Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/50.../1100-6485722/

Here's one WTF game that will be available on Switch.

In Call Me Under, you find yourself in an eldritch horror-infested underwater city that's caught in a centuries-long war. However, more importantly, you also find yourself meeting six gorgeous individuals, all of whom are romanceable. With 25 possible endings, there seems to be a great deal of replayability to this 1950s-set game. The game's main characters are also all fully voiced--the cast includes notable talents from other video games like Allegra Clark (Apex Legends), Robbie Daymond (Cyberpunk 2077), and Noshir Dalal (Red Dead Redemption II). Call Me Under is coming to Switch and PC in Fall 2021.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    What the are these games?

I kept scrolling to find an actual decent game and I gave up. You'll be lucky to find 5 games worth playing let along buying.

50 games

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

I kept scrolling to find an actual decent game and I gave up. You'll be lucky to find 5 games worth playing let along buying.

50 games
    How about this gem? Sounds fantastic.

Cooking Companions is one of those "cute turns creepy" games. In Cooking Companions, you travel with four other adults to the Tatras Mountains. However, the five of you become trapped after the flood waters rise, and when supplies begin to run low, folks start getting desperate. It's up to you to manage people's mental, emotional, and physical states, keeping spirits up and bellies full with the right words/actions and the dwindling cooking supplies at your disposal. Play your cards right and everyone might make it out--heck, you might land the love of your life. And if you don't...well...what's a little cabin fever and starvation-fueled cannibalism among fellow chefs? Cooking Companions releases for PC in October 2021

Take the fcking keys away baseline bum's Avatar
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2021 could end up a really good year for Switch, especially if Breath of the Wild 2 is coming out for Zelda's 35th Anniversary. looked pretty good at E3 a couple of years ago. Bayonetta 3 is another likely must-buy on Switch given how awesome the first two games were. Not sure if it comes out in 2021 or not though. 2021 is probably too early for Metroid Prime 4. Shin Megami Tensei V is supposed to come out in 2021, and that game is the whole reason I even bought a Switch. Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne's remaster will also come out this coming spring on Switch, and it is IMO the greatest turn based RPG ever made. Then Persona 5 Strikers comes out in February for Switch. Bravely Default II also comes to Switch early 2021. Loved the first game on 3DS. There is a new Monster Hunter coming out in March. Never played the series myself though. Not sure why, the games look pretty interesting. And there is another Pokemon Snap rumored for Switch. There will surely also be some Zelda remasters to celebrate the 35 anniversary just like we got the Mario remasters this year. And speaking of Mario remasters, Switch is also getting Super Mario 3D World, which is a pretty awesome game almost no one played since the Wii U flopped so hard.

All in all, 2021 could be a really really strong year for Switch. Likely better than 2019 even. Possibly the equivalent to how great 2017 was for PS4.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count

50 games
    Kena looks like it could be pretty impressive. I thought it had one of the best trailers from the PS5 games reveal.

And Stray looks kind of cool as maybe a quick 5 hour game to play in between big games with the RT lighting effects PS5 is capable of.

The rest of that list though, meh. Though I hear Hollow Knight is amazing.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    2021 could end up a really good year for Switch, especially if Breath of the Wild 2 is coming out for Zelda's 35th Anniversary. looked pretty good at E3 a couple of years ago. Bayonetta 3 is another likely must-buy on Switch given how awesome the first two games were. Not sure if it comes out in 2021 or not though. 2021 is probably too early for Metroid Prime 4. Shin Megami Tensei V is supposed to come out in 2021, and that game is the whole reason I even bought a Switch. Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne's remaster will also come out this coming spring on Switch, and it is IMO the greatest turn based RPG ever made. Then Persona 5 Strikers comes out in February for Switch. Bravely Default II also comes to Switch early 2021. Loved the first game on 3DS. There is a new Monster Hunter coming out in March. Never played the series myself though. Not sure why, the games look pretty interesting. And there is another Pokemon Snap rumored for Switch. There will surely also be some Zelda remasters to celebrate the 35 anniversary just like we got the Mario remasters this year. And speaking of Mario remasters, Switch is also getting Super Mario 3D World, which is a pretty awesome game almost no one played since the Wii U flopped so hard.

All in all, 2021 could be a really really strong year for Switch. Likely better than 2019 even. Possibly the equivalent to how great 2017 was for PS4.
    I’m looking forward to BOW for sure. I’m sure there will be some indie games to pop up. It was just striking how few were in that list.

You sure about Metroid Prime? I thought I saw somewhere that it was coming out in 2021.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Kena looks like it could be pretty impressive. I thought it had one of the best trailers from the PS5 games reveal.

And Stray looks kind of cool as maybe a quick 5 hour game to play in between big games with the RT lighting effects PS5 is capable of.

The rest of that list though, meh. Though I hear Hollow Knight is amazing.
    I wanted to like Hollow Knight but I quit pretty early on the first one.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m looking forward to BOW for sure. I’m sure there will be some indie games to pop up. It was just striking how few were in that list.

You sure about Metroid Prime? I thought I saw somewhere that it was coming out in 2021.
    I doubt it, that game got completely scrapped and Retro Studios took it over and announced they were completely restarting it from the ground up in early 2019. I'm guessing it'll be a 2022 game. But BOTW2, Bayonetta 3, Bravely Default 2, Monster Hunter Rise, Shin Megami Tensei V, Persona 5 Strikers, Super Mario 3D World, those are some pretty big releases IMO. If you haven't played the two Bayonetta games on Switch stop ing about Switch having nothing to play and pick them up because they're awesome.

Also wouldn't surprise me to see the Metroid Prime Trilogy released for Switch this year to build up hype for Prime 4. Just too much smoke there for the existence of those remasters for me to think they're not actually out there. You can bet once you see those remasters launched Prime 4 is probably ready to go within the next 6-9 months.

what uganda do about it? Joseph Kony's Avatar
    My Team
    Seattle Supersonics
    Post Count
    i bought a switch years ago and tbh it was probably a waste of money, my wife has probably spent more time playing Animal Crossing before she got bored with it months ago than i did in 3+ years of owning it the game selection is just piss poor unless you're into kiddie , not only that but Nintendo is stingy af because their games are hardly ever on sale and you have old games. why in the is Skyrim still $60??

some of the mario games were fun though, i did actually enjoy super mario U deluxe. but yeah, bad investment on my part

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    i bought a switch years ago and tbh it was probably a waste of money, my wife has probably spent more time playing Animal Crossing before she got bored with it months ago than i did in 3+ years of owning it the game selection is just piss poor unless you're into kiddie , not only that but Nintendo is stingy af because their games are hardly ever on sale and you have old games. why in the is Skyrim still $60??

some of the mario games were fun though, i did actually enjoy super mario U deluxe. but yeah, bad investment on my part
    Ewww... Super Mario U Deluxe sucked. Mario Maker 2 was far superior. Switch has some good exclusive on it like Astral Chain and Bayonetta 2. Link's Awakening is a pretty awesome remaster. And they got by far the best version of Dragon's Quest XI three years ago while PC/XB1/PS4 got a more stripped down version of the game. Those platforms just now got the good version of Dragon's Quest XI a couple of months ago. Super Mario Odyssey is incredible, best 3D platformer I have ever played and by a wide margin. While I think BOTW is overrated, it was still a really cool 150 hour game for me, loved the exploration.

I love playing the 2D handheld too. I vastly prefer playing stuff like Dead Cells, Sonic Mania, Wonder Boy, Mario Maker 2, Streets of Rage 4, etc handheld. It's not like the Vita where there are like two games on the system, I think it has already surpassed 3DS for best handheld ever made, as much as I loved the 3DS for all the Shin Megami Tensei games.

Yeah the price of Switch games sucks, which is why I thank god for fusee gelee.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also if you like Japanese games, Switch is likely to be the go-to platform for them going forward. Something like 29 of 30 the top selling games in Japan in December were Switch games. Makes me sad when I hear Sony saying they're going to de-emphasize Japanese games and focus on the west when Japanese games were such a big reason I loved the PS4 last gen. SIE Japan Studios is bleeding talent away right now. They're the studio responsible for my favorite game of the century (Bloodborne). Kind of makes me re-think buying a PS5.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Also if you like Japanese games, Switch is likely to be the go-to platform for them going forward. Something like 29 of 30 the top selling games in Japan in December were Switch games. Makes me sad when I hear Sony saying they're going to de-emphasize Japanese games and focus on the west when Japanese games were such a big reason I loved the PS4 last gen. SIE Japan Studios is bleeding talent away right now. They're the studio responsible for my favorite game of the century (Bloodborne). Kind of makes me re-think buying a PS5.
    Where did you hear this tale? And why?

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    Where did you hear this tale? And why?
    On Spawn Wave's channel this morning. Or maybe it was yesterday morning's episode.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    On Spawn Wave's channel this morning. Or maybe it was yesterday morning's episode.
    So no official .

Imo, you dont with what's working.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    So no official .

Imo, you dont with what's working.
    The losses at Japan Studio are official. Maybe Sony doesn't figure they can hold the Japanese market now with Switch dominating and Sega seeming like they're about to go all out on multiplatform, even Atlus now (who are owned by Sega). It's easy to see why Switch dominates there when apartments are so small and so much of the population uses public transportation and works insane hours.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m excited to see Kena’s reception. I’m not an impartial party so I won’t comment about it until launch. Just keep in mind they don’t have the budget of big studios. The team is certainly full of very nice and capable people and they definitely want to impress.

There’s just a bunch of unannounced stuff that I think you guys are going to be hyped about. Not to mention Unreal 5 coming together at some point next year. I just can’t talk about it yet.

As far as announced, there’s a bit for everyone I think. Ratchet, GOW, Horizon, Gran Turismo...

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ I just hope getting a PS5 won’t be a chore when GOW releases this year. Amirite ElNono *wink wink*

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I’m excited to see Kena’s reception. I’m not an impartial party so I won’t comment about it until launch. Just keep in mind they don’t have the budget of big studios. The team is certainly full of very nice and capable people and they definitely want to impress.

There’s just a bunch of unannounced stuff that I think you guys are going to be hyped about. Not to mention Unreal 5 coming together at some point next year. I just can’t talk about it yet.

As far as announced, there’s a bit for everyone I think. Ratchet, GOW, Horizon, Gran Turismo...
    I like that they seemed to actually show gameplay, and good looking gameplay for Kena. Might get it on PoorC though. Even if I could get a PS5 right now still a bit nervous to buy new hardware in the first year after seeing how XBox 360 Xenon and PS3 CECHA and CECHB consoles all ended up with sky high failure rates, while my 360 Opus and PS3 CECHP still run great ~12 years later. Still, I do want one for Tsushima at 60 fps and for the 2021 lineup so might take the chance or just buy realizing I'm maybe only renting the PS5 for 3-4 years if I buy this early. ty to only have a 1 year warranty on consoles.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    ^ I just hope getting a PS5 won’t be a chore when GOW releases this year. Amirite ElNono *wink wink*
    Sounds like it'll be a for awhile. Microsoft seems to think supply won't meet demand for the Series X until around April and no one gives a about Series X in comparison to PS5 so god knows how long it'll take Sony to meet demand.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dunno what’s up with the hardware. I’m sure the company wants to sell as many consoles as possible, and everybody worked really hard for launch. Hopefully the world slowly goes back to normal next year and anybody that wants to get one can.

That said, I can’t blame anybody that don’t want to jump on release hardware, tbh...

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I dunno what’s up with the hardware. I’m sure the company wants to sell as many consoles as possible, and everybody worked really hard for launch. Hopefully the world slowly goes back to normal next year and anybody that wants to get one can.

That said, I can’t blame anybody that don’t want to jump on release hardware, tbh...
    My biggest worry is the ty cooling on the RAM. GamersNexus did a test where they measured 95C on the PS5's RAM in a room with a pretty cool ambient temp (I think 21C). And they said their temperature probe likely underestimated temps by a few degrees, can't remember the explanation why. But those kind of temps in such a low ambient don't sound great. Those are the kind of temps we saw with AMD's Hawaii gpus that had pretty bad failure rates. I can't remember if they just put an insufficient thermal pad for the RAM in the PS5 or if it wasn't making contact with the heatsink, but it looked like a pretty nasty design flaw that I have to imagine Sony will fix once they start getting PS5's shipped back to them for warranty service.

Veteran
    My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    My biggest worry is the ty cooling on the RAM. GamersNexus did a test where they measured 95C on the PS5's RAM in a room with a pretty cool ambient temp (I think 21C). And they said their temperature probe likely underestimated temps by a few degrees, can't remember the explanation why. But those kind of temps in such a low ambient don't sound great. Those are the kind of temps we saw with AMD's Hawaii gpus that had pretty bad failure rates. I can't remember if they just put an insufficient thermal pad for the RAM in the PS5 or if it wasn't making contact with the heatsink, but it looked like a pretty nasty design flaw that I have to imagine Sony will fix once they start getting PS5's shipped back to them for warranty service.
    And it’s still loud as per a few trusted YouTube reviewers.

How do you make this the biggest console you ever made (literally) and still cooling is an issue. ing Sony.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    I doubt it, that game got completely scrapped and Retro Studios took it over and announced they were completely restarting it from the ground up in early 2019. I'm guessing it'll be a 2022 game. But BOTW2, Bayonetta 3, Bravely Default 2, Monster Hunter Rise, Shin Megami Tensei V, Persona 5 Strikers, Super Mario 3D World, those are some pretty big releases IMO. If you haven't played the two Bayonetta games on Switch stop ing about Switch having nothing to play and pick them up because they're awesome.

Also wouldn't surprise me to see the Metroid Prime Trilogy released for Switch this year to build up hype for Prime 4. Just too much smoke there for the existence of those remasters for me to think they're not actually out there. You can bet once you see those remasters launched Prime 4 is probably ready to go within the next 6-9 months.
    LOL...I still haven't played Bayonetta yet. So that's fair. I just like having some short indie games to fill in with. Games that I can sit down and play for 30 minutes at a time and actually clear a few levels. Un led Goose Game and Good Job were pretty good examples this last year. Or Dead Cells and Katana Zero which I only just discovered. I really wanted to like Cup Head but it kicked my ass.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s possible. I’ve seen the video. I haven’t had problems but I’ve had the devkit much longer than the release console and they’re very different designs.

My Team
    San Antonio Spurs
    Post Count
    It’s possible. I’ve seen the video. I haven’t had problems but I’ve had the devkit much longer than the release console and they’re very different designs.
    I'm concerned with the poor cooling shaving life off the RAM. Maybe these systems only last 2-5 years on average. As much as I want a PS5 I'm not sure I'd buy one today if I could because of that, seems like a huge red flag for buying this design early in the generation. Crazy they would neglect the RAM when the rest of the cooling seems pretty good. Ugh I wish these systems had 3 year warranties like the vast majority of PC hardware does.

Thread Information