Enemy of the System Millennial_Messiah's Avatar
    Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    also, miss the days when TIME weren't so radically alt-left and were regular news, tbh.

Sad that that edition was made when the twin towers still existed, ftr.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    What y'all be having to drink on NYE? I think I'll stick with my annual tradition of colorado bulldog (kahlua and coke with milk) and a bunch of Martinelli/Welch's ciders

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    My prediction is that things will be more chaotic than 2020.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Hard to match short of a nuke and/or WWIII tbh. Unless Trump tries to make a David Koresh Waco-like last stand in the White House. Civil War II. That would be entertainment!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Hard to match short of a nuke and/or WWIII tbh. Unless Trump tries to make a David Koresh Waco-like last stand in the White House. Civil War II. That would be entertainment!
    I just can't imagine we're anywhere close to realizing the fallout from COVID. Even if we get it under control, the amount of businesses closed and jobs lost surely can't be fixed with $2000 checks. Seems like there is the potential for hundreds of thousands not being able to make rent or house payment at some point.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I just can't imagine we're anywhere close to realizing the fallout from COVID. Even if we get it under control, the amount of businesses closed and jobs lost surely can't be fixed with $2000 checks. Seems like there is the potential for hundreds of thousands not being able to make rent or house payment at some point.
    Mitch just blocked em anyways

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Seems like there is the potential for hundreds of thousands not being able to make rent or house payment at some point.
    To me that presents an opportunity. See, I'm sitting on a lot of cash with not much to do with it, since housing prices temporarily remain high, inventory low, landlording isn't great right now because of COVID anti-eviction laws and lower demand to rent because people living in their families' homes, etc.

But all of that will come to a head soon. Soon, very soon. By late summer we should see a bunch of mortgage foreclosures due to pandemic losses which will in turn lead to a dramatic increase in inventory and ergo a (temporary) but sure decrease in house/real estate prices that should last 6-12 months or so. To cap things off, interest rates have nowhere to go but up. For me that's my big break/opportunity that I need. Not only to buy a long-term manor for myself but also to start my real business in landlording.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    I declare this the millennial messiah spam thread for the rest of 2020, and jan 1st... and whoever wants to join me xD

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    Pass that Red Pill

The goal and strategy is public. Pick your family and location accordingly. Sorry for bro that rooted in the 90s.

What excuse do you have. Learn to code and create your life.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    To me that presents an opportunity. See, I'm sitting on a lot of cash with not much to do with it, since housing prices temporarily remain high, inventory low, landlording isn't great right now because of COVID anti-eviction laws and lower demand to rent because people living in their families' homes, etc.
    Opportunity. America is created on this. One problem equals solution(s), creates problem(s) etc. This is my lasting lesson learned living in America. And vastly different viewpoints
    Last edited by FrostKing; 12-30-2020 at 09:09 AM.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Pass that Red Pill

The goal and strategy is public. Pick your family and location accordingly. Sorry for bro that rooted in the 90s.

What excuse do you have. Learn to code and create your life.
    Or be like me, pretend to be good at coding and learn to read code and, more importantly, learn to google what you don't know about coding when a coding issue arises on the job. Learn to type fast and google the answers to questions you're asked in video/phone interviews; taking advantage of COVID-19 to do interviews and work remotely instead of in person.

Post Count
    NBA Team
    Chicago Bulls
    College
    Florida State Seminoles
    Or be like me, pretend to be good at coding and learn to read code and, more importantly, learn to google what you don't know about coding when a coding issue arises on the job. Learn to type fast and google the answers to questions you're asked in video/phone interviews; taking advantage of COVID-19 to do interviews and work remotely instead of in person.
    Sneaky little button sniffer. You have hustler mindset and that could be utilized

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Opportunity. America is created on this. One problem equals solution(s), creates problem(s) etc. This is my lasting lesson learned living in America
    problem is... it involves patience and waiting. i have >400k (mid six figures) sitting in the bank, but there's no way to earn interest on that right now, and nothing really to invest in at the moment that presents a good deal, since the foreclosure bubble hasn't hit due to covid-19 temporary relief laws (the stimulus money is actually quite futile and can't save mortgagees forever).

Stock market has nowhere to go but down, especially with the Biden inauguration looming... and interest rates have nowhere to go but up, literally. I'll make my big money, but right now it's still the waning months of the waiting game, where the best strategy is to make as much W2 money as you can in the face of the p(l)andemic and wait for the big crash.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Sneaky little button sniffer. You have hustler mindset and that could be utilized
    Absolutely. Maybe I'll buy a 4 acre lot in michigan where weed is fully legal and grow there without having to relocate to michigan because I know a girl (30 yr old, intellectual but hot as , kind of a hippy but more libertarian, big time stoner, not my wife, ed her a few times) who is fantastic at growing and distributing weed. Legally.

So I can be a michigander in the business sense context while not having to fully relocate to michigan. But I still hate Texas outside of the state income taxes just because the weather is gaaaaaaaah hot. 73 degree hot 'n' sultry nights in winter. Bleh.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Gonna have thunderstorms instead of snow today. Between Christmas and NYE. . Texas.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Feels like a motha in' sauna out there. Basically an early-June esque weather pattern in Texas, the day before NYE. Will cool down tonight though after the storm.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    'Twas the night before New Years
    And all through the house

The A.C. was running
    Because I live in the South!

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Happy New Year's Eve!!!!!

Time to huddle together and say a big YOU to social distancing and masks!!

Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Happy new year from the far future of 2021. I regret to inform you 2021 is more or less the same as 2020 so far.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Happy new year from the far future of 2021. I regret to inform you 2021 is more or less the same as 2020 so far.
    Will be for the first 3-4 months or so, sadly

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Less than 90 minutes from now on the east coast, 142 minutes for the most of us.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Watching the NYC ball drop and the SA New Years celebration without concerts and people huddled together like sardines will be a once in a lifetime sight to see.

Name
    Andrew
    Post Count
    NBA Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    College
    North Texas Mean Green
    Been 6 years since JibJab did one of these. I don't know why they had the 5 year hiatus, especially considering 2016 and such years were also absolutely fascinating, but at least they're finally back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNaGzi_LpDw

Thread Information