Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I'm concerned with the poor cooling shaving life off the RAM. Maybe these systems only last 2-5 years on average. As much as I want a PS5 I'm not sure I'd buy one today if I could because of that, seems like a huge red flag for buying this design early in the generation. Crazy they would neglect the RAM when the rest of the cooling seems pretty good. Ugh I wish these systems had 3 year warranties like the vast majority of PC hardware does.
    Well, unlike the PS4, the PS5 does have some thermal throttling, so I would be surprised to see actual high failure on this, but does question a bit whether you can max out the perf with that design.

Again, I didn’t have to buy my console and if I did I would’ve probably waited some time myself.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    And it’s still loud as per a few trusted YouTube reviewers.

How do you make this the biggest console you ever made (literally) and still cooling is an issue. ing Sony.
    The cooling is actually pretty decent aside from the RAM. There is no way the system isn't going to be loud given how highly clocked the gpu is.

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Well, unlike the PS4, the PS5 does have some thermal throttling, so I would be surprised to see actual high failure on this, but does question a bit whether you can max out the perf with that design.

Again, I didn’t have to buy my console and if I did I would’ve probably waited some time myself.
    Does the RAM throttle though? I know the SOC does from Cerny's presentation in February but never heard about them aggressively scaling RAM clocks the same way.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Does the RAM throttle though? I know the SOC does from Cerny's presentation in February but never heard about them aggressively scaling RAM clocks the same way.
    tbh, I don’t remember. That said, the same backplate dissipates a number of components and it’s over the SOC so it should at least help some.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    tbh, I don’t remember. That said, the same backplate dissipates a number of components and it’s over the SOC so it should at least help some.
    Bend over, I'll ing dissipate your backplate.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Bend over, I'll ing dissipate your backplate.
    Fabbs is the guy you’re thinking about if you need to dissipate some heat, tbh

Thread Information