free agency is getting weaker and weaker lol and LMA trade value has to be at an all time low, he got benched in 4th quarter against the third string rockets, I at least think Demar, Rudy, Patty could interest some teams, I can’t think of a single team who would give the spurs any value for LMA
    Yup. That’s why the smart move would’ve been to trade before the draft. Only value he has now is his expiring contract.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    For DDR money we might figure out how to get 2 6’8” dudes who can play good enough
    Are there any 6’8” good defenders available in free agency this offseason? If not, really need to trade him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Always thought Murray/Lyles/ddr for LaVine/OPJ was a good trade for both teams

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Are there any 6’8” good defenders available in free agency this offseason? If not, really need to trade him
    the only interesting players available are John Collins and Jarret Allen. That’s it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    the only interesting players available are John Collins and Jarret Allen. That’s it.
    I think there are a few that will be interesting to watch this season: Richaun Holmes, Harry Giles, Isaac Bonga, Khem Birch. All FAs after this season. Holmes has arguably been the best player for the Kings so far this year. Giles had a great preseason but hasn't played much, though that's probably about to change due to the Nurkic injury.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think there are a few that will be interesting to watch this season: Richaun Holmes, Harry Giles, Isaac Bonga, Khem Birch. All FAs after this season. Holmes has arguably been the best player for the Kings so far this year. Giles had a great preseason but hasn't played much, though that's probably about to change due to the Nurkic injury.
    Larry Nance Jr. is having a solid year defensively. If the Cavs are willing to part ways with him, he could fit in nicely. Not sure if we have anything they would want though.

Their locker room is going down in flames, maybe they need a "culture vet" to set an example...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Larry Nance Jr. is having a solid year defensively. If the Cavs are willing to part ways with him, he could fit in nicely. Not sure if we have anything they would want though.

Their locker room is going down in flames, maybe they need a "culture vet" to set an example...

Yeah, I'm a fan of his play too. He's got one year left on his current contract, as does Chris Boucher-- another guy I know we both like. Sadly, I imagine Boucher would be hard to trade for now, after his amazing start this season.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s an amazingly bad FA class if that’s really the only good guys on the market. What a horrible time to have DDR, LMA, mills, gay, Lyles expiring contracts. What a waste of cap space. The FO probably won’t even try to go after Collins or Allen

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I was looking at his stats yesterday... he's hitting almost 43% from 3 this year. I'm sure there will be a regression to the mean but he could be an attainable target.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That’s an amazingly bad FA class if that’s really the only good guys on the market. What a horrible time to have DDR, LMA, mills, gay, Lyles expiring contracts. What a waste of cap space. The FO probably won’t even try to go after Collins or Allen
    It's an awful class... the best FA's that can be gotten are ours... we'd have a better chance getting someone through a trade.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    could do worse than Nance... he could take over the Gay role in large part, while adding some more juice.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

Nance Jr. would be a pretty good Rudy Gay replacement, but I don't know how we could trade for him

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    out of all the players you mentioned, the only one you could start is Holmes and he can't shoot 3s. All the other guys average 5 PPG against bench units. Those are Trey Lyles type of numbers. We are looking for starters. I have no clue what the Spurs are going to do with 50 million in cap space. I just want them to add Collins and maybe they can find somebody nice in Europe who isn't on people's radar

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Nance Jr. would be a pretty good Rudy Gay replacement, but I don't know how we could trade for him
    Rudy Gay with defense.

At this point, if we exceed season expectations and end up being a top 4 WC team, I would trade a late first for Nance along with a vet. Reading great stuff about him being a leader and positive locker room presence.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    out of all the players you mentioned, the only one you could start is Holmes and he can't shoot 3s. All the other guys average 5 PPG against bench units. Those are Trey Lyles type of numbers. We are looking for starters. I have no clue what the Spurs are going to do with 50 million in cap space. I just want them to add Collins and maybe they can find somebody nice in Europe who isn't on people's radar
    The more I watch Richaun, the more I like. Dude has a nice floater. He's not a shooter and he's a C, but we also have ten guards. Overcrowding a position seems like our M.O.

Whenever Poetl's being soft, you throw Richaun in there and let him work. He seems to have great synergy with guards.

I wonder though if the Kings would actually let their starting C go for nothing.

Rather go for Richaun than overpay Collins.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My idea is to watch these guys this year and see which ones potentially take off. Giles is 22, Bonga is 21. They're both very young despite being in the league a few years already. Look at a player like De'Andre Hunter: his efficiency and advanced stats this year compared to last are like night & day. The one year of experience made a big deal in terms of his development, and he's 23. Every year there's someone that suddenly blossoms into a legit player after not being especially noteworthy previously-- I think Richaun Holmes and Chris Boucher are good examples at the moment, as is Keldon Johnson.
    Last edited by R. DeMurre; 01-18-2021 at 11:21 PM.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    The more I watch Richaun, the more I like. Dude has a nice floater. He's not a shooter and he's a C, but we also have ten guards. Overcrowding a position seems like our M.O.

Whenever Poetl's being soft, you throw Richaun in there and let him work. He seems to have great synergy with guards.

I wonder though if the Kings would actually let their starting C go for nothing.

Rather go for Richaun than overpay Collins.
    Holmes is great, I was just talking about him in another post today. He's ridiculously cheap for now, too - I looked it up and he apparently signed a 2 year, almost $10M contract. I really don't think the Kings will let go of him easily though, considering how good he plays for the little he's paid, but I'm holding out some hope that they have a bit of a fire sale if their ship keeps sinking, and he could be had.

I don't know if he replaces a Collins type though, in fact they could make a good pairing theoretically (and with Collins really letting it fly for spacing). Seems like Collins would rather play the 4 than the 5 full time, from what I've seen/heard of him; a bigs rotation of Collins, Holmes, then Poeltl sounds really good - too much to be real, maybe.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Yup. That’s why the smart move would’ve been to trade before the draft. Only value he has now is his expiring contract.
    It's too bad that PATFO overvalues their players though. That's a major hinderance to the Spurs as far as trades go.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Holmes is great, I was just talking about him in another post today. He's ridiculously cheap for now, too - I looked it up and he apparently signed a 2 year, almost $10M contract. I really don't think the Kings will let go of him easily though, considering how good he plays for the little he's paid, but I'm holding out some hope that they have a bit of a fire sale if their ship keeps sinking, and he could be had.

I don't know if he replaces a Collins type though, in fact they could make a good pairing theoretically (and with Collins really letting it fly for spacing). Seems like Collins would rather play the 4 than the 5 full time, from what I've seen/heard of him; a bigs rotation of Collins, Holmes, then Poeltl sounds really good - too much to be real, maybe.
    Sorry if I'm misinterpreting.. You think he's not a FA this upcoming season? He will be an unrestricted free agent.

Thread Information