https://www.spurstalk.com/grades-san...aptors-game-2/

Undefeated. Gas up the river boats

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades, with a healthy Derrick this team can make some noise.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    coming back from a 10+ deficit to pull a victory, who would say that surrounding D3mar with athletes and without weak defensive links (which some of us have been talking about since 2018) would be the key to a compe ive team, and it only took two years. ... thanks Pop and Bryn Forbes

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think i've seen enough from Rudy to say we need to trade him. The positive is that he provides instant offense, but the ball dies when it hits his hands and I would rather just watch the youth take those possessions early in the year, figure it out, and be ready by the late season. He looked so damn slow and bumbly out there tonight. I would honestly rather have Lyles get those minutes. Maybe even Eubanks.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Rudy was a mess tonight on offense but he put a body on Siakam at a time when no one else could. It was the beginning of our comeback.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I think i've seen enough from Rudy to say we need to trade him. The positive is that he provides instant offense, but the ball dies when it hits his hands and I would rather just watch the youth take those possessions early in the year, figure it out, and be ready by the late season. He looked so damn slow and bumbly out there tonight. I would honestly rather have Lyles get those minutes. Maybe even Eubanks.
    Gay sometimes looks great and sometimes he is a dead horse. It's just what it is, given his age. LMA will do the same throughout the year. Sometimes he is the best big by far on the court. Other times, Baynes outplays him.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades. Keldon didn't have as good a game tonight and made some mistakes, but damn he stuck with it and that board and free throws in the end sure made my night. Go Spurs down in the Big Easy....hopefully they can't party all night.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks for the grades. Keldon didn't have as good a game tonight and made some mistakes, but damn he stuck with it and that board and free throws in the end sure made my night. Go Spurs down in the Big Easy....hopefully they can't party all night.
    I was impressed with how aggressive he was attacking the rim. The refs weren't calling anything but he probably should've had about 8 FT's.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2016: Spurs start season 4-0 before losing next 3 of 4 games.
    2017: Spurs start season 4-0 before losing next 4 straight games.
    2018: Spurs start season 6-2 before losing next 12 of 17 games.
    2019: Spurs start season 3-0 before losing next 11 of 13 games.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I was impressed with how aggressive he was attacking the rim. The refs weren't calling anything but he probably should've had about 8 FT's.
    It's like they were given tapes of Keldon prior to the game and told each other, "OK, this guy screams a lot when he attacks the basket and gets a lot of contact but HOLD YOUR WHISTLE, OK???"

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    That last rebound and free throws were so Manu-like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Exactly!

That last rebound and free throws were so Manu-like.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Thanks Timvp. Demar is making me a believer. He has bought in the system and is playing the best basketball of his career, making the correct decisions, accepting the importance of incorporating the 3’s in his game, and closing in with a W, which is the most important thing. I would give him A+

I wish I could say the same for Aldridge. The guy is more and more shying from his paint responsibilities. He’s been overplayed by the opponent’s big men. And tonight, by Bane? Spurs need him to man the post first, control the rebounds, more than just hitting the outside shots.

Everytime Murray went aggressive to the basket, something good happens. As much as I like him facilitating, Spurs need him to score aggressively. I like the triple double, but Westbrook had plenty of those but zero calories.

Keldon. I’m a huge fan. The kid is undeterred. He will get his and ones.
    Just keep getting aggressive Lonnie. Gay and Patty were good. Vassell was much better. Lyles? He needed the bench to to put a fire on his behind. Great overcoming a solid compe ion with a win. Great game.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Gutsy win. I like what I'm seeing from Lonnie, DJ, Keldon, Vassell and DeRozan. We just need Derrick to come back and LaMarcus to wake up

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    If I play a drinking game where I only drink every time Jakob makes a free throw will I ever be drunk again?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2016: Spurs start season 4-0 before losing next 3 of 4 games.
    2017: Spurs start season 4-0 before losing next 4 straight games.
    2018: Spurs start season 6-2 before losing next 12 of 17 games.
    2019: Spurs start season 3-0 before losing next 11 of 13 games.
    In 2019, the first three games were against inferior teams, IIRC

tv screen baseline bum sananspursfan21's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    A lot of things we’ve been clamoring for have begun to happen:

-Demar hitting threes
    -Pop trusting (a little more) the young guys
    -LMA playing less
    -Lonnie playing better
    -Dijon looking a little more like a PG

It’s a good time to be a Spurs fan

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    KBD will pay dividends I hope.... he’s more versatile than Lyles I think!

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember when DDR hit a few threes last year and everyone thought he would finally make it a consistent part of his game. I have a feeling that last night was the best 3pt night we're going to get from DDR all year. Of course I hope I'm wrong, but it's been 11 years and he still hasn't done it.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I remember when DDR hit a few threes last year and everyone thought he would finally make it a consistent part of his game. I have a feeling that last night was the best 3pt night we're going to get from DDR all year. Of course I hope I'm wrong, but it's been 11 years and he still hasn't done it.
    I always thought that if Chip was able to make Tony a 3pt shooter, he could do the same with Demar.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I always thought that if Chip was able to make Tony a 3pt shooter, he could do the same with Demar.
    I honestly don't know why we're at this point. Is it safe to say DDR just hasn't wanted to shoot them, or was told not to?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Over the last two seasons, he's only had three games where he took four or more 3PA.

I agree that we shouldn't expect him to suddenly become Klay or anything, but the fact that he put up 4 attempts in the 2nd game of the season will hopefully be the beginning of a trend. (Should have been 4/5 if he hadn't pulled a Vinny on one of them)

Believe.
    My Team
    Los Angeles Lakers
    Post Count
    If I play a drinking game where I only drink every time Jakob makes a free throw will I ever be drunk again?
    Depends on the drink. He still hits 50%. So every second attempt you have to drink. How much tolerance do you have?

Thread Information